PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Haters



Hayabusa Gaiden
06-26-2003, 10:23 AM
How come when Xbox first came out all of the PS2 magazines were taking the **** out of it?

I was reading an old medal of honor review in PSW and its really sad to see profesional writers simply mocking something that they know nothing about.

Now though is a different story.If someone mocks the box they wont stand a chance!

PS2 has alot more problems than Xbox now.To name a few....
1.Disk read errors
2.Terrible advertizing campaign-"Gonna kick some ass,gonna kick some ass!"
3.Lack of upcoming games-FFX-2 got 60% at Gamerankings and gamesdomain.
4.Lack of decent online games-FFXI,Twisted Metal

I'm not a fan boy,I own a PS2.I'm gonna sell it.
I was just thinking how immature it is to put something down just cause you don't own it or are afraid of it.

PS:Don't write GT4 end of story.That is really anoying! :cuss:

RudedogX
06-26-2003, 10:46 AM
It's becuase people want to believe they invested in is the best. That and the fact that people have an ego trip about it, so if you say their system is awful, they act like you hurt their pride, and called them out. Either way, It's true that people have subsided in their name calling, but it will pick right back once all three players bring out their new systems in the next year or two.

AlBoogy
06-26-2003, 10:49 AM
Sorry to say but Xbox has just as many problems with disc read errors. Im on my 3rd Xbox because of those damn errors.

RudedogX
06-26-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
Sorry to say but Xbox has just as many problems with disc read errors. Im on my 3rd Xbox because of those damn errors.
I'm still on my first. The only DDEs i've gotten are from Morrowind.

Kraft
06-26-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX

I'm still on my first. The only DDEs i've gotten are from Morrowind.

Same here... even with my 'crappy' first-run thompson dvd drive. I wouldn't necessarily call the ps2's lineup weak right now as they do have SOCOM with SOCOM2 right around the corner. Also EA's entire sports selection will be online for the ps2.

En7gMa
06-26-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA


Same here... even with my 'crappy' first-run thompson dvd drive. I wouldn't necessarily call the ps2's lineup weak right now as they do have SOCOM with SOCOM2 right around the corner. Also EA's entire sports selection will be online for the ps2.

I would rather have NFL 2K4 than Madden 2004.

Kraft
06-26-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by fuse2k3


I would rather have NFL 2K4 than Madden 2004.

I totally agree, and the same goes for the NHL 2k series as well... actually I guess they will be the ESPN NFL and ESPN NHL series now. But even though we know Sega has better games, EA's still have better publicity and will sell more.

En7gMa
06-26-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA


I totally agree, and the same goes for the NHL 2k series as well... actually I guess they will be the ESPN NFL and ESPN NHL series now. But even though we know Sega has better games, EA's still have better publicity and will sell more.

True, the only thing I liked in last years madden was the mini camp games, those were ok, but still not that fun. Overall, the 2k series has better visuals, better gameplay, and an overall better playing experience than the Madden/NHL 2003 series.

LTM360
06-26-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX

I'm still on my first. The only DDEs i've gotten are from Morrowind.

Im getting a bit scared, recently brand new Outlaw Golf has had 3 DDE, and a friends brand new Baulder's Gate: Dark Alliance, had 2 DDE in about 3 hrs. of playing it.

JR Alberda
06-26-2003, 02:41 PM
When I got MotoGP 2 I had DD errors all the time with only that game. I got Lense cleaning cd and everything. Didnt work.

I boiled my disc, and wammo, perfect ever since. Must have just had a surface imperfection.

2 games though? I would try lense cleaner first, dry by Maxcell is probably good. if not try boiling both.

If that dont work, or if it ruins the disc (which it wont if your careful) then just bring the game back and say that the xbox wouldnt read it, and get them to exchange it for a new disc. (probably only works within a few days of buying the game)

DocHoliday78
06-26-2003, 04:00 PM
I used to get DDE's all the time. I called up 1-800-4my-xbox and told them what was going on. Even though my warranty was expired they still repaired it and everything has been working great. I havent got one DDE yet. Also it was all free. Free s/h too and it was overnight so i got my xbox back in 3 days.

