PDA

View Full Version : I have a question for all you people - Please Read -

50CeNt
06-26-2003, 11:03 PM
Guys i wanted to konw say if im moving to another country its Dubai and i am currently living in Canada would my xbox work their or would their be electric issues, like i want to konw if my xbox would work their? Thanks in advance

Different watt their i konww that for a fact so please help me out. This is troubling me

Shadow20002
06-26-2003, 11:17 PM
Sure it's works with electricity issues but i don't know if you must buy a new TV to play. Also, you cannot play any titles there, you must buy from Canada.

l Maximus l
06-27-2003, 12:46 AM
All you need to do is purchase an international travel converter at your local electronics store. Radio Shack, for example. Basically, it converts everything for you. Definately pick one up! They are probably $15 or so...

Himji
06-27-2003, 02:27 AM
As said, you need a travel converter and you need to play canadian (possibly american if it's the same region coding) games only. You can't play games that you buy there unless you've modded your box

Kraft
06-27-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Himji
As said, you need a travel converter and you need to play canadian (possibly american if it's the same region coding) games only. You can't play games that you buy there unless you've modded your box

But anyone with good morals won't have a modded Xbox... Anyways, Canada and the US are both NTSC encoded, so just make sure you pick up NTSC (and not PAL or Japanese encoded) games.

Himji
06-27-2003, 03:20 AM
But anyone with good morals won't have a modded Xbox...

Agreed :D

I was just laying down the facts. Oh but i did forget about the NTSC vs PAL thing, I have absolutely no idea what system they use out in the Middle East...

Dre
06-27-2003, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA

I've got to disagree. Anyone with good morals won't be pirating games.

Modding an Xbox in itself has nothing bad with it. In fact, check out this book review:

http://books.slashdot.org/books/03/06/26/1454249.shtml?tid=109&tid=137&tid=187

Some interesting stuff seems to be presented in that book, I'm thinking of picking it up. Who wouldn't want their Xbox's to have added functionality such as mp3 and divx/vcd playback. Also unlocking the regional restrictions as Himji pointed out allowing you to import games is a nice thing to have.

Himji
06-27-2003, 06:55 AM
Actually, all those things on the whole are still illegal and not the best sort of thing to do DRE. your DIVX and VCD movies are likely to be movies you'vew downloaded from the net as are your MP3's. I do admit, a small percentage of people will want to play thier home movies on thier VCD or rip all thier albums onto one or two CD's but those peopel are very few and far between.

Pirated xbox games are very bad for the xbox as we all know, no games sales mean the box will die but music is no different. We've given the industry a very bloody nose by pirating and distributing the music so effectively. I know here they've slashed prices immensly to prices that are more reasonable, hopefully, they've learnt thier lesson and will stop taken liberties and swindle the customer.

Anyway, sorry for the antipiracy rant. I'll go and buy MM3 now :D

Flood
06-27-2003, 09:25 AM
damn...i came into this thread thinking i was gonna be all smart and save the day, but Max and Kraft already said what i was going to say :( oh well

50CeNt
06-27-2003, 11:22 AM
thank you all! :)

BunnyRabbit
06-28-2003, 12:47 AM
Yeah I came in here expecting to know somewhat of a partial answer....I had no idea.

LynxFX
06-28-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Himji
We've given the industry a very bloody nose by pirating and distributing the music so effectively. I know here they've slashed prices immensly to prices that are more reasonable, hopefully, they've learnt thier lesson and will stop taken liberties and swindle the customer.
Bloody nose? It won't stop until they are decapitated, and that will have no affect on the artists. The music companies have learned nothing and are only digging themselves into a deeper hole. But that is as much as I will go into the subject.

So back on topic.
uhh, I have nothing else to contribute on topic other than the xbox does great NTSC to PAL and PAL to NTSC conversion. :)

X-Fan
06-28-2003, 03:26 AM
first of all congrats on going to dubai been there 5 time sand i love that place!go down to sharjah and watch a few cricket matches my man u are so lucky u dont know!anyways that electronic converter from radioshack only works for 15 minutes and then has to be recharged so u wont be able to play ur xbox with that thing so if u are going there for good i recommend sell everything in canada and save the money and go buy a xbox from the dubai duty free(great prices) and all the games that u need.

afon
06-29-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA

Hmm... i think any company with good morals wouldnt be suggesting 50 dollars a game. Its pathetic, i walk into target and see it there for 50, next week when they cant get anyone to pay the ridicuals price, they milk it for 20 dollars. I personally hope you only said that because MS walks this site like a dog, 'they say jump and you say how high'
Btw, that quote was from RATM :-D
And most of you engage in the most active piracy on the net, downloading an un-authorized MP3. So whats worse, ripping off a HUGE company with an owner who has a little over 90 billion dollars while people are starving to death..or your spoiled artist. We need to take a look ar our morals values.
:cuss: im so tired of piracy law ass kissers

But eh, what else can you do in a capitol society, explioting labor is the only way to make a living in a capolist society/government

*waiting for the flames to roar in, because everything mom and dad told them is starting to become a lie more a more *

Spike Minoda
06-29-2003, 01:42 PM
Yeah I'd actually do waht x-fan said, just depends on how long are you staying there? and if u wanted a new game it would cost more and take longer to get it since you have to ship and crap.