PDA

View Full Version : Azurik

xboxpebbles
12-11-2001, 06:44 PM
im just curious...what did u think of it?
ive never played it and im considering getting it..
even though its not an rpg..it looks very fun
and pretty deep..
post any thought--thanks!

l Maximus l
12-11-2001, 06:51 PM
Azurik is a great game! I own it. I agree, it's not an RPG, but the best way to describe this game is that it is an Action/Adventure game with RPG elements. It's kind of like Zelda but on steroids :D But, it kicks the crap out of Zelda...easily...there's much more fighting in it

Heyyoudvd
12-11-2001, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Azurik is a great game! I own it. I agree, it's not an RPG, but the best way to describe this game is that it is an Action/Adventure game with RPG elements. It's kind of like Zelda but on steroids :D But, it kicks the crap out of Zelda...easily...there's much more fighting in it

Yay, We have a moronic fanboy on our hands... :rolleyes:

It's better than Zelda. That's why it got 5.0 at Gamespot and 6.5 at Ign, as opposed to the Zelda series, in which nearly every Zelda game ever has received over a 9, with some receiving close to 10 (such as Ocarina of Time and A Link To The Past).

If you would actually sit down and play a Zelda game all the way through, without coming in with such a biased negative opinion, you would see why the Zelda games are considered to be some of the best video games ever made.

l Maximus l
12-11-2001, 07:02 PM
Edited...I felt bad about calling Heyyound what he really is :D

l Maximus l
12-11-2001, 07:03 PM
I need to watch myself...I had to blow off a little steam. I just hate dip ****s.

Hugh_Jass
12-11-2001, 09:06 PM
I love Azurik. I loved it more before I got stuck. I think I need a strategy guide. :)

Tazilla
12-11-2001, 10:08 PM
Love IT!~~ way better than any Zelda game,.. kinda like Shadowman or Soul Reaver in control,.. but Better than any of them,.. excellent game

gotta go playing right now

plus I have to run to the store again
almost out of brew

Hugh_Jass
12-12-2001, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by BIG-T
I rented it, and I suggest you definetly rent it before you buy it. Its not even close to as good as Zelda! I really don't like the save feature but the idea of elements and stuff is really cool. YOU GOT TO RENT IT BEFORE YOU BUY THIS GAME. Becuase you might not like it at all.

There is a "cheat" that allows you to save at any point in the game. Of course, the enemies still respawn if you reload from a save.

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

There is a "cheat" that allows you to save at any point in the game. Of course, the enemies still respawn if you reload from a save.

Hugh, really? Man, could you private message me the cheat code? Obviously, this isn't a huge deal other than what happened to me last night...I was far away from a saving point and my wife had to watch me run back to the saving point which took about 10 minutes! lol...It took forever for her! So, this could benefit me :D

Taltoz
12-12-2001, 10:21 AM
Hey max were you running to a save point or a safe point from her?

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 10:29 AM
lol, Taltoz...she wanted to watch Animal Planet or something...It's okay, I was playing for about 3 hours before that point. She fell asleep about an hour of watching Animal Planet and I shoved in NFL Fever 2002 and played Dynasty mode :D

Hugh_Jass
12-12-2001, 12:27 PM
lol, Taltoz...she wanted to watch Animal Planet or something...It's okay, I was playing for about 3 hours before that point. She fell asleep about an hour of watching Animal Planet and I shoved in NFL Fever 2002 and played Dynasty mode :D

I think it's time to buy another TV for the wife. :)

Taltoz
12-12-2001, 12:47 PM

I think it's time to buy another TV for the wife. :)

That would not work. Then she would complain you were not spending the time with her. Max has the right idea by letting her have her way till she fell asleep.

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 12:58 PM
Oh man, Taltoz...you know exactly how it is, man! lol..>I couldn't have said it better myself. I actually do have another TV...it's a 27" Sharpe TV which is pretty basic...only has RCA inputs...it obviously doesn't hold water to my 36" Toshiba S-Video TV with my Advanced A/V Pack.

