PDA

View Full Version : Gimme one reason to stay here and I'll turn right back around

nycgamer
06-27-2003, 11:58 AM
I started with PS2, then got Gamecube, then Xbox. I have phased out most of my PS2 and GC games and now have predominantly Xbox titles, most of which are shooters. I just got a high-powered PC and something tells me that now I'll be looking more at PC games than any other.

Most of the shooting games that excited me at E3 were on PC. If Xbox has enough console-exclusive titles coming out, then I'll still play my Xbox - as it is, I still have a bunch of great Xbox titles that I either haven't finished or want to play over again.

But unless they can keep enough great console-exclusive shooters coming out, Microsoft might eventually lose me to the more powerful PC... c'mon, Xbox... gimme one reason to stay! (even Halo 2 will be on PC eventually)

Koopa
06-27-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by nycgamer
(even Halo 2 will be on PC eventually) [/B]

no it wont;)

im primarily a pc gamer too, but that doesn't mean i dont like my xbox...im waiting for crimson skies, rainbow six three (its different than the PC one), fable, BC, splinter cell2, etc etc etc...and those are only the xbox exclusives! thats not counting counter-strike, half life 2, sc:ghost, and more.

theres no need to give up hope, yet!

Xbox Owner
06-27-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Koopa

splinter cell2

That's going on PC, I think.;)

Anyway, yeah, what Koopa pretty much mentioned are some awesome hits. RAW 2 might even be a great game..who knows? Ghost Recon: Island Thunder was on the PC as an expansion pack I believe, but it'll probably be better on Xbox, plus Xbox Live and voice chat.

Rainbow 6 is what I'm waiting for, a yes, it'll be different from the PC version too.

Also, if you like racing games..PC's aren't that great for them.. so game's like Motogp2, rallisport, a the others are probably better on you're Xbox then anything else. Plus, Midtown Madness and Midnight Club are fun. :)

Oh, if you like having you're friends come over..or you go over there, you could take you're Xbox and play mulitplayer...that's something you can't do on the PC..well, some games you can, but it's pretty much crap.

Well, hope that helps.
:D

The Jackal
06-27-2003, 01:05 PM
oh know!?!? everyone get in here... Xbox cant afford to lose a customer :cry: please for the love of god hurry!! :D

BunnyRabbit
06-27-2003, 01:07 PM
PC and Xbox will have similar games....Yes it is true, but would you rather not playit on a screen 3 times as large?

Well any TV should be larger than your monitor. Also...Well....

Im done.

AlBoogy
06-27-2003, 02:35 PM
Why do you need us to convince you to do anything? Make your own decisions.

Shadow20002
06-27-2003, 03:03 PM
Just quit the Xbox than you will regret. Loosing interest on something but you will regret after all. Like me, it's like more than a month i have not touch the Xbox, but when i touch it now, i play it like crazy more than 4 hours a day.

VenoM
06-27-2003, 03:15 PM
xbox live...........and thats all i will say

DocHoliday78
06-27-2003, 08:05 PM
Xbox live rapes the PC's multiplayer experience.

Bigwig
06-27-2003, 10:43 PM
Fable
BC
Top Spin
Ninja Gaiden
NFL Fever
Breakdown
Brute Force
every freaking crossport other then need for speed and a few EA sports titles.

shrew king
06-28-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by The Jackal
oh know!?!? everyone get in here... Xbox cant afford to lose a customer :cry: please for the love of god hurry!! :D

I think he just wanted to know which games were coming out that'd offer something he couldn't find on the PC.

If you rather play with your friends than complete strangers then you'd probably want to stick with Xbox and Xbox Live, that is if your friends aren't big PC gamers like yourself.

As for games, here are the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

B.C.
Half Life 2 (IMO has the Xbox Live advantage)
DOOM III (If they do in fact add a multiplayer)
Fable
Rainbow Six III (Will have voice command and XBL multiplayer)
Crimson Skies (Never played it but supposedly awesome, and has XBL)
Halo 2
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
Otogi

If you don't play your Xbox anymore I won't lose sleep, but hope this helped.

X-Fan
06-28-2003, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by shrew king

I think he just wanted to know which games were coming out that'd offer something he couldn't find on the PC.

If you rather play with your friends than complete strangers then you'd probably want to stick with Xbox and Xbox Live, that is if your friends aren't big PC gamers like yourself.

As for games, here are the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

B.C.
Half Life 2 (IMO has the Xbox Live advantage)
DOOM III (If they do in fact add a multiplayer)
Fable
Rainbow Six III (Will have voice command and XBL multiplayer)
Crimson Skies (Never played it but supposedly awesome, and has XBL)
Halo 2
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
Otogi

If you don't play your Xbox anymore I won't lose sleep, but hope this helped.
not to mention
ninja gaiden
true crime
splinter cell:pt(xbl)
doa online
pgr 2
all those cool looking games from rare
xsn

Dre
06-28-2003, 09:23 AM
God forbid you play both Xbox and PC games...

I know its totally outta this world...but try and follow me for a sec. If you want to really rebel against society, dust off your PS2 and GC and, OMFG, play games on multiple platforms!

smack_roscoe
06-28-2003, 12:42 PM
Hey look if your the type of gearhead that likes to constantly drop bank on the newest, next more powerful graphics card then go for it. I personally have no interest in having to get a new system every 6 months JUST to play the latest game. Eventually, most of the AAA pc games are going to end up on the Box. And, even if it doesnt, I'm sure I'll get over it.