mrmp3
06-26-2003, 04:29 PM
One problem that really makes me mad about the PS2 is people who bought it back in 2000 when it first came out (like myself), can't use the Network Adapter. It's incompatible. Luckily, the Xbox doesn't have that problem. One other problem I have with the PS2 is it plays very few DVD's and my older ones that have a few knicks and dings, it always says it can't read the disc. But then, I put it in an actual DVD player and it plays fine. Plus I think the PS2 in the long run is more expensive. Xbox has harddrive, PS2 needs memory cards (only 8MB each and when I bought them, they were pretty expensive) along with the fact a harddrive add-on will soon be needed to play some games (FFXI is the only one that comes to mind), Xbox has 4 controller ports, PS2 needs multitap (which also cost a lot. And don't give me that bs about how you can play 8 players with 2 multitaps so it's better. Xbox has system link and XBL for that) So by far Xbox is a more reliable system. The only argument I could see PS2 fanboys could have against the Xbox is quality of games. I remember back when Xbox first came out PS2 fanboys always said that the system melts or it weighs like 50 pounds not allowing you to easily carry it to your friends house. :rofl: Those were some funny times.

rpgreligion
06-26-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX

I'm still on my first. The only DDEs i've gotten are from Morrowind.

I've got them from morrowind, but i've also got them from my video rental's ghost recon. Sometimes when i launch an anti tank missle, i get a DDE. I think it's because the disc is so scratched up though.

smack_roscoe
06-26-2003, 07:17 PM
Quoted by mrmp3

I remember back when Xbox first came out PS2 fanboys always said that the system melts or it weighs like 50 pounds not allowing you to easily carry it to your friends house. Those were some funny times.

Yeah, I heard the wimps complain about it. Yet those same spankboys got no problem moving their stacks of Penthous/Hustler around their bedrooms whenerver their mom's came in with the laundry.

They would also complain the the controller was too big. I'd just laugh and tell em, that's ok you'll grow into it when you hit puberty. :D

Shadow20002
06-27-2003, 12:13 AM
Yeah, even some my friends still bashing Xbox after they sell out their PS2. I'm asking why but no one answered. Just because i know in fact that Xbox have more advantages than PS2 and the like. Maybe somedays, i will say: yeah, Xbox is bad because PS2 can't beat it. The Fact.

l Maximus l
06-27-2003, 01:37 AM
Here's a couple things that I hear about people who wouldn't want to buy an XBox:

1. Because it doesn't play their PS1 games that they already own, so, they would rather get a PS2 so they can due to it being backwards compatible. (My reaction to this is: Why the hell would anyone want to play a PS1 game when the PS2 games are so much more superior? Also, why not play their PS1 games on their PS1? WTF!?)

2. They don't like the XBox because the GameCube or the PS2 is "better". When I question them how and ask them if they have ever played an XBox for more than 15 minutes, they usually say "no". Well, atleast their honest :D I say, give the damn thing a chance before bashing it!

Wouldn't that suck to be so stupid!? :eek:

Duke
06-27-2003, 12:21 PM
There are just as many people bashing the other systems for made-up or inconsequential reasons.

It all comes down to what you prefer. PS2 has a huge library with some very good titles, GCN has great games (and a horrible marketing strategy) and will satisfy the Nintendo loyal.

Hell, I just borrowed my housemate's GCN for a week (he's moving out) and I love it. I originally hated the controller, but it's actually very similar to the xbox's. Now I'm planning on buying one in the next week or two.

I still prefer xbox, but all 3 are good consoles. Anyone who's still getting hung up on bashing just has too much time on their hands.

X-Fan
06-28-2003, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by Hayabusa Gaiden
How come when Xbox first came out all of the PS2 magazines were taking the **** out of it?

I was reading an old medal of honor review in PSW and its really sad to see profesional writers simply mocking something that they know nothing about.

Now though is a different story.If someone mocks the box they wont stand a chance!

PS2 has alot more problems than Xbox now.To name a few....
1.Disk read errors
2.Terrible advertizing campaign-"Gonna kick some ass,gonna kick some ass!"
3.Lack of upcoming games-FFX-2 got 60% at Gamerankings and gamesdomain.
4.Lack of decent online games-FFXI,Twisted Metal

I'm not a fan boy,I own a PS2.I'm gonna sell it.
I was just thinking how immature it is to put something down just cause you don't own it or are afraid of it.

PS:Don't write GT4 end of story.That is really anoying! :cuss:
hey i am looking for a ps2 are u really willing to sell it?