PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive footage of X!!!

Shadow20002
07-02-2003, 01:28 PM
EXCLUSIVE: XIII STORMS INTO ACTION!

You've seen the trailers; now see exclusive hands-on impressions of Ubi Soft's remarkable cel-shaded shooter

18:50 Swimming up from the depths of unconsciousness and surfacing in the land of the living, you come around in a beach hut-style structure, blurred vision slowly focussing on a swimming costume-clad woman who could have been lifted straight out of Baywatch.
She's relaying a mysterious message over the phone, revealing that "you've been found" and that you're "in possession of a key to a bank safe". Cue disturbance outside, which the woman goes to investigate.

Suddenly guns open up, bullets rip through the hut's flimsy wooden walls with the words "Rat-a-ta-ta-tat!" on display and the woman gets blasted into the beyond. "Arggggh!", she cries in both audible and visual manner, crumpling onto the floor in a pool of blood. Uh-oh.

The rest here:SOURCE (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=93270)

Kraft
07-02-2003, 02:10 PM
This game is just looking cooler and cooler everytime I see something new. This will be a definate buy whenever it hits store shelves.

thrAsher
07-02-2003, 03:25 PM
You have got to love Ubi Soft. I love the fact they are going full-on comic book style. Those screens w/ the frame by frame were great. And the fact that you can 'sense' someone walking on the other side of a wall, depicted by their footsteps appearing as comic book text, just blew me away. It's great to see what some of these developers are doing with the Xbox's hardware. :cool:

LynxFX
07-02-2003, 03:42 PM
I'm still very eh on this game. Didn't like it at E3, and still don't like it. It's cool that other people are diggin it but I'll most definately pass. Hate cell shading when used in this manner.

Viper87227
07-02-2003, 05:41 PM
I think this game looks great. Already have it preordered....cant wait

AlBoogy
07-02-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
I'm still very eh on this game. Didn't like it at E3, and still don't like it. It's cool that other people are diggin it but I'll most definately pass. Hate cell shading when used in this manner.

I thought the same thing about the Wind Waker. But now I think if they made it any other way it wouldnt have been the same.

hebgbz
07-02-2003, 06:43 PM
Could download it without signing for $15 for their service.

Corona
07-02-2003, 09:06 PM
Doesn't this game slightly remind you of what you missed out on when wishing that MGS2 was a FPS or had some multi player of somekind!?!?