PDA

View Full Version : Forget KOTOR, NCAA Football 2004 is almost here!

AlBoogy
07-02-2003, 06:57 PM
EA sports worth only one thing and that is its NCAA football series. And its almost here baby! I cant wait to avenge the bad call in the Fiesta Bowl and take out the Buckeyes! What teams are you guys going to load up and go through the tedious process of putting names in your fave team names? LETS GO CANES!

AlBoogy
07-02-2003, 07:11 PM
Here come the Hurricanes!
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/filmschooled10.jpg

F the Gators
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/ncaa9.jpg

Sean Taylor is gonna bring the pain
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/e3/0512/ps2_xbox_ncaafoot4_0500_screen003.jpg

Xbox Owner
07-02-2003, 07:22 PM
Too bad it's not online. *******s.:cuss:

Dre
07-02-2003, 09:07 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmm......

RPG, or college football game.

I think I will remember KOTOR and forget you even started this thread :D

Seriously, KOTOR is going to be an amazing game that RPG as well as Star Wars fans should definitely check out. I'm a regular on the KOTOR forums and it should be announced to be going gold in the upcoming couple of weeks. Can't wait!!

I must say that those screens look really good though. Too bad EA sucks monkey balls

studepaber
07-02-2003, 09:44 PM
Why choose when you can just get them both? :) This game looks solid and I will definitely buy it along with KOTOR in a few weeks (especially since the national champs :hail: OSU :hail: will dominate the game). Sorry AlBoogy had to throw that in there, there's always next year :D

Shadow20002
07-02-2003, 10:09 PM
Hmmm..so hard to decide....argh...KOTOR for sure !!! ;) No matter what happen this month, KOTOR is my pick.

VenoM
07-02-2003, 10:20 PM
ncaa sports suck :eek: no way im forgetting kotor

MerimacHamwich
07-03-2003, 12:31 AM
Yay, another rehash of an age old sports franchise with updated rosters! I can't wait! No, wait a second, yes I can. Infact, I won't even borrow it from a friend.

Knights of the Old Republic is way more worth everyones time.

CrazyCougar
07-03-2003, 08:11 AM
KOTOR will be a rental for me. BUT NCAA 2004 is a definite must buy release day. This is the best colege football game ever made and proves it every year. EA does a bang up job on every aspect of this game. Kudos to them for at least geting something right each year.

Dre
07-03-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
EA does a bang up job on every aspect of this game.

Really? I didn't know it had Live support... you know, that whole multiplayer aspect of the game is pretty important..:watchout:

AlBoogy
07-03-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by studepaber
Why choose when you can just get them both? :) This game looks solid and I will definitely buy it along with KOTOR in a few weeks (especially since the national champs :hail: OSU :hail: will dominate the game). Sorry AlBoogy had to throw that in there, there's always next year :D

BAH! That horrible call still haunts me in my sleep.

Anthony4sho
07-03-2003, 06:58 PM
UM all da way boy! Our dam 3rd string players can ball with the best of em. Wait a minute.....we are da best. OoO let me remind you peeps somethin else too....I believe and correct me if i'm wrong.....that the national title game is in the orange bowl this year.....and without a doubt if ohio state makes it back..IF and only IF.....UM will slaughter their ass. I kno UM will go back, gonna be hard for them 2 go undefeated, but I kno we are going to have the best D ever, and Frank Gore is better than mcgahee. Faster receivers than last year. UM #1. I'm definitly gettin both tho.

AlBoogy
07-03-2003, 10:21 PM
Anthony, this year its in the Sugar Bowl. Thats good though for the great speed Miami has. Next year will be the year for the Orange Bowl.

Anthony4sho
07-03-2003, 10:35 PM
Damn, I coulda swore tho it was in the orange. Oh well. Hey boogy, u kno there is a very good chance ohio and miami play each other again. Ohio state bought I think 11 of 12 games or somethin like that so then that way they can play those games at home. ****in cheaters. The only team that wouldn't be bought was michigan state. I hope michigan state runs all over them fools.