But, Taltoz is right on the money. Hugh, you have to remember, I'm still only 26 and my wife is not even 25 yet...so, we are still in that "young marriage" era where anything other than "spending time" is not an option! lol...Atleast she is not into soap operas...I think I would go insane :D

Taltoz
12-12-2001, 01:06 PM
...Atleast she is not into soap operas...I think I would go insane :D

Amen to that. I got lucky on that point to. Sounds like we are in the same boat with the animal planet though. I cannot take alot of those emergency vet shows...

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Taltoz

Amen to that. I got lucky on that point to. Sounds like we are in the same boat with the animal planet though. I cannot take alot of those emergency vet shows...

LOL, man I absolutely HATE that show! lol...Better yet, how about back to back episodes of "World's Funniest Animals"? lol...Oh man, are any of those funny? The host on that show makes the original dude (I can't remember his name...it's on the tip of my tongue) on America's Funniest Home Videos look hilarious! And that guy sucked rocks, too!

Oh, and one more...this will make you cringe and almost want to vomit...but, here it goes: "Jeff Kerwin" :eek:

Taltoz
12-12-2001, 01:19 PM
Oh, and one more...this will make you cringe and almost want to vomit...but, here it goes: "Jeff Kerwin" :eek:

What I can't understand is how those idiots make money for doing stupid stuff. "O check out this deathly poisonous snake. I can pick him up he won't bite m..."

hmm we better xbox relate this, I got it... how about "America's funniest animals X: only for the xbox"

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 01:42 PM

What I can't understand is how those idiots make money for doing stupid stuff. "O check out this deathly poisonous snake. I can pick him up he won't bite m..."

hmm we better xbox relate this, I got it... how about "America's funniest animals X: only for the xbox"

hehe...Great idea...good one :D Also, how about "Hunt and Kill the Dinasaur Hunter" :D

Rancey
12-12-2001, 01:52 PM
You can have Hunt And Kill The Dinosaur Hunter, but don't think about the same for Steve Erwin :p

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA
You can have Hunt And Kill The Dinosaur Hunter, but don't think about the same for Steve Erwin :p

LOL, Steve Erwin? Okay, I was way off!

Frostberg
12-12-2001, 08:48 PM
lol im sorry Maximus, but thats hillarious!! Jeff Kerwin...

Hugh_Jass
12-12-2001, 09:27 PM

Max has the right idea by letting her have her way till she fell asleep.

heh...

no, I won't say it.

WebToker
12-13-2001, 01:47 PM
My wife suprised me with this game last night when she got home. I had never heard of it but I put it in the Xbox and my eyes were glued to the screen till I went to bed. I was very impressed with the game and I can't wait to get home and get back into it.

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
lol im sorry Maximus, but thats hillarious!! Jeff Kerwin...

lol...now I feel like a lunatic! lol...I was right the first time...All I know if that Jeff Kerwin is about as entertaining as the LameCube :eek:

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by WebToker
My wife suprised me with this game last night when she got home. I had never heard of it but I put it in the Xbox and my eyes were glued to the screen till I went to bed. I was very impressed with the game and I can't wait to get home and get back into it.

Geez, dude...are you going to leave us hangin' here? What game is it? lol

WebToker
12-13-2001, 03:02 PM

Geez, dude...are you going to leave us hangin' here? What game is it? lol

Azurik, I thought that was the topic...

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by WebToker

Azurik, I thought that was the topic...

LOL, sorry dude...my mistake... I think the conversation when on a tangent...it appears that you replied the correct way - on the topic! Yes, I feel like an idiot...but, anyway......I have this game, too...and I agree, great game!

Did you find this game to be really cool, then after a while, very frusterating...so frusterating that you had to do whatever it took to figure out what you had to do next...and then once you discover what you were trying to figure out, that you were hooked for life? lol...I know that may sound strange, but, from everyone that I have talked to about this game completely agreed. It's really addicting! And the levels are absolutely huge. I also heard that Azurik has 80 hours of quality game play on it...that's a very nice number..more than most RPGs eventhough it's an Action/Adventure :)

Hugh_Jass
12-13-2001, 03:45 PM
I think it's going to take me 80 hours to get out of this @#$% lava level. ;)

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 03:49 PM
I think it's going to take me 80 hours to get out of this @#$% lava level. ;)

WARNING - Potential Spoiler:

Hey, Hugh, did you get passed the part where you have to activate the drills and other machines? I already conquered the part where you unlock the four drills underground and then I went down the other hole the drill opened up underground where it has a river forking in it. There is a ladder that is perpendicular...how do you get that puppy to swing downward?

