PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Club 2: Street Racing

Kyle Static
07-01-2003, 10:36 PM
For all those (like myself) who have been debating on whether to get Midtown Madness 3, or Midnight Club, I will provide an easy solution. After renting Midtown Madness, I can say with ease, that it sucks donkey nuts. It was a dissapointment, the physics suck, and the racing becomes tedious with no time at all. The split screen multiplayer sucks, and the only appealing aspect this game contains is it's system link and live play modes, which I am unable to play at this time.

Earlier today, I made my decision by trading in two games at EB and recieving the game for free, and I must say that I couldn't have been happier with my purchase. This game is fast paced action that doesn't stop. The driving physics rock, and I just got a motercycle, which i cruised around on for about an hour in cruise mode. This non-linear racing game is awesome, and I highly recommend it to any who are interested. The method in which you choose a race is unique and entertaining all in its own. Rather than simply selecting an opponent from a selection menu, you cruise the town, in search of an oponent. Many are marked with nav points on your map, and any can be chosen. Once you aproach said oponent, you flash your high beams, and its on! You chase the car around, and if you successfully follow them, you will reach the racing area. At this time you will engage in several races, the end of which results in recieving the pink slip for your rivals car.

Its an amazing game, and I've played it for about 3 hours non-stop. There are plenty of shortcuts and jumps to be found, and it's replayability seems to be very high.

NINE BREAKER
07-02-2003, 12:58 AM
I agree %100. I too rented MM:3 and was dissapointed, and I used to own MC on the PS2. Good game, though it doesn't start getting hard untill you get to Paris.

prakeem
07-02-2003, 01:45 AM
Those are my thoughts exactly.

Xbox Owner
07-02-2003, 01:47 AM
Have you guys even played the game online?

wweomaniac
07-02-2003, 09:12 AM
I never ever thought that midtown madness looked cool from the beginning. I was always skeptical of the game to begin with.

I did however get Midnight Club 2 weeks ago and it is very amazing. I haven't played it on live too much, but thats just b/c I don't really like live too much. But when I have played it on live, there was no lag at all. Midnight Club II was a no brainer for me over MM3.

Kyle Static
07-02-2003, 12:06 PM
I had really high hopes for Midtown Madness, so I was fairly dissapointed to find that the Single Player sucked big time. I was skeptical of Midnight Club 2 because of its PS2-ish graphics, but it still looks pretty good. The game is a blast, last night I found a glitch where my character fell off the motercycle, so I was just cruising a motercycle.

I would have to say, I fell in love with Midnight Club 2 the second I hit the nitro....ahh, good ol nitro. I hope it doesn't "get hard in paris" because I'm already redoing races allover the map. Then again, this is my second racing game...ever :D.

Xbox Owner
07-02-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Kyle Static
I had really high hopes for Midtown Madness, so I was fairly dissapointed to find that the Single Player sucked big time. I was skeptical of Midnight Club 2 because of its PS2-ish graphics, but it still looks pretty good. The game is a blast, last night I found a glitch where my character fell off the motercycle, so I was just cruising a motercycle.

I would have to say, I fell in love with Midnight Club 2 the second I hit the nitro....ahh, good ol nitro. I hope it doesn't "get hard in paris" because I'm already redoing races allover the map. Then again, this is my second racing game...ever :D.

No one said this game was good on single player, Xbox Live makes the game good.

Kyle Static
07-02-2003, 12:45 PM
I'm aware of this, but I'm not about to cough up the cash for a strictly live game unless the live rivals Wolfenstein. I doubt it does.

Xbox Owner
07-02-2003, 01:31 PM
I'm aware of this, but I'm not about to cough up the cash for a strictly live game unless the live rivals Wolfenstein. I doubt it does.

You should of at least tried it online. The physics are much better, if you bump into someone, they won't do flips. You missed out on a fun as hell game online.

Kyle Static
07-02-2003, 01:53 PM
I'm not at my house, so I don't have access to live, or I would have tried it. As I've said earlier, the only apealing aspect seems to be system link and live play.

Xbox Owner
07-02-2003, 02:21 PM
I'm not at my house, so I don't have access to live, or I would have tried it. As I've said earlier, the only apealing aspect seems to be system link and live play.

Well, if you get another chance, definatly play it online. You already have all the cars unlocked (except 2..which aren't better than the CC) online.

the only reasons to play single player is to unlock paint jobs, and the two extra cars

mattgame
07-02-2003, 02:57 PM
For all those (like myself) who have been debating on whether to get Midtown Madness 3, or Midnight Club, I will provide an easy solution. After renting Midtown Madness, I can say with ease, that it sucks donkey nuts. It was a dissapointment, the physics suck, and the racing becomes tedious with no time at all. The split screen multiplayer sucks, and the only appealing aspect this game contains is it's system link and live play modes, which I am unable to play at this time.

Earlier today, I made my decision by trading in two games at EB and recieving the game for free, and I must say that I couldn't have been happier with my purchase. This game is fast paced action that doesn't stop. The driving physics rock, and I just got a motercycle, which i cruised around on for about an hour in cruise mode. This non-linear racing game is awesome, and I highly recommend it to any who are interested. The method in which you choose a race is unique and entertaining all in its own. Rather than simply selecting an opponent from a selection menu, you cruise the town, in search of an oponent. Many are marked with nav points on your map, and any can be chosen. Once you aproach said oponent, you flash your high beams, and its on! You chase the car around, and if you successfully follow them, you will reach the racing area. At this time you will engage in several races, the end of which results in recieving the pink slip for your rivals car.

Its an amazing game, and I've played it for about 3 hours non-stop. There are plenty of shortcuts and jumps to be found, and it's replayability seems to be very high. :argue1:

Kyle Static
07-02-2003, 04:51 PM
....well...ok then. I fail to see the point of that :huh:.

jwissing
07-13-2003, 10:29 PM
I bought MM3 the day it came out and I was all hyped but after playing MC2 I must say MM3 does suck.

I am on old fan of the PC game Carmageddon where you get extra time points for running people over, it always helped having the "electrob@stard death ray" to electrocute people as you drive by. On the later versions you could open your doors to wipe out more people (the old lady with the walker can move pretty fast when u try to run her over).

MC2 is better than MM3 for running over the peds but you need the splatter and dismemberment effect like Carmageddon, maybe they can add that later.

Ahhh the old days before xbox.

EX2K3 Man