PDA

View Full Version : Give me some reasons to keep this xbox

wals9331
12-11-2001, 01:29 PM
I bought an xbox because i was planning on selling it on ebay and making some money. I already have a ps2 and am looking for reasons to keep it.

Here are my reasons so far:
1) HALO
2) internal HD/ethernet connection

thats all i have...pleez add to this list so i can justify keeping the thing

l Maximus l
12-11-2001, 01:36 PM
The fact that you are debating on selling it to keep your PoS2 makes me just want to say this:

Sell it so a real gamer can have it.

wals9331
12-11-2001, 02:26 PM
sucks that your not a real gamer or you would already be playing games like gta3 and mgs2...gamers get all the systems to get all the best games for each system. You i see are somewhat partial to the xbox for some unknown reason. I need more then just 1 game to make me think that this is worth 300 bucks.

Anyone else want to try to give me a couple reasons? Thanks

Imported
12-11-2001, 03:16 PM
#3. Xbox if faster

xboxman_1
12-11-2001, 03:33 PM
sucks that your not a real gamer or you would already be playing games like gta3 and mgs2
Wow, I'm so happy for you... Xbox is getting both of those... how about that the Xbox has much more muscle, and the PS2 is only worth about $200. How about you sell the PS2?

l Maximus l
12-11-2001, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by wals9331
sucks that your not a real gamer or you would already be playing games like gta3 and mgs2...gamers get all the systems to get all the best games for each system. You i see are somewhat partial to the xbox for some unknown reason. I need more then just 1 game to make me think that this is worth 300 bucks.

Anyone else want to try to give me a couple reasons? Thanks

By the way, XBox is coming out with GTA3 and Metal Gear Solid X which will have better graphics, additional levels, etc etc etc...

A true gamer will want the best version of the same game. The best versions will be found only on the XBox. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize the common sense issue here. Why in the hell would a person who owns a PoS2 and an XBox purchase Medal Gear Solid 2, for example, for the PoS2 when the XBox will have Metal Gear Solid X, which is an upgraded version that has every single aspect of the PoS2 version but have more levels and better graphics? :rolleyes:

DenniZz81
12-11-2001, 04:35 PM
I bought an xbox because i was planning on selling it on ebay and making some money. I already have a ps2 and am looking for reasons to keep it.

1) HALO

Well xbox is a better gaming system and will get good games in the future. so i think you should sell your ps2.

or preferably keep them both.

Imported
12-11-2001, 04:38 PM
Internet ready :D

l Maximus l
12-11-2001, 04:42 PM
I say sell your XBox because you will need all of that money to spend on upgrading your PoS2 to what the XBox is :rolleyes:

FpS_PhReeK
12-11-2001, 04:56 PM
My dear Wals9331,

I must confir upon you with great urgency the understanding that the system in question, know as "The Xbox" is SO much more than your run of the mill gaming console.

Unlike gaming consoles of the past, the Xbox is a piece of technology designed to be the centerpiece of ones home entertainment enviornment.

:oIt plays games, awesomely detailed and deeply emmersing games.... filled not only with revolutionary graphical capabilites but also solid and reliable game play. Sure if you want to complain about the lack of titles currently available you are free to do so, however I did not buy the Xbox to play the games of yesterday and today, but for the next generation of games. The fact that you have cited sequels to once ground breaking games as your reason for sticking with the PS2 tells me that you are someone who needs instant gratification and has little patience and faith in people. To be honest I do not give a flying fuk if you keep the Xbox or not, I am just bored and at work so let me continue.

:oIt is broadband enabled.... you can play online, and I have faith that this will happen as scheduled and that it will forever alter the console market place.

:oIt has a hardrive.... meaning that you can save CD audio tracks, and game information to the console itself. Another significant point is that the hardrive minimizes load times in games. Maybe you have become a custom to those long PS2 loads and have found time to organize a cross stiching club for you and your little friends, but I rather spend my time playing video games.

:oThe Xbox simply out muscles anything else on the market, so much so that Sony is seriously considering releasing PS3 early.... maybe you should wait for that... it was scheduled for like 2006, but now they are aimng for 2004, that is not too long,,,, I mean that is only a couple games on your PS2 with those long loading times.

:p Developers are woking hard to create unbelievable games for this console, and all those greatest hits from yesterday and today, will soon make their way to the Xbox.

:rolleyes: Dude do what you want, but please do not try to look at my "green Eyed Lady" sideways or you will just get poked in the eye.:eek:

PhReeK out!

