PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone find it funny?

Big Boss
07-02-2003, 02:09 PM
Halo 2 is now slated as released on 4/1/04.....huh, hopefully thats not an april fools joke. "April fools!, this game doesn't exist!":huh:

Kraft
07-02-2003, 02:12 PM
Hmm... as the game is already in playable stages it is kinda odd that they pushed it back by 3 months. Where did you find this release date?

treyz3
07-02-2003, 03:10 PM
I'd be willing to bet that it's one from gamestop or ebgames. Seems like I saw that date at one of those two sites.

PapaSKooT
07-02-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
Hmm... as the game is already in playable stages it is kinda odd that they pushed it back by 3 months. Where did you find this release date?

ive seen it in multiple places, kraft

CrazyCougar
07-03-2003, 08:13 AM
Thats not a developer release date. Thats a retailer release date. The developer stated late 1st quarter of 2004. Well April 1 is the latest you can get as that is the start of the second quarter of 2004...LOL..So retailers are just covering their arses and being sure they have something right (as general as it is).

bretman1234
07-03-2003, 10:43 AM
Ya in the OXM for I think April or May, It says that its slated for april 1st 2004. Then in the article, it stated that this was the release date that bungie told OXM. So ehh, lets just wait until 1st quarter 2004 and see.

StudioAlex
07-03-2003, 01:21 PM
Maybe we should save our selves the worry and anguish and assume it's not coming until christmas 2004.

Shadow20002
07-03-2003, 01:35 PM
Hmm...for more exact in mind, around spring of 2004 should be good. ;)

DocHoliday78
07-05-2003, 02:35 AM
I just want the damn thing to come out, but i hope they are joking about it being delayed more.

l Maximus l
07-05-2003, 03:24 AM
Halo 2 is going to completely redefine XBox Live. I kid you not, Halo 2, Counter Strike, Doom 3, and Half Life 3 will likely be the only games anyone will care to play on XBL. I'm will to bet my last beer on that! :yikes:

Flood
07-05-2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Halo 2 is going to completely redefine XBox Live. I kid you not, Halo 2, Counter Strike, Doom 3, and Half Life 3 will likely be the only games anyone will care to play on XBL. I'm will to bet my last beer on that! :yikes:

half life 3? thinking a little ahead aren't we ;)

Reclaimer
07-06-2003, 02:35 AM
For some reason, I have this feeling that Halo2 is going to come out at the end of this year. Holiday season.

Talk about massive hype buildup. All the word of all the delays and the indefinite "It ain't happening till it's ready" talk, has got me thinking the otherway. Call it wishful thinking. But, think of it this way. Talk about the surprise of the year, if Halo2 shipped for the holidays. What would you do if you heard that? You thought the hype was through the roof already, well think if it came out actually early. Total freaking chaos. I think Bungie would do it. I think MS has planned this along. Halo2 would push the xbox into stratospheric proportions during the holiday surge.
You have to admit. Halo launched the console, this would be the surge it requires to continue to storm the market.
Besides, there's already playable demos, and we've seen that they are playing the game. They have to be pretty far along. I can be forcertain that Halo2 was already in the works well before Halo even hit the stores. It would be like:
Well Halo was rushed to meet a deadline with a console nobody knows anything about. Now we have time to make the game the way we want it. But I believe that they where working on it for quite sometime as we where still basking in Halo. It's not like the game was finished one day and it shipped the next. It was finished and waiting to be shipped for awhile.

I can't be the only one that thinks this.

bretman1234
07-06-2003, 02:44 PM
Thats very true reclaimer. I mean the games are usually finished and then they ship a while after. My guess would be that halo 2 would be finished sometime around november, and if we are being fooled, it could be shipped sometime around christmas, which would totally rock. How awesome would it be to be playing true crime: streets of L.A., and then pull and that out and put halo 2 in. And all of this happening on christmas morning!:yikes:

DocHoliday78
07-06-2003, 06:19 PM
If halo 2 does come out during Christmas there will be total anarchy in every singel mall. It would give live and microsoft such a boost but then again whenever Halo 2 decides to come out its going to cause all of the above period.

Reclaimer
07-06-2003, 09:27 PM
I'm telling you, they are playing the hype out for all that is worth. They are scrutinizing on every drop of hype they can get. Every magazine that talks about video games in some way or the other makes Halo2 one of their most anticipated games. This infinte delay is a marketing strategy. This whole process is like feeding the hungry dogs crumbs for months and then throwing them the steak dinner.
They have playable code? The game is well into progress. It's like everytime you stop hearing something new about Halo2, they toss out something new to keep us drooling. What better way to make ka-billions of dollars then keep this up, then release the game for the holidays.

You'll see.

Professor Kaos
07-07-2003, 01:10 AM
Kinda off topic, but I went into EB last week and the manager dude was there and a few customers lookin at xbox games. Well, I walk in and he's like hey, you know Halo 2 came out today and all these kids are like OMG we gotta get it where are they on the shelves and chit, it was awsome. :D

But I think reclaimer is onto somtin, what a better way to sell more xbox's and live kits then releasing Halo 2 in early to mid november.:watchout:

Spic_Tacular26
07-07-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Playya
releasing Halo 2 in early to mid november.:watchout:

I get goosebumps just thinking about it :D :D

Particleman
07-09-2003, 12:29 PM
i feel that they would do that but thats just me

BunnyRabbit
07-09-2003, 12:45 PM
I heard differntly....I hear Halo2 is scheduled for 4/4/04 not aprils fools days...Maybe Im wrong...

cheetahmanhood
07-09-2003, 05:26 PM
That can't be an exact date, because the game could be finished early, or pushed back.