PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are gonna game online?

anderspawn
06-14-2001, 03:21 AM
Given that the X-box is going to access the internet via a broadband connection and that currently, broadband is not available in all areas of the country how many people here are going to get connected when the time comes? How much are you going to have to pay for the privelidge? Do you think it will be worth the price given all of the above?

KevinM
06-14-2001, 03:44 AM
Well seeing as the final code for network play has even yet to be finished (hello.... get off your ass people and get it done and working?!?!?) We won't be seeing internet play on any titles until 6-7 months after the Xbox is launched. Will I pay to play? Probably not. If Microsoft is smart they will produce a gaming area similiar to that of the MSN Gaming Zone. Why should I buy a $50 title then pay $10 a month for a service to play against other people??!! I would rather play Lan style (Lag Free) than over the net any day.
<P>
According to luckedcompany.com Gamespy is going towards a pay to play service. We shall see how much gamers are willing to pay to find a server when most titles supporting Gamespy already support server searching in the game itself. We will probably see Gamespy at Luckedcompany.com's parent site (switch the L to an F!) Get the picture? If Microsoft goes the pay route don't look for many gamers to subscribe. Hell... the simple fact that none of the launch titles are going to have online/lan support is going to hamper sales of the unit as well. Online play was one of the key selling points of the Xbox. Oh well.. Gimme some Munch and Ill shut up for a while ;)

- Side note on broadband... Please stay far far away from Adelphia's Cable modem service... Almost over a month now with my 1000kb/sec cable modem running at 2400 baud! POS! Adelphia must DIE DIE DIE! *whew* thats overwith.

**GUYS Please excuse the #$*&ING popup ads, they're going away today**

WWF
06-14-2001, 08:58 PM
I will be gaming online if I don't have to pay to play.

dances with broom sticks
06-17-2001, 06:14 PM
i agree~ i already have a dsl connection and as long as i dont have to pay i will be online all the time!

Shades747
06-18-2001, 10:35 AM
I will be there, even if I have to pay. I'll complain, I'll whine and moan, and maybe even threaten, but I'll still be playing online.