TheHaloMafia
07-04-2003, 12:12 AM
I would get NCAA Football 2004, just so the Wolverines can trounce the Buckeyes. But serious;ly, NCAA Football 2003 is the best game i own, still play it, its awsome
hope they keep the recruitment the same, its the best! whoever started this thread, look at this one from sports. you send in your memory card and for like $3 he downloads complete roster onto you memory card. voila, all the names

studepaber
07-04-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Anthony4sho
Damn, I coulda swore tho it was in the orange. Oh well. Hey boogy, u kno there is a very good chance ohio and miami play each other again. Ohio state bought I think 11 of 12 games or somethin like that so then that way they can play those games at home. ****in cheaters. The only team that wouldn't be bought was michigan state. I hope michigan state runs all over them fools.

Poor bitter Cane fan, why the OSU hatin'? :p Just to let you know the Bucks only play 8 home games this year, so no they are not cheating. MSU will be a home game and why should OSU worry about them, they were only 4-8 last year and got slaughtered most of the time :huh: Perhaps you are referring to Univ of Michigan in which it is OSU's turn to play in Ann Arbor? BTW TheHaloMafia I know your Wolves will be itchin to beat the Bucs after last year's nail-biter of a game :)

TheHaloMafia
07-04-2003, 10:31 AM
yes that was a very good game and congratulations to your Buckeyes for their very imprssive win last year versus the Canes. Only thing I like Miami for is to play as McGahee, he so goo. Big and fast. Cant wait for Madden, hopefully he will be on one of the teams, but maybe he'll be on the IR list, who knows, (I dont).

Anthony4sho
07-04-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by studepaber

Poor bitter Cane fan, why the OSU hatin'? :p Just to let you know the Bucks only play 8 home games this year, so no they are not cheating. MSU will be a home game and why should OSU worry about them, they were only 4-8 last year and got slaughtered most of the time :huh: Perhaps you are referring to Univ of Michigan in which it is OSU's turn to play in Ann Arbor? BTW TheHaloMafia I know your Wolves will be itchin to beat the Bucs after last year's nail-biter of a game :)

Yea thats who I ment.....don't matter. Half those peeps on your schedule are little girl schools anyways. Gonna be a kickass game.

AlBoogy
07-04-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Anthony4sho

Yea thats who I ment.....don't matter. Half those peeps on your schedule are little girl schools anyways. Gonna be a kickass game.

Id have to disagree man. OSU's conference is pretty good. Just lately it seems like some of those schools are down. But anyway, today is the 4th so that means 13 more days! Lets Go Canes!

wweomaniac
07-04-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
LETS GO CANES! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! GO CANES GO!!!

But I'm not getting any college football game. I can tell you that the main thing discouraging me from getting this game is that it has no online play. I don't play Live that much... but I make an exception with football games. They're hella fun online. Also... I don't like how the players don't have names. That sorta ****es me off knowing that I'm using Dorsey and it says "QB #1" or if I'm using McGahee and it says "RB #1"

I'm not getting KOTOR either cause I don't like star wars....

AlBoogy
07-04-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! GO CANES GO!!!

. That sorta ****es me off knowing that I'm using Dorsey and it says "QB #1" or if I'm using McGahee and it says "RB #1"

I'm not getting KOTOR either cause I don't like star wars....

It HAS to be that way. Remember, college athletes cant get paid for anything. So even though you and I both know its Dorsey, they cant say it. Otherwise, they would have to pay the players. Enter the names manually. Dont be lazy. JK

TheHaloMafia
07-05-2003, 01:31 AM
Whoever said that Ohio State plays GIRL schools, should take a look at the Big Ten. We got Michigan, Iowa, Illinois, Penn State, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and on GOOD days Michigan State. Those dont look like GIRL schools to me. If they do to anyone else, they have issues with distinguishing between the two Genders.

No Fear 23
07-05-2003, 10:49 AM
so, alboogy, u dissing my gators???

ya bastage, wait till the new year of football starts :)

neway, i like the canes too, they are my 2nd fav, while osu being my 3rd fav. it was weird for the bowl championship bc i was cheering on both teams. miami vs buckeyes. lol

TheHaloMafia
07-05-2003, 12:10 PM
There is a guy who is putting all the rosters, and if you send him your memory card, he will download it to your card, then send yoru card back. Then you just upload it and voila, all 117 D-1 teams are on your x box! YAY! No more putting in the names for an entire team (which took about an hour)!

