PDA

View Full Version : Read this or die!

BunnyRabbit
06-27-2003, 01:12 PM
I heard something about you dont have to be of age 17 to buy Mature games anymore.....If thats true does this mean you can work at EB without having to be of age 17? Cause my brother applied and they told him he has to be 17 to sell Mature games.

carlbme
06-27-2003, 01:35 PM
1. This should be in off-topic

2. Call your local EB and find out.

:p

bretman1234
06-27-2003, 01:38 PM
my local eb is full of dumbass's who told me that halo 2 will be out by the holiday season so i should preorder it now.

I was like "no....... its comin out in 2004." then they just told me that is what insiders were telling them.

Shadow20002
06-27-2003, 02:08 PM
Anyway, Bungie try to surprise us maybe ??? :p

BunnyRabbit
06-27-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by carlbme
1. This should be in off-topic

2. Call your local EB and find out.

:p

1. Nothing wrong with me
2. Nothing wrong with me
3. Nothing wrong with me
FOUDEKhjgedfraa

sabca
06-27-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by BunnyRabbit

1. Nothing wrong with me
2. Nothing wrong with me
3. Nothing wrong with me
FOUDEKhjgedfraa

...Well, anyway, I think as of late the age limit would be more strictly enforced because these fools are over reacting about kids with violent video games. Oh well, I only have a year to wait and I'll apply at every video game store in town(all one of them)

BunnyRabbit
06-27-2003, 03:54 PM
Im gonna go psycho on the next person that doesnt let me buy an M rated game. If I worked at a game store I would let kids of at least 15 buy these sort of games.

Professor Kaos
06-27-2003, 04:25 PM
I by my M rated games at EB. I think u have to be 18 to sell one but not buy one? Seems to me that Wal-Mart is the only place they wont let a person under 18 by a M rated game.

carlbme
06-27-2003, 04:38 PM
I know that my local EB and other retailers will not let anyone under 17 purchase a M rated game. I personally don't mind the idea.

UrukHaiXC
06-27-2003, 04:50 PM
Stupid Gov. Locke banned selling M-Rated games to minors in the state of Washington. Any store caught selling games to minors will be fined pretty largely, so I don't think I will be buying any M-Rated games anytime soon. It's nice having friends though.

# 1 Stunner
06-27-2003, 04:50 PM
i dont no bout u guys but i just bought an m rated game at eb and im only 15..:watchout:

MixMasta
06-27-2003, 04:54 PM
nobody here is detroit cares....eb, gamestop, bestbuy, circuit city, target, ive bought M games at all and never been stopped.....dont go to wal mart however, cause its too far away from my house...actually, i just dont go there.....but anyways, blockbuster is pretty ***, cause of that parent permission sticker they put on video games and movies. even if there are no locks on your account, they still wont let you rent it!

carlbme
06-27-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by UrukHaiXC
Stupid Gov. Locke banned selling M-Rated games to minors in the state of Washington. Any store caught selling games to minors will be fined pretty largely, so I don't think I will be buying any M-Rated games anytime soon. It's nice having friends though.

Why not ask your parents to buy it for you?

BunnyRabbit
06-27-2003, 07:13 PM
Yeah whenever I have a prob buying any games my parents deal with it.:D so yay

DocHoliday78
06-27-2003, 07:55 PM
It really depends on if you look 18 or not. I have been always able to get games at Gamecrazy and Gamestop. I know the law in Michigan is that its a felony to sell a minor a M rated game. OXM had it in one of their early issues i think.

BunnyRabbit
06-27-2003, 09:27 PM
Personally I have not been affected in any way and neither has any of my many friends been affected by M rated games. In fact E rated games are more likely to drive me mad.

Boring factor!`

But no some E rated games are the shiz.

Dyslexic Chaos
06-27-2003, 11:45 PM
My Wal-Mart doesnt give a ish. I even bought SOE with the big Do Not Sell to Minors Label and no1 cared.

BunnyRabbit
06-28-2003, 12:42 AM
I called EB....Looks like its a negative for a 16 yr old to work there:cry:

X-Fan
06-28-2003, 04:23 AM
nobody cares in my area but once a best buy dude was givin me trouble although i am 17 but forgot my id so just to **** him off i asked the guy next to me in the line to pay for it and he was like 52-55 and when he paid my money to the guy and handed the game over to me that guy started bull crapping wid the old guy that he should'nt have done that and what not so the cool old guy told him shut up moron and just check me out!lol it was pretty funny.

