PDA

View Full Version : Between now and Halo 2...

nycgamer
06-26-2003, 12:45 PM
...what is there to look forward to? Quite frankly, I'm too lazy to look up all the games from all the different developers that are scheduled to come out between now and then. Yes, I've heard of a couple that I'm interested in, but many minds operate more effeciently than one - when organized anyway. So, let's organize our collective thinking in this thread and get some games listed that are worth mentioning - WORTH mentioning: now I realize that NOTHING is going to measure up to Halo 2 standards, but try to keep your list limited to games that at least come somewhat close and involve guns. Otherwise, this will just end up another list with too many games to sort through, most of which won't be worth the time.

If done right, thiis is going to save us all some time ~ we should end up with a pretty nice list of shooters to check out right here.

J98GT
06-26-2003, 01:08 PM
At the rate that this game is being hyped, Not even Halo 2 will live up to Halo 2 standards. Lets be realistic here people, it IS possible to make a better game than Halo. Is there one for XBOX, not yet. I think Perfect Dark Zero will come close if it ever comes out.

Kraft
06-26-2003, 01:10 PM
Actually I think if they just made more levels for halo that would live up to halo 2 standards. People will definately be impressed by the increases in grapics, gameplay and strategy it will present. As far as between now and Halo 2, watch out for these superb games:

Crimson Skies
Fable
Rainbow Six 3
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Starcraft: Ghost
The debut of XSN sports with Fever 2004
Xbox Music Maker

and many many more.

Shadow20002
06-26-2003, 01:16 PM
Before Halo 2 going out, i keep my eyes pills for these ones:

Sudeki
Fable (hmm...don't know if is coming)
Ninja Gaiden
Otogi: Myth of Demons

Other than that, give it a try before getting. :cool:

RudedogX
06-26-2003, 01:24 PM
Raven Shield,
Kill-Switch (same game as in your sig),

Then there is also a game coming out which I played at E3. It's coming out on all systems unfortunately, but that didn't stop it from being scary as hell! The game is called The Suffering (http://www.midway.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/AppLogic+FTContentServer?pagename=FutureTense/Apps/Xcelerate/Midway/RSK_Game&gameid=ZZZO4Z8TBED&console=xbox)

JR Alberda
06-26-2003, 01:44 PM
Raven sheild
Fable
BC
KOTOR
Pirates of Carribean

LynxFX
06-26-2003, 02:26 PM
Some others:

Prince of Persia
TMNT
Amped2
Counter Strike

MerimacHamwich
06-26-2003, 02:39 PM
Full Spectrum Warrior

Casper
06-26-2003, 03:18 PM
Rainbox Six 3
Prince of Persia
Crimson Skies

MerimacHamwich
06-26-2003, 03:27 PM
How come everyone around here seems to be so un-educated about Full Spectrum Warrior? The game looks tottally bad arse. A must buy. It might even be better than Rainbow Six 3.
Games Domain Preview (http://www.gamesdomain.com//xbox/previews/Full_Spectrum_Warrior.html)
IGN E3 Preview (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/403/403552p1.html)
IGN Full Spectrum Warrior articles (http://xbox.ign.com/objects/566/566987.html?ui=gamefinder)
Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/fullspectrumwarrior/index.html)
Gamespy (http://www.gamespy.com/games/6453.shtml)
Official THQ game webpage (http://thq.com/games/MinisiteDefault.asp?UPC=52023)

l Maximus l
06-27-2003, 12:53 AM
Raven Shield
Amped 2

That's all I care about at this point. Since Halo 2 is so far away and all...

I also still play the current Halo like no other...

bretman1234
06-27-2003, 01:33 AM
true crime anyone? i personally can't wait for this.

Dre
06-27-2003, 01:52 AM
Far Cry.

This game has a physics engine like no other. Well, actually, Half-Life 2 has a pretty insane physics engine also.

Far Cry also has a crazy graphics engine. It started off as being a tech demo, but is now turning into a full-fledged Jungle warfare/survival FPS. The engine is capable of rendering huge outdoor levels. The things I've seen of Far Cry so far have been a HUGE island. I think you get stranded on the island at the beginning and then things go bad when you find out theres other ppl on the island. And they have guns. And they'll all want to kill you I'm sure! :)

I saw one vid where the player was at the top of a big cliff and was using the zoom on a rocket launcher. He shoots a rocket and your like, whats he shooting at? Well, pulls out binoculars or more zoom on rocket I forget and watches the rocket travels over a km or 2 at least. Then it hits a group of guys setting up a little army base on the beach. Incredible.