MensurB
12-11-2001, 06:25 PM
Well said, but it really has no point talking to him, he will never "convert" b/c his mind is already corruptet by PS

Frostberg
12-11-2001, 07:09 PM
If wals9331 can only see 2 reasons to keep his Xbox, somethings wrong! He obviously doesnt realize even ports will look better on the XBox...see Max Payne review for Xbox (9.2) and PS2 (8). The FSAA really helps with the super fast nVidia geforce3 like video, compared to the emotion engine crap...plus the HD helps for games like Max Payne where you have huge levels...and ports will have new features and upgraded graphics like Maximus mentioned...but I still see in the future where game developers will make games for the Xbox and port them over to the PS2. This makes sense because the Xbox has better graphics, so a developer will make it the best the first time, and degrade the quality for the PS2. It is a helluva lot easier to do this than make a game for the PS2 and rework and upgrade everything for the Xbox...just remember that!

smack119
12-11-2001, 07:53 PM
ummm i also seem to think that you wouldnt make all that much off selling it anyway.... they arent that hard to get, stores get shipments every week. around here out of the 4 stores that sell it, there is always 1 with them in stock. usually 2 or 3 have them.

but do what you want. i dont think it will change the fact that everyone else here loves their xbox. nobody will care if you have or dont have it. as long as i have mine i dont care if your playing your PoS2 or an atari for that matter. nobody will care what you do with it. keep it, sell it, hang your self with one of its 9 FOOT controller cords..... either way it wont effect me

Hugh_Jass
12-11-2001, 09:17 PM

1) HALO

There is no need to get hostile folks. He sounds sincere to me.

I'll tell you why I bought the XBOX. After 3DFX unleashed the original Voodoo chipset console graphics have sucked in comparison to the PC. We've even had four speaker 3-D audio since the mid-90s in the PC world. The XBOX has raised the bar on graphics, sound, and horsepower. It's all about immersion. It's a console without compromise or excuses. It's the console that convinced me that I no longer needed to depend on the PC for gaming bliss.

Microsoft has the cash to go the distance. Microsoft doesn't accept second place.

Rochey69r
12-12-2001, 03:39 AM

1) HALO

if you need us to give you reasons to keep it you dont deserve an xbox.

and thats the bottem line cause your obviosly a REDNECK PUNK!!

wals9331
12-12-2001, 07:12 AM
who the f#*k cares about how fast it is, or how the graphics are. A tv can only handle so much anyway so the games look about the same as compared to an xbox. I want quality games. i still play zelda for the nes because it is a quality game. yes the graphics are lacking but who the hell cares...it is still one of the best games ever made. I want to know what quality games are coming out. Not this crap about it bein so much better then the ps2. I WOULD LOVE TO KEEP THE XBOX!!!!!! GIVE ME SOME GOOD GAME TITLES (ones coming out in the future). geez thats all i wanted. Why would anyone wait 6 months for a game thats already been played by millions for 2 extra lvls and slightly better graphics...not I. In my opinion thats just some old game that everyone has already beaten. Man i try to be nice about it and you guys turn all erratic.

wals9331
12-12-2001, 07:21 AM
Thanks hugh_jass, i was actually bein completely sincere. I already have a decent computer and a ps2 (pos2) so i was wondering what games are coming out that i must have for the xbox.

P.S. I already beat max payne (very cool though)

You guys and just keep calling me a stupid jackass though...thats always something cool to say. Expecially when i want to just keep that **** thing so bad but microsoft is giving me nothing to keep it for. You guys are the ones that know what sweet games are coming out...i will wait 8 months for a sweet game, i just need a title so i can do research and realize how much i need that game. You wouldnt realize how bad i want to open that **** thing up (actually i put an incredibly high reserve price on it so i wouldnt have to sell it :)

FpS_PhReeK
12-12-2001, 07:38 AM
The reason your thread was met with such veracity and standoffishness is probably due to the fact that when you began this thread you only had 1 post to your name..... we at this forum have had our share of first time posters and relative new admittee's signing up in this forum to basically post anti-Xbox propaganda...... so our response makes sense doesn't it?

Anyway, as we have all said you can do what you want, I mean you are like 20 years old right? Do what you think is best... but if you want the games of the future, they are on Xbox.

Since you are a newbie to the Xbox realm let me impart upon you some great gaming wisdom.... check out these titles if you should feel that you need comfort in your decision to keep the Xbox.

Just go to the preview section on this web site and look at some screens from Project Ego and other upcoming releases. Look into Halo, DOA3, MGSX, Obi-Wan, THPS2x, THPS3, GTA3, SH2, McRae Rally 3, Rallisprt Challenge, Project Ego, Unreal Championship, Morrowind, Bloodwake, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, Bruce Lee, Oddworld, Madden, Fever, NFL 2k2, Yeager... just to
name a few.

Sure some of these games will be multi-platform,,, and you have said that you do not care too much about graphics.... but graphics are the main reason people chose to go from green and black monitors, to color, to VGA, to Super VGA, or Black and White television to color to High Defiition......why not have the same great games, offered with the graphics and display that they deserve?