Dre
06-28-2003, 09:20 AM
Umm, whats up with the thread title? I must say, it grabbed my attention... *I don't wanna die* :cry:

LOL, anyhoo I'm 23 so I couldn't care less :)

Flood
06-28-2003, 09:29 AM
ahhh, im so glad i dont have to deal with that anymore...one of the perks of being 21 :)

but i remember when Mortal Kombat came out and started the whole ratings on video games...places were really strict when it first started, but then people slowly stopped caring, or they realized that THEY'RE JUST VIDEO GAMES!!!! playing Doom isn't going to make me want to go out and kill people, it will make me want to kill giant floating red demon things :)

Dre
06-28-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Flood-XBA
it will make me want to kill giant floating red demon things :)

Ah, the Cacodemon. Yes.. I remember downing hordes and hordes of them nasty one eyed hacky-sacks :)

I can't wait to play Doom III, its going to be incredible. And rated M, hehehe

Flood
06-28-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Dre

Ah, the Cacodemon. Yes.. I remember downing hordes and hordes of them nasty one eyed hacky-sacks :)

I can't wait to play Doom III, its going to be incredible. And rated M, hehehe

really? i thought they were aiming for an E(everyone) rating ;)

BunnyRabbit
06-29-2003, 01:46 AM
ahahahhaha flood you make me laugh

*looks at everyone

What?! Im not just kissing his ass!:p

UrukHaiXC
06-29-2003, 02:07 PM
First, I already said that I get friends to get the games for me.
Second, if your parents were Mormon you would understand that they all follow the damn laws and suggested ratings and shyt.

dances with broom sticks
06-29-2003, 03:02 PM
Im gonna go psycho on the next person that doesnt let me buy an M rated game. If I worked at a game store I would let kids of at least 15 buy these sort of games.

Which is the exact reason they dont let people your age sell M rated games. What would be the point of an M rating if people sell them to younger audiences?

BunnyRabbit
06-29-2003, 03:28 PM
If I got a job at 15 there....I would follow every single rule, but I mean if it were up to me(Which it isnt) I would say kids my age can deal with these "mature" rated games.
Getting a job at 15 I will do anything to assure myself of not getting fired. And any other age now that I think about it.:p

Spike Minoda
06-29-2003, 04:10 PM
How many AO games are there? wasnt conker's bad fur day one of em?

lefiend
06-29-2003, 05:31 PM
nah man, theres no rules like that!!

when i was 16 i worked at a gas station sellin cigarettes when you have to be 19 to buy them, same situation, only wayyy more strictly enforced!

dont worry bout age rules, they are being *******s if they tell you otherwise

BunnyRabbit
06-30-2003, 02:49 AM
The EB I wanted to work at that wont hire neone below 17 is filled witha bunch of like 50 yr old workers. Oh except it has like one 20 yr old girl that is the hottest gamer Ive ever seen:p

When I went to buy OXM and it had the DOAX girls on the cover she gave me a funny look. Pizsed me off though really...I mean Im not sure what it made her think of me but its not like I got a chance so it really doesnt matter.:D

runninutes
06-30-2003, 07:20 AM
When I went to buy OXM and it had the DOAX girls on the cover she gave me a funny look.

What's up with that? It's not like you get to pick what's on the cover of OXM. Maybe she gave you a funny look because of the line of drool from your mouth to the magazine... :D

Seriously - my wife was thinking about applying to work at a local video game place, and I told her she should go for it. There aren't many girls working at video game stores, and she totally knows her stuff - she made me leave my new gaming magazine home this week because she wanted to read it. In the end, she decided she didn't want to because it would mean working weekends, which are the only days I'm home.

As far as M-rated games go, I have no problem with restricting sales to minors. I know that when I was 16, I probably was mature enough to make my own gaming decisions, but I had younger siblings who weren't, and who would have ended up watching me play. I feel like parents should know what's in the games their kids are playing, especially in cases like mine. However, I also feel like just because a game's rated M doesn't mean noone under 17 should be able to play it. I just think that parents should find out what's in the game before they buy it for their kids. I just got Soul Reaver 2 for PS2, and I was surprised to see it's rated M. Looking back on it, I think it's because you run around impaling people, but hey, that's just me. Anyway, if I had a kid who was maybe 15-16, I'd let them have it. It's not like they can't see anything worse at the movies or on TV...

BTW, I had to laugh when I saw this thread's title - it reminded me of Typing of the Dead - "Type or Die!"

BunnyRabbit
06-30-2003, 08:29 AM
LOLz~

Well, what you said made alot of sense and I agree with what youre saying. Oh and Im not sure bout da funny look...I wonder if she gave that to every guy that bought the mag. She does joke with the customers...she mighta been messin wit me.:p