MerimacHamwich
06-27-2003, 02:48 AM
Don't forget the rocket craters the ground on impact!
:cheers:

Viper87227
06-27-2003, 09:27 AM
Half-Life 2
Counter-Strike
True Crime
ESPN NFL, NHL, NBA
DOOM III (does this come out before Halo 2?)

Oh and for the few of you who said full spectrum warrior, I dont think that comes out till March 2004....which would be after Halo 2.

No Fear 23
06-27-2003, 10:04 AM
Doom 3
Half-life 2
Counterstrike
Rainbow six
SWAT: Global team

all the best shooters baby.

in SWAT: you can use the headset to give out commands in singleplayer mode. and it will support XBL too.

bretman1234
06-27-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227
Oh and for the few of you who said full spectrum warrior, I dont think that comes out till March 2004....which would be after Halo 2.

Well if it comes out March 2004, that will be a month before halo 2 comes out. Halo 2 is slated for April 1st, 2004. I think on that day, they will probably proclaim that the game was delayed and wont come out for 6 more months. But in actuality, games will still be in stores. That will be a big april fools joke.

SoundX
06-28-2003, 12:06 PM
Raven Shield
Fable
Amped 2
Xbox Music Maker

There's so real good ones coming soon :)

Kortiz
06-28-2003, 02:45 PM
first and foremost......FABLE YOU MOTHER FOCKERS!

second.....NINJA GAIDEN WUWU!

3rd..........KOTOR!!!!!

4th.............ummmmm......TMNT!!!

and then....uhhhh that one game. SOUL CALIBUR!!!!!!!!

Viper87227
06-28-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by bretman1234

Well if it comes out March 2004, that will be a month before halo 2 comes out. Halo 2 is slated for April 1st, 2004. I think on that day, they will probably proclaim that the game was delayed and wont come out for 6 more months. But in actuality, games will still be in stores. That will be a big april fools joke.

damn....i though Halo 2 came out in January

Absydian
06-28-2003, 10:16 PM
Counter Strike, Fable, BC, Raven Shield, Prince of Persia, KOTOR, Project Gotham 2, Amped 2, Soul Calibur 2, Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 2, Doom 3, and Half LIfe 2!

slickbmw
06-29-2003, 10:23 PM
NFL Fever 2004
NHL Rivals 2004
Amped 2
Project Gotham 2
Perfect Dark 0

thrAsher
07-01-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
Before Halo 2 going out, i keep my eyes pills for these ones:

Sudeki
Fable (hmm...don't know if is coming)
Ninja Gaiden
Otogi: Myth of Demons

Other than that, give it a try before getting. :cool:

Bite your tongue, Shadow!!!! ;)

Fable WILL come out.......or else! I think they're trying to keep a tight lid on it. I'm sure they're under the gun now to get the game out, so it's no wonder that there isn't a whole lot of new info coming out on the game. Heck, go to Big Blue Box's (www.bigbluebox.com) site and check out there forums for all the info you can handle on Fable. I was cruising their boards for a short while when I realized I was ruining the game for myself.

On topic, Fable and BC are the two games I'm anticipating the most.

Nameless00
07-01-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by J98GT
Lets be realistic here people, it IS possible to make a better game than Halo. Is there one for XBOX, not yet.
Actually, there are many games out that are better than Halo. But thats my opinion.

mattgame
07-03-2003, 03:09 PM
Madden 2004 will take precious months away but you're only limiting yourself to shooters, therefore, Ghost Recon Island Thunder, Counter Strike, among others will be out soon. Halo2 will be the absolute shizzell!! Also, the xbox better do something fast, they must produce. ;)

bretman1234
07-03-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by t_howell
Also, the xbox better do something fast, they must produce. ;)

actually, I think the opposite. Xbox owners have grown accustom to delays of some sort, so we are used to playing what we have. Personally I think that right now the xbox has the best collection of games out there. Now if i have that feeling now, and the big games of the future of xbox haven't even hit, I think the xbox will and is doing just fine.

Charlie Tango
07-03-2003, 04:11 PM
Has anyone heard anything good about counter-strike?
it sounds like it is gonna b a good game guys im definately gonna check this one out