PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Mace Griffin?

StudioAlex
07-01-2003, 10:58 AM
So most reviews of Mace Griffin have stated it as being average. I pretty much wrote it off but it was soon playable in demo form. I thought it was really fun. I especially liked that I could jump out of the pilot seat in the middle of a dog fight and run around my ship like an idiot.

So does anyone know how good the full version of the game is?

It has to be better than Soldier of Fortune II.

Variation-XBA
07-01-2003, 04:59 PM
If you liked the demo, you'll love the full game..

StudioAlex
07-03-2003, 01:14 PM
Thanks

Spellfire
07-03-2003, 10:57 PM
I have been looking forward to bounty hunter since april 2001 when it was in a next gen magazine I got at booksamillion. I have watched each of the set back dates it had and almost cried when it finally came out. I went to the mall the very day it came out. Before buying it I looked at a guide and put the game back on the shelf.

My one suggestion to you is rent it. I rented it and got to mission 10 before I had to turn it back. I would have beaten it if I didn't have to share my time playing it with my brother. In simple, the game is great. Extremely fun shooting, and arial combat. The instant switches from flying in space blasting alien ships to landing in a hanger switching to the ships machine guns and clearing the landing pad of hostiles are smooth.

The story doesn't seem to be very unique, but whats better than quote "all I was after was cold blooded revenge...". Am I right? Kill countless galatic scum in the name of vengance. As missions carry on you are updated with the games main plot, which is finding out who is responsible for imprisioning you. The story is infact more interesting than it sounds and keeps you playing the next mission to find out more. I wish I could have seen the end.

Here's where the rental value over purchase comes in to play. The length. Most missions took me about 2 hours to beat. They are lengthy and in some cases the missions drag on longer than they should. It may seem that with 13 missions at 2 hours each (making it a 20+ hours gameplay)it would be long enough, but it does not take as long as it seems. Like I said before I would have beaten it in about a week if it wasn't for my brother. There is no multiplayer either. I will never understand that. With the great gameplay installed in bounty hunter, a multiplayer mode would have fit in perfectly.

Let me take one quick moment to congradulate the makers on the music. Nothing better to excite your nerves in a dog fight or when clearing a room than some rock/opera blend of adrenline pushing tunes.

Summing it up--Great gameplay with comfortable controller handling, challenging missions (too many time limits for my tastes though), adreneline pumping musical score, and high quality graphics. The only flaws are it is to short, and no multiplayer option.

Ranger, get back to guild station, I've got another job for you...

Well, got to go, hope that helps!

Reclaimer
07-06-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Spellfire
I have been looking forward to bounty hunter since april 2001 when it was in a next gen magazine I got at booksamillion. I have watched each of the set back dates it had and almost cried when it finally came out. I went to the mall the very day it came out. Before buying it I looked at a guide and put the game back on the shelf.

My one suggestion to you is rent it. I rented it and got to mission 10 before I had to turn it back. I would have beaten it if I didn't have to share my time playing it with my brother. In simple, the game is great. Extremely fun shooting, and arial combat. The instant switches from flying in space blasting alien ships to landing in a hanger switching to the ships machine guns and clearing the landing pad of hostiles are smooth.

The story doesn't seem to be very unique, but whats better than quote "all I was after was cold blooded revenge...". Am I right? Kill countless galatic scum in the name of vengance. As missions carry on you are updated with the games main plot, which is finding out who is responsible for imprisioning you. The story is infact more interesting than it sounds and keeps you playing the next mission to find out more. I wish I could have seen the end.

Here's where the rental value over purchase comes in to play. The length. Most missions took me about 2 hours to beat. They are lengthy and in some cases the missions drag on longer than they should. It may seem that with 13 missions at 2 hours each (making it a 20+ hours gameplay)it would be long enough, but it does not take as long as it seems. Like I said before I would have beaten it in about a week if it wasn't for my brother. There is no multiplayer either. I will never understand that. With the great gameplay installed in bounty hunter, a multiplayer mode would have fit in perfectly.

Let me take one quick moment to congradulate the makers on the music. Nothing better to excite your nerves in a dog fight or when clearing a room than some rock/opera blend of adrenline pushing tunes.

Summing it up--Great gameplay with comfortable controller handling, challenging missions (too many time limits for my tastes though), adreneline pumping musical score, and high quality graphics. The only flaws are it is to short, and no multiplayer option.

Ranger, get back to guild station, I've got another job for you...

Well, got to go, hope that helps!

Good job. That was a great synopsis. I couldn't have said it better myself. Actually my favorite line in the build up story was
"Besides, who wants to go to hell alone?"