PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 vehicles and weapons

SoccerCJM77
07-02-2003, 09:49 AM
I know most of the Halo 2 vehicles but I wonder how much more there will be. I don't care how many vehicles and weapons there are but I want them to be nice and slick with a great flexbility in the game. I know there is going to be 4 versions of the warthog, the ghost updated with some light stuff on the side, the tank, the AtV thing. That's all I know. Is there going to besomething more like a warthog boat. OH YA. I only know one new weapon and it is the battle riflfle with the assault Rifle with the scope. That is sweet. And on the E3 Halo 2 trailer I saw a new vehicle that the Warthog was shooting at. It wasn't the ghost it was big and bulky. And the enemy car thing looked sweet. I hope you can play that in Halo 2. Also I hope they make like a tank were like 4 people go inside of it, like in World War 1 and 2 type tanks, and you can go inside it and shoot the huge rockets or have like a little opening for guns to snipe from, and shoot guns. and they could have a thing with the mirrors I forgot what it's called but you can use it to see above you. well this vehicle would be sweet. And hopefully there will be a nice big Blood Gulch coming out for Halo 2. If anyone knows about the new vehicles and weapons besides the ones I said please tell me and the rest out there that are huge Halo 2 fans/:cheers:

E Nomini Patri
07-02-2003, 12:24 PM
That new Covenant vehicle was a troop transport called a "Creep." It has a nice big plasma armament on the top, and seating for probably 10 soldiers. I would bet money that you can drive it, cause you will be able to use that huge turret from the E3 Demo that got bombed by those Longswords.

armyof_one/ltd
07-03-2003, 10:06 PM
I heard that you could also choose many other characters in the multiplayer section, just like Brute Force, and that there would be banshees for multiplayer not like in Halo1, but I still love Halo1.
I don´t know but I think there was going to be a motorcycle(Saw a picture of it).
You know what would be really cool?
That you could drive the abandoned cars on the level shown in Gamespot´s trailer.

Papke
07-13-2003, 10:42 AM
Don't forget the new submachine guns!:cuss:

The video shows MC wielding 2 of these babies!

SoccerCJM77
07-14-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Papke
Don't forget the new submachine guns!:cuss:

The video shows MC wielding 2 of these babies!

Are you talking about the gun turrnet master chief was using

and army of one you can take abanoded vehicles and stuff. that is really obvious

Papke
07-14-2003, 01:48 PM
No, not the gun turret. After he gets out of that turret, though, he takes out 2 guns. These are the SMGs.

SoccerCJM77
07-14-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Papke
No, not the gun turret. After he gets out of that turret, though, he takes out 2 guns. These are the SMGs.

sorry about that dude. I know what you mean now. I remember that part it was really sweet

armyof_one/ltd
07-17-2003, 11:44 AM
I think you didnt get me, I meant the civilian cars, not warthogs or ghosts.

SoccerCJM77
07-17-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by armyof_one/ltd
I think you didnt get me, I meant the civilian cars, not warthogs or ghosts.

yea that would be tight. Driving a semi-truck or something. Grand theft auto style:cheers:

ScorpionX
07-17-2003, 02:08 PM
I just hope Bungie doesn't go overboard with the vehicles, I don't want Halo 2 to become a Noobfest on XBL. :mad: 2 or 3 new ones would be fine for me, I am looking forward to the weapons, because vehicles are for noobs.

SoccerCJM77
07-25-2003, 04:29 PM
Who cares how many vehicles there are. What are you going to walk the whole way. and plus if you don't like the vehicles don't use them.:argue1:

l Maximus l
07-27-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan
That new Covenant vehicle was a troop transport called a "Creep." It has a nice big plasma armament on the top, and seating for probably 10 soldiers. I would bet money that you can drive it, cause you will be able to use that huge turret from the E3 Demo that got bombed by those Longswords.

I thought that the new Covenant vehicle was called the "Phantom"...atleast that's what they called it during some of the dialogue in the Halo 2 video.

E Nomini Patri
07-28-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

I thought that the new Covenant vehicle was called the "Phantom"...atleast that's what they called it during some of the dialogue in the Halo 2 video.