EthanQT
12-14-2001, 12:25 PM
Help,

I am in the town and my next mission is to get to Earth World, but I was unable to cross the bridge. I kept falling to me death :(

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 12:31 PM
Dude, try a different bridge...and remember, you might have to go back to the water level first because you should have water and fire power...so, you can go through additonal walls of fire or melt ice blocks to open more paths. Remember, this game is HUGE...you have to do some serious exploration :D

By the way, if you ever get lost, go to the top tower in the town. It will tell you exactly where you need to go :) Man, I love this game!

EthanQT
12-14-2001, 12:39 PM
Thanks,

I guess I'll have to go back the get my fire power!

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by EthanQT
Thanks,

I guess I'll have to go back the get my fire power!

LOL...yep! You need that!

EthanQT
12-14-2001, 01:35 PM
Maximus,

I went back to the water world (I have my first power - water power) It told me to go back to town and go to the earth world. I didnt see any fire power in the water world. Did I miss somethi ng?

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 01:43 PM
Maximus,

I went back to the water world (I have my first power - water power) It told me to go back to town and go to the earth world. I didnt see any fire power in the water world. Did I miss somethi ng?

Dude, you need to go to the swam level. When you are coming back to town from the water level and heading over the bridge, go right and you will see the very next bridge...cross that mama jama and kick some arse! Get that fire power... :D

I think the swamp level has an ice level underneathe the ground, if I recall...man, this game is huge...But, that's the main purpose for fire power...to melt Ice blocks...plus it kicks the crap out of enemies much more efficiently :D

EthanQT
12-14-2001, 01:54 PM
I see...I felt so stupid :)

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 02:01 PM
I see...I felt so stupid :)

Dude, don't feel stupid, man! It's a challenging game! There's a lot to figure out...In fact, I'm a little lost, too...but, I think I figured out how to get myself out of the jam...lol

It's one of those games that makes you so frusterated that it keeps you playing until you figure it out..and when you do, it's soooo awesome! Know what I mean?

Anyone that has Azurik will understand...lol...so, don't feel stupid or anything...it's a challenging game...I bet after we all beat it that playing the second time will be cake!

Tazilla
12-14-2001, 02:50 PM
Don't feel stupid at all

I searched for hours for the second fire power,... because I thought I needed it to put out a (fire barrier DUH!) that was in the bowels of the earth realm,... Thinking I needed steam for some stupid reason,... then it hit me like a Brick to the Head,..
I had second water power,.. and it was a flame wall,... DOH!

guess what was behind the flame wall?

Boy did I feel stupid,...

See what beer does to you when you are playing,..

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Tazilla
Don't feel stupid at all

I searched for hours for the second fire power,... because I thought I needed it to put out a (fire barrier DUH!) that was in the bowels of the earth realm,... Thinking I needed steam for some stupid reason,... then it hit me like a Brick to the Head,..
I had second water power,.. and it was a flame wall,... DOH!

guess what was behind the flame wall?

Boy did I feel stupid,...

See what beer does to you when you are playing,..

Dude, Taz...I'm a little confused...it must be the beer effecting me, too...but, what do you mean by "2nd Fire power" and "2nd water power"? Is there more than one each? I have water power and fire power so far....but, is there more water and fire power to get or something? lol...oh, man, this beer is starting to give me a headache...(maybe I need another...YEAH!!!)

leecow
12-14-2001, 03:10 PM
In reading other posts there are at least 3 levels to each of the powers.

EthanQT
12-14-2001, 03:12 PM
Wow, you guys drink beer this early of the day? You might become alcoholics pretty soon. Thats not good at all.

Hugh_Jass
12-14-2001, 03:21 PM

WARNING - Potential Spoiler:

Hey, Hugh, did you get passed the part where you have to activate the drills and other machines? I already conquered the part where you unlock the four drills underground and then I went down the other hole the drill opened up underground where it has a river forking in it. There is a ladder that is perpendicular...how do you get that puppy to swing downward?

I have no idea! I was wondering that myself. I think there are a lot of things that I'm missing because I frequently see things that I can't reach.

