PDA

View Full Version : Shenmue III: update !!

Shadow20002
07-01-2003, 06:15 PM
SHENMUE III ANNOUNCEMENT IMMINENT?

Sega's Japanese e-mail letter has informed goggle-eyed subscribers that AM2 development studio is set to announce a new game some time in the next month, and conspiracy theorists as well as the wishful thinkers amongst us have pointed out that Sega's official Shenmue website is also set for a relaunch in July.
And that's about it. We rang Sega, which seemed to know less about the story than us (impressive, in a weird kind of way), though a spokesman promised he'd get back in touch if he heard anything. And we believe him.

Whatever, much as the legion of Shenmue lovers out there are praying for a third installment in the series, Yu Suzuki's recent statement on the game - that the story was written, but nothing else was currently in progress - suggests Sega is yet to be convinced as to the merits of producing a new 'Mue.

Last time Sega mentioned a "new" game, in similar circumstances, it turned out to be a PS2 port of Dreamcast racer F355 Ferarri Challenge. Ho hum.

Source: ComputerandVideoGames Dot Com

StudioAlex
07-03-2003, 01:25 PM
As long as Ryo learns that killer "rip dude's throat out" move from Patrick Swayze, it should be killer.

Ninja Scroll
07-03-2003, 03:36 PM
Dont get ahead of yourself Shadow. It's not official yet.
But hopefully dis news from last week you have posted will indicate a new Shenmue chapter in da series.

Shenmue II is one of my all-time favorite games.
I even imported da DC version.

I just hope it will be an Xbox eXclusive.:cheers:

Spellfire
07-03-2003, 11:12 PM
Oh yes, it cannot end at Shenmue 2! I loved the game. Hopefully they will add more jobs that are avaliable and a better line of dialoge for Ryo :)

Viper87227
07-04-2003, 03:55 PM
Shenmue is easily the greatest game series there is. I hope this is really gunna happen!