:)

I is talking about the Shadow looking things, cept there aren't any Shadows in the demo. Not the flying Phantoms either.

Hey Max, when you get Halo 2, will you play the Campaign first? Or play online first? I say the Campaign sounds more juicy.

mitch2025
07-29-2003, 07:57 PM
i hope their are plenty of new weapons and vehicles. the ATV is going to be AWSOME

SoccerCJM77
07-30-2003, 09:09 AM
yea it dosen't matter how much velicles there are. Even though I don't have xbox live they should have a thing for downloadable content that you can download your own design warthog or vehicle or make anything else you want or download a cool design that someone made online and bungie likes it and they put it in downloadble content:p

ghost 009
08-05-2003, 11:02 PM
Did anyone notice on the demo that the chain gun on the warthog shoots diffrent or maybe it was a diffrent gun on it. In the first halo it shot rapidly but in this one it like it was a single shot but it was more powerful. Maybe it was a diffrent gun on it cause it had a diffent aimer.

Hugopolo
08-06-2003, 04:01 PM
Yeah that would be called a rocket launcher

DisturbedMonkey
08-07-2003, 01:19 AM
Yeah i got all the crap for weapons and vehicles, first is the ATV, an extremely fast vehicle like warthog. It has no weapons, though u can do drive by shootings.

Second, is the battle rifle, a combination of pistol and sniper. Shoots really fast, not automatic though, and has scopes of sniper rifle, awesome!

Third, the ghost has sleeker plasma beams making it awesome, has glowing light on the side panels, blows dust particles from the underneath, and makes a creepy sound.

Fourth, the banshee, can play on multiplayer!Sounds different but every thing else is the same...

Fifth, the covenant dropships look like the pelican, not with side openenings.And, yaaayy can be destroyed.

Sixth, is the warthogs, they have four different kinds now, snow, regular, desert, and different others.

Seventh, is the new SMG, like the assualt rifle, but he|| of a a lot better.

Thats all the news i got...oh wait!!!

The soldiers on your team can now drive the warthogs and tanks and other crap while you have a stolen banshee..SUH-WEETNESS

THATS IT! all the info..:cheers:

TuffEagle88
08-07-2003, 10:24 AM
How many trailers are out now I've only seen the first one where MC jumps throught the air lock and heads toward earth.

If anyone could tell me where I could see the others I would appreciate it. :hail:

Hugopolo
08-07-2003, 10:51 AM
That one was from E3 2002 there was an 8min demo at E3 2003 featuring real in game footage you can get it at bungies website

DisturbedMonkey
08-07-2003, 11:21 AM
oh yeah i forgot to mention about double weapons, you can have double weapons in Halo 2, if u do have double weapons, u use the L trigger to shoot it. If u don't have double weapons, the L trigger is used for grenades...

Another thing is that u can have uzis!!!!!!!

Hugopolo
08-07-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by DisturbedMonkey
oh yeah i forgot to mention about double weapons, you can have double weapons in Halo 2, if u do have double weapons, u use the L trigger to shoot it. If u don't have double weapons, the L trigger is used for grenades...

Another thing is that u can have uzis!!!!!!!
I dont really like that when i read about that i thought it would be stupid that sounds more like Red faction than Halo

TuffEagle88
08-07-2003, 12:36 PM
maybe it is slightly out of character but he is a super soldier and dual submachineguns are always cool.

ghost 009
08-07-2003, 12:38 PM
I looked on the bungie pics for halo pc and it showed the pic for the rocket launcher on the warthog and the thing on the halo 2 demo wasnt it. The rocket launcher on the pc looks like a rocket launcher with like 3 or 4 barrels. So i dont know what that other thing was.

TuffEagle88
08-07-2003, 09:17 PM
Yea, the gun mounted on the warthog in the demo didn't seem to be a rocket launcher- it didn't look like the rounds exploded like rockets do.

Rabidgnome
08-08-2003, 07:31 PM
i heard the phantom has sideseats. any confirmations out there?

Hugopolo
08-08-2003, 08:36 PM
I dont know about that but oxm said that this time you can shoot down the covenent troop carriers