PhReeK out!

Choose wisley young Jedi for there are two paths before you...

Jason1010
12-12-2001, 07:47 AM
Wals, ignore all these morons... they get way bent outa shape about stuff. They dont seem to realize that having a ps2, gamecube, and an xbox, is better than just having an xbox... :D Anyway, Project Ego is a cool looking game and so is Brute Force. You should check into both of those. Malice looks rather interesting too. Other than that though, i cant think of any off the top of my head. Try just looking in the previews section at some different xbox sites and see if u like what u see there. I know there are some really good games comming out soon. You should keep it regardless though and play halo... that game is just like halflife only a little better even maybe... i cant really compare the too, they are both so **** good lol :p

Anyway keep it I say, but if u wanna sell it, go for it and do it fast so you can get a good price for it man! ;)

wals9331
12-12-2001, 08:35 AM
i understand if they thought i was putting the system down. I am the type that buys all the systems but i was just wondering if this one was worth it. It definitely sounds like it is. I heard that morrwind and project ego are both going to be sweet. Plus if i did have a choice i would want the better graphics (who wants tony hawk 3 for ps when you can get it for ps2). If i dont get crap loads of money i will probably keep it :). Any problems with your guys systems though. I had to send my ps2 and my dreamcast back to get them fixed (got both the 1st day they came out). I dont want the xbox breakin too....

Taltoz
12-12-2001, 09:27 AM
I would say keep it. Rent some games and keep an eye out for future releases. If in a couple of months you still have not found games you like then sell it. I doubt you would though ;-)

I actually envy you for being able to have both systems. Best of both worlds.

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 11:21 AM
Wals...if you want a good list of games coming out other than what is out right now, read this, but I warn you, it may cause you to cry with happy tears :D check it out:

(This is not in any specific order)

Shenmue 2
Project Ego
Metal Gear Solid X (exclusive levels on this version)
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Battlefield 1942
Hunter: The Reckoning
Grand Theft Auto 3
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Brute Force
Bounty Hunter
Return to Castle Woflenstein
Collin McCrae

(Since Collin McCrae is not on here, here is a shot of what the actual cars look like...these cars consist of 13,000 polygons a peice) :

http://www.vgnation.com/screens/colin2.jpg

Hugh_Jass
12-12-2001, 12:06 PM
Any problems with your guys systems though. I had to send my ps2 and my dreamcast back to get them fixed (got both the 1st day they came out). I dont want the xbox breakin too....

I've had mine since launch and haven't had a single problem with it.

Hugh_Jass
12-12-2001, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

(Since Collin McCrae is not on here, here is a shot of what the actual cars look like...these cars consist of 13,000 polygons a peice) :

http://www.vgnation.com/screens/colin2.jpg

That is SO SWEET! I hope they look that good in-game.

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 12:21 PM
Hey, Hugh...does this answer your question: :D

http://images.gamespot.co.uk/images/xbox/2001/crae3/gal_crae3_1_screen001.jpg

wals9331
12-12-2001, 01:24 PM
Man that does look pretty freaking sweet. Plus i guess my friend got it too so we could play halo online together or co-op :). I still think half life is pretty sweet, i used to play online constently. FPS are tight...its just hard to get used to them on a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard.

You guys arent so bad when you arent tearing me apart :).

You guys care about missing FFX? I heard it comes out in a week...

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 01:44 PM
Man that does look pretty freaking sweet. Plus i guess my friend got it too so we could play halo online together or co-op :). I still think half life is pretty sweet, i used to play online constently. FPS are tight...its just hard to get used to them on a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard.

You guys arent so bad when you arent tearing me apart :).

You guys care about missing FFX? I heard it comes out in a week...

Rumor is that Final Fantasy is coming out on the XBox :D

Ninja Scroll
12-12-2001, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
The fact that you are debating on selling it to keep your PoS2 makes me just want to say this:

Sell it so a real gamer can have it.

I could not have said it better myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dronezero
12-12-2001, 07:45 PM
About the question on FFX: I do not really care about missing it or whether it comes out for the xbox or not. I have never really been a fan of the series. And plus there are a bunch of very good rpgs coming out (project ego, morrwind, shenmue II) so they should sufice.

On a side note everyone should check out Project Ego. If it shapes up to be everything that they say it can do than it will be pretty d*mn close to my opinion of the perfect game.

huskerman
12-12-2001, 10:10 PM
Why don't you just sell it to someone who really wants one!

takn414
12-12-2001, 11:18 PM
your two reasons are good enough to keep it. Need you say more? Need I say more?

