PDA

View Full Version : Is Mace Griffin a Great game?

The Riddler
07-01-2003, 08:19 AM
How Great is this game because I am thinking about getting it I love FPS and I would like some opinions on it from people who has it.

Duke
07-01-2003, 10:04 AM
This has been discussed. Probably in the 3d/shooters forum.

I'd give you a link, but I'm laazy.

Welcome to XBA, this is not really supposed to be a game related forum, although it does turn out that way sometimes. Just letting ya know for future reference when looking for something.

BTW, I hated the demo, but a few members have/are enjoying the game.

Brevity
07-01-2003, 10:48 AM
I played the DEMO too and hated it. Controle-enemy AI-graphics. and more.

Kyle Static
07-01-2003, 11:47 AM
I can't quite recall where I saw the other thread on this, but it is being discussed. I think its a great game, not anywhere near halo, and an inexcusable lacking of multiplayer, but its good.

JR Alberda
07-01-2003, 02:26 PM
Rented it, I didnt think it was good. View seemed wrong and space really wasnt that good.

l Maximus l
07-04-2003, 01:29 AM
I think that any game that has "Mars" on it, tends to be a lame game...though, I haven't played it yet.

Spellfire
07-04-2003, 08:13 AM
Go to the 3-d shooters/fp fourm. I have a review there. I think others have reviewed it too. I liked it. The gameplay was fun and the missions challenging. The only thing is it is to short, I would rent it (which I did).

Highlite23
07-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Welcome Riddler, Your thread is now in the right place.:D

I played the demo, and i gotta admit i wasn't bowled over with the "I GOTTA HAVE IT" instinct.

But I usually don't let demos dictate the apeal of a game, sometimes you need to play a game from the begining in the sequence it was intended. Demos, at times start off inthe middle of the "Story" and it doesn't do it justice overall.:wink:

Viper87227
07-04-2003, 04:01 PM
I really liked the demo. I was gunna pick this up yesturday but got MM3 instead. I will get this for sure though.

FuNkY mOnK
07-05-2003, 05:50 AM
I think a lot of ways mace looks like Halo and at times better, the weapons and special effects are top notch and plenty of bump maps for the graphics whore. What do you except from an FPS Shakespeare?

Splinter-Seal
07-05-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
I think a lot of ways mace looks like Halo and at times better, the weapons and special effects are top notch and plenty of bump maps for the graphics whore. What do you except from an FPS Shakespeare?

I agree here. I personally thought it had a very Haloesque feel to it. And as Was stated in the above quote, at times looks better. I personally like the weapons better in, Mace. ( But yes dangitt, Halo still owns it, lol)

I think what's killing the game is there is no M-player.

I personally don't care about this element, but I know most do. I can't understand why they didn't add this element to a game that's this quality.

I give it a 8.5/10 Great graphics, great weapons, cool as hell voice acting, great sounds, reasonable story, gameplay? It's a quality FPS.

This game has earned a spot in my "collection"

Reclaimer
07-06-2003, 01:41 AM
You can refer to the other Mace Griffin thread by Maximus in the 3rd person shooter forum for what I said about this game. It is quite informative.

Here, I'll give you the short version.

I absolutely love this game.
Sure, no multiplayer, but I don't care. Got Halo for that. But it does everything right for me, and that's all I care about.

There you go.