Anthony4sho
07-05-2003, 05:29 PM
Naw meng. They don't play EVERYBODY in the big ten. I kno its a good conference, but OSU has alot of pushovers on their schedule thats outside the conference.

Knight
07-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
KOTOR will be a rental for me. BUT NCAA 2004 is a definite must buy release day. This is the best colege football game ever made and proves it every year. EA does a bang up job on every aspect of this game. Kudos to them for at least geting something right each year.

What are you smoking? Forget about NCAA(it's only a football game) and get KOTOR.

TheHaloMafia
07-06-2003, 12:00 AM
Granted OSU wont play everybody from the Big Ten, but they play 60% of them. ANd for all you who dont know, there are actually ELEVEN teams in the Big Ten, NOT ten. All I'm saying is that OSU has a tough conference, and some of the Big Ten school are pushovers, but most aren't.

CrazyCougar
07-06-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Knight

What are you smoking? Forget about NCAA(it's only a football game) and get KOTOR.

Bah, Kotor doesnt interest me near as much as NCAA does. NCAA is an already proven solid game while KOTOR still needs to be played to make that decision. I'll still rent KOTOR though to check it out and see if I like it. But I already have my 50 bux set aside for NCAA.

TheHaloMafia
07-06-2003, 03:48 PM
Amen to that. NCAA 2003 is the best game i own, and hopefully soon the second best. Star Wars games continue to disappoint (even though Republic Commando looks pretty awsome), and who carse thta the game is not on-line? It would just turn into a lot of people cheating to get their ranks high, all i care about is playing with Michigan and kicking some tail.

AlBoogy
07-07-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by TheHaloMafia
Whoever said that Ohio State plays GIRL schools, should take a look at the Big Ten. We got Michigan, Iowa, Illinois, Penn State, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and on GOOD days Michigan State. Those dont look like GIRL schools to me. If they do to anyone else, they have issues with distinguishing between the two Genders.

Michigan is the only school out of all those that are REAL good. All the other ones are wanna be schools that cant quite get over the hump from good to excellent. Penn State and Wisconsin are perfect examples of this although Penn State should be able to come back easily. But overall its a great conference because it doesnt have those HORRIBLE schools like temple and duke in it.

BTW, no fear, screw the GATORS! Canes fans hate the gators more than the seminoles. Going to the Sugar Bowl and having things tossed at me just because I was going for the canes prooves what kind of fans they are. Its ok, I get my revenge this year second game of the season. Gator fans beware!

studepaber
07-07-2003, 06:42 PM

Michigan is the only school out of all those that are REAL good. All the other ones are wanna be schools that cant quite get over the hump from good to excellent. Penn State and Wisconsin are perfect examples of this although Penn State should be able to come back easily. But overall its a great conference because it doesnt have those HORRIBLE schools like temple and duke in it.

You are forgetting Iowa from the schools you mentioned. After going 11-2 last year (only to get beat by USC in the bowl game) they should be an EXCELLENT team this year (especially with their great D and senior Brad Banks coming back).

TheHaloMafia
07-07-2003, 09:03 PM
studepaber,
you forget that Iowa had an excellent Offensive line. But… it was made up of four seniors, so next year they will have a young line with little experience. If they can get the O-line in shape, they should do good.

Toder
07-08-2003, 12:58 AM
OU OU OU OU

BOOMER SOONERS, BOOMER SOONERS, BOOMER SOONERS,

Ohh boy another college football season almost here and another NCAA college football game. Its going to be a championship for the sooners this year. with all of their positions stacked deep and the new addtion to the stadium Oklahoma is going to the championship this year no doubt. Texas A&M will finally get a taste of what its like playing against them at college station this year at Memorial Stadium with addition fo the seating.

Okay no lets talk about games NCAA has always been a good game to play and have, and KOTOR will probally be a good RPG (hopefully) and provide interesting challenges for the gamer. As far as buying a game this month i would definately get NCAA. First of all you already know the game is gonna rock. second i don't know how many hours me and my friends have spent playing this game. finally if your a hard core football games the dynasty modes have always been fantastic. Now lets look at KOTOR. For the hardcore RPG gamer could probally spend at least two rentals and beat the game. We all know when we get hooked on a RPG we don't stop until where done. And if you do buy the game how long do you think it will keep your interest before you go out and buy another to take its spot.