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 03:26 PM

I have no idea! I was wondering that myself. I think there are a lot of things that I'm missing because I frequently see things that I can't reach.

Oh, man! I was afraid you were going to say that! lol...I'll figure it out...hopefully tonight...I just thought of something...on the water level, the beginning of it, there is a couple of ice blocks that I just remembered that I didn't un freeze with my fire power...I know I could go back there...I think I noticed something

Daz
12-14-2001, 03:57 PM
Hello, I am a newbie to this forum and I look forward to posting here. I was wondering about Azurik, because it did not score too well online. I think I will rent it to find out for myself but I would still appreciate any input. I have Halo, DOA3, and Fever and I love them all, I just need something else like maybe Azurik or Max Payne ( http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?file=64316 ) demo available and it is awesome. Well let me know what you think, Thanks.

Tazilla
12-14-2001, 04:02 PM

Dude, Taz...I'm a little confused...it must be the beer effecting me, too...but, what do you mean by "2nd Fire power" and "2nd water power"? Is there more than one each? I have water power and fire power so far....but, is there more water and fire power to get or something? lol...oh, man, this beer is starting to give me a headache...(maybe I need another...YEAH!!!)

there are three levels of each power,..
and you will see like ice blocks or fire walls,.. and Earth blocks that have 2 or 3 dots on them meaning you need 2nd or 3rd level of the combined powers to pass these barriers,..

I now have all 2nd level powers,.. and the game just keeps getting better,...

going on a beer run,... anyone need anything?

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 04:07 PM

and you will see like ice blocks or fire walls,.. and Earth blocks that have 2 or 3 dots on them meaning you need 2nd or 3rd level of the combined powers to pass these barriers,..

going on a beer run,... anyone need anything?

D a m n, dude...that makes so much sense! There was a fire wall that I could not dous out with my water power...maybe I need the 2nd water power to get it. Thanks for the info...this makes so much more sense now :) I'm curious, though, Taz...I'm kind of stuck...I can't figure out what I need to do on this one part....Do you remember the second drill in which it opens up underground where there is one river that has a fork in it? There is a ladder in there that is perpendicular but it looks like it will be able to swing straight so I can climb up. I'm kind of lost and don't know what to do...but, then again, I haven't gone back to the town and up the tower yet to see what I have to do next :D

Let me know if you know what I am talking about :D

Tazilla
12-14-2001, 04:21 PM

D a m n, dude...that makes so much sense! There was a fire wall that I could not dous out with my water power...maybe I need the 2nd water power to get it. Thanks for the info...this makes so much more sense now :) I'm curious, though, Taz...I'm kind of stuck...I can't figure out what I need to do on this one part....Do you remember the second drill in which it opens up underground where there is one river that has a fork in it? There is a ladder in there that is perpendicular but it looks like it will be able to swing straight so I can climb up. I'm kind of lost and don't know what to do...but, then again, I haven't gone back to the town and up the tower yet to see what I have to do next :D

Let me know if you know what I am talking about :D

I just past that part last night,...
you have to get the conveyors going before you can get to that ladder,...

I don't want to spoil anything for you,.. but that is the only hint I can give for that question right now,...

go ask the oracle where to go next,.. and let me know what he tells you,.. so I can help you further,..

man,.. let's break out the beer, and have us a little pow wow with hugh and brain storm on this game,... helping each other solve the puzzles will help out a lot,..

Hugh_Jass
12-14-2001, 11:13 PM

Sheesh...I never noticed any dots in the obstacles. It's time to get bifocals, I guess. :eek:

smack119
12-14-2001, 11:39 PM
i really didnt get into this game... i rented it and i just didnt like it....although i rented it with pgr so maybe it wasnt fair

Hugh_Jass
12-15-2001, 07:16 AM
Azurik is incredibly huge and complex compared to most games. It's a game of exploration more than action, though there is quite a bit of action, too. It's a game of puzzle solving rather than immediate gratification. It's an epic quest that would not be suitable for an arcade.

Azurik demands your undivided attention. It's not for everyone but it was love at first sight for me.

dukehenry
12-16-2001, 02:11 PM
If someone can tell me how to get the 2nd earth power - I would be appreciative.

I see the purple electric door, but don't know how to get up there!

I have all level 2, except for the earth power.