XAddict
12-13-2001, 05:35 PM
DUDE DONT SELL THE XBOX AND GO TO THE DARK SIDE

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 05:57 PM
There's nothing worse that seeing someone find the light and then turn their back from it. It's a d a m n shame :eek:

batman46st
12-13-2001, 06:13 PM
listen i own a ps2 sold it to my brothe for 150 dollars with controlers and games to get money for my xbox. ps2 didnt have anythingi wanted xbox has everything ill want till xbox 2 but my friend yourhappy with your ps2 sell your xbox to a person who is more deserving one who wont come into a post and say give me a good reason to keep mine... im sure once you've sold it and see how mgsx and gta3 and many more good titles for ps2 come out for xbox way way way way way way better.... youll want one! its your box do as u like as for us in here its kind of a funny question to ask cause in all reality ps2 is joke to the xbox my god the 1st wave of games for xbox are awesome i get chills to see the 2nd wave of games **** time is crule... hey enjoy ps2 budd;)

wals9331
12-14-2001, 08:22 AM
You guys are gonna get a crappy gta 3. I heard they are going to tone it done a bunch because everyone is biatchin about it. I am probably going to keep both the ps2 and the xbox. Why sell your old systems...then you cant say you own like 10 video game systems :)

peyote
12-14-2001, 11:34 AM
Wals,

Let's suppose you're sincere on the topic, okay?

You say your a serious gamer, so it would be my understanding that you already know why you should keep the X-box. Serious gamers do all the research before the leap. People with too much money buy every game system and say they're gamers. But seriously, if you like GTA3 and MGS2 keep PS2 until you get a game equivalent to that for X-box. Then, when you finally see the light you can sell your PS2 for $50 on e-bay. Otherwise, I'd sell PS2 now while it's worth a bit more.

I could spend my time explaining why X-box is the better system, but I think everybody here has done a decent job of it.

What I want to tell you is that my position is unique among most because I'm a die-hard Mac-User and I would not dream of using a PC for reasons that would best be posted somewhere else. But, I did my research on the X-box well over a year ago and continued up till I bought one.

Here are some reasons to keep the X-Box that might've been over-looked:

1. Microsoft does not invest this kind of money in a venture unless it plans on taking it over.

2. X-box is the only game system with 3 really good sports development houses. And Microsoft is slowly taking the sports market over as well. Have you played NFL Fever 2002? saaaweet. PGR is good but RallySport will be even better.

3. MS has dev teams for almost every game market.

4. Microsoft is truly showing the other dev. houses how to take advantage of the x-box hardware. And when people start catching on that the companies are doing straight ports and they don't look as good as the native x-box games, 3rd & 4th party developers will realize that this won't cut it anymore and they'll add more textures, bumpmaps, polys and whatever it takes to make them x-box native because of the demand for better looking games. This is the first time that straight ports from PS2 to the X-box look a generation behind.

5. Online, enuff said here. Who, in there right mind that's played pc games online will think a company with little to no experience in the online gaming market can do better then Microsoft.

6. PS2 sealed their fate by not selling the system with ethernet and HD. Microsoft knew how important the HD and ethernet was for winning the online gaming market. And it doesn't take a marketing genius to know that game systems have never done well by selling must-have upgrades because people just decide to buy the competing product. low-priced add ons are the only things that work.

7. PS 2 is supposedly setting up there online network in april (one month earlier than X-Box) and I don't see how it will succeed because they haven't even sold the HD/ethernet combo yet. This is also a tough sell for dev teams since no consumer has one yet, why should they develop online games for PS2.

8. Last thing to think about........? I'm a Mac-Addict, and I doubt I'll ever buy a PC (thought about it once for Nascar4) & I'm completely convinced that the X-box is the best gaming system and will sell the most for reasons above.

wals9331
12-14-2001, 01:29 PM
Well tomorrow night my xbox will be in the last stages of the auction. I set the reserve incredibly high (500 bucks) so nobody would buy the **** thing and i could keep it for myself. Lets hope it works. I want to play freakin halo!!!!!

P.S. All my friends are "ps2 fanboys" they are gonna tear me apart for this. Oh well i guess they tore me apart when i got my mustang and i love that thing (they are also gm fanboys) :). I am getting used to it....

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 01:46 PM
Well tomorrow night my xbox will be in the last stages of the auction. I set the reserve incredibly high (500 bucks) so nobody would buy the **** thing and i could keep it for myself. Lets hope it works. I want to play freakin halo!!!!!

P.S. All my friends are "ps2 fanboys" they are gonna tear me apart for this. Oh well i guess they tore me apart when i got my mustang and i love that thing (they are also gm fanboys) :). I am getting used to it....

Good decision. When they come over to see Halo in action, tell them they can't play and instead just welcome them to foam at the mouth :D