Thanks

Tazilla
12-16-2001, 02:33 PM
Have you gotten the Diggers going round yet?

I don't want to spoil anything for ya,..
that's just a little hint there

Oooo,.. I see a half full beer can

dukehenry
12-16-2001, 02:38 PM
The diggers? I don't know...where would I have turned them on?

I have no idea what you are talking about...unless you mean the big scoops? Yes...

Thanks

dukehenry
12-16-2001, 02:48 PM
I have been thinking about what you said, I grabbed all three keys - threw them in the earth tower. Since then, I found and turned on three mirrors in that new area of the earth realm.

Still, I can't see how that would help me find the passage to that earth power.

Hmm..............maybe I will go into each one of those diggers and see.

I think there was one at the beginning of the earth realm that I never jumped into...

dukehenry
12-16-2001, 03:25 PM
Checked three diggers:

One leads to nothing (three lines of boulders being crushed)
The other leads to one of the big crytals (which I nailed perfectly)
The third leads to the big tree. I did the three mirrors, and nothing.

Give me a bigger hint please - I have been stuck on this all morning!

Tazilla
12-16-2001, 03:30 PM
the one that leads to nothing,... heh heh heh,...
explore there,...

it does lead to something,....

dukehenry
12-16-2001, 03:34 PM
**** - figured as much. **** stupid lighting. Have to turn all my lights off to see anything!

Checking now...

tanks

Tazilla
12-16-2001, 03:43 PM
your welcome,..

-Tazilla

dukehenry
12-16-2001, 03:46 PM
O.K., I found that other crystal...fixed that one up.

Now, I have done 4...do I have to do that stuff to get my 2nd earth power?

I don't understand how anyone is supposed to figure that out based on the advice of the elder -

"go to the earth realm to get a higher earth power"

COME ON!

Tazilla
12-16-2001, 03:50 PM
have you gotten the conveyors running yet?,...

and you are not finished in that area my friend,... Look for the silver teleporter,.. and a save point,.. plus there are many other goodies to find in that area,..

-Tazilla

dukehenry
12-16-2001, 03:51 PM
Oh yeah, the conveyors are running, I will keep checking that area I guess. I just don't see how this will get me to the 2nd earth power...yet.

dukehenry
12-16-2001, 03:54 PM
ahhhh.

I see what looks like a teleporter above that high rock face.

I wonder if I can jump over it somehow???

dukehenry
12-16-2001, 03:59 PM
YES!

Jmped from the boulders on the conveyor over to the teleporter!

THE DAY IS MINE

Thanks mate!

Tazilla
12-16-2001, 04:09 PM
I have one question,...

duke,.. do you have the conveyors turned on yet?.

dukehenry
12-16-2001, 04:12 PM
yes, conveyors are on.

I took the teleporter to the open area where all those rock guys are. After getting thre 2nd level earth - I guess I should return to where the level begins are go and go where that level 2 earth rock is right?

Is that what I should do next?

dukehenry
12-16-2001, 04:17 PM
Went to that level two earth rock - get rid of it...another rock. Hmmm....

off to the temple I go!

dukehenry
12-16-2001, 04:18 PM
ACK!!

My bucket is gone! Egads! What has happened?

Tazilla
12-16-2001, 04:18 PM
did you find the seal to the earth guardian?

and the rest of the goodies in the Desert?

Tazilla
12-16-2001, 04:21 PM
You can either wait for the bucket to come down,..
or you can use the teleporter in the big open area with the rock shard monsters, to go back the way you came in,..

Diggers are a two way opening,.. just jump into the dust at the bottom,...

dukehenry
12-16-2001, 04:30 PM
You are right, I thought I took the bucket down. Stupid me.

I found a seal to something, but it said I needed all of the disc fragments.

I only have two...

I think I have to find one in that big tree bottom, and another - I have no idea.

I guess now that I have done all 4 crystals, I should play some song on that big one at the tree....

dukehenry
12-16-2001, 04:51 PM
Sweeeeeet.

I performed the song, and am now rocking in the tree level!

Hope all Level 2 is enough!

leecow
12-17-2001, 11:09 AM
Bleh! Had precious few gaming hours this weekend so no real progress for me. So far I only have level 1 air, fire and water powers. Christmas vacation time is just around the corner :)