I think the choice is obvious folks. Buy NCAA if you enjoying having friends over and maybe drink a few beers and enjoyi some friendly competition. Or get KOTOR if your a hardcore starwars fan and have the time to put forth hours and hours of your time spent probally in isolation because no one wants to watch someone play a game they can't. and when you beat the game what is there to brag about absolutley nothing.

Just my thoughts

AlBoogy
07-08-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Toder
I think the choice is obvious folks. Buy NCAA if you enjoying having friends over and maybe drink a few beers and enjoyi some friendly competition. Or get KOTOR if your a hardcore starwars fan and have the time to put forth hours and hours of your time spent probally in isolation because no one wants to watch someone play a game they can't. and when you beat the game what is there to brag about absolutley nothing.

Just my thoughts

Although I will be picking up NCAA before KOTOR, I dont think it will be a game only for star wars fans. It will be liked by rpg fans for sure.

BTW, Ill take a OU, UM matchup. Thats what it should have been in the Orange bowl a few years back when the canes were robbed of a chance.

Toder
07-09-2003, 12:04 AM

Although I will be picking up NCAA before KOTOR, I dont think it will be a game only for star wars fans. It will be liked by rpg fans for sure.

BTW, Ill take a OU, UM matchup. Thats what it should have been in the Orange bowl a few years back when the canes were robbed of a chance.

I'm not saying KOTOR will be a game that only starwars fans will buy. I'm just saying try before you buy.

And i would like to see that game too. it would be nice to see a game where UM is actually playing against a defense that can stop them :)

Casper
07-09-2003, 01:11 AM
Dam those screens are sexy ------but I might have to take a peak at Sega's....are they having one that's online like NCAA Basketball? If so, I'm getting that one, if not, I dunno, do I really have to support EA? I mean, I love my Canes and all, but dam, that's asking ALOT

Oh, and F Kotor - I can't stand RPG's, never have, never will....you kids go and have your fun with that game, and I'll enjoy my tan when I'm not playing those dam games 24/7 trying to get Level 4 Ewok or whatever :D

No Fear 23
07-09-2003, 10:38 AM
yesterday, i just found out that this football game will support live. i did not know this. but its all good. boogy, i'll skool ur canes with my gators online:cuss:

Casper
07-09-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by No Fear 23
yesterday, i just found out that this football game will support live. i did not know this. but its all good. boogy, i'll skool ur canes with my gators online:cuss:

Trust me, this isn't on XBL - it's EA - that announcement would have had everyone going nuts...but unfortunately, no Live and no Sega title this year as far as I can find.

TheHaloMafia
07-09-2003, 12:43 PM
NCAA Football 2004 is On-line. I'm not joking at all, Its on-line. GO check out EA's webpage. it says right there taht it is on-line. Oh yeah, did i forget to mention thats its only on-line for Play Station 2 owners? My bad, no reall, my mistake. How could I forget that little tidbit. This game is still going to own, its the best game ever, for football that is.

wweomaniac
07-09-2003, 02:07 PM

It HAS to be that way. Remember, college athletes cant get paid for anything. So even though you and I both know its Dorsey, they cant say it. Otherwise, they would have to pay the players. Enter the names manually. Dont be lazy. JK k guys... with ESPN NFL Football 2003 having first person mode... do we really want this primitive EA title, that BTW isn't even online? :eek:

TheHaloMafia
07-09-2003, 02:47 PM
We enjoy this "primitive" title because we love college football. Playing Madden is fun, but with college football, theres so much more enjoyment. Yo udont pay players an exorbrent amount of money to play, so its more pure. Very much fun.

AlBoogy
07-10-2003, 11:00 AM
7 DAYS LEFT! Here come the Hurricanes!

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/ncaa_0613_01.jpg

AlBoogy
07-10-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
k guys... with ESPN NFL Football 2003 having first person mode... do we really want this primitive EA title, that BTW isn't even online? :eek:

First off, I think Sega sports is better then EA in every sport except college football. Which, btw, sega isnt even going to try this year. And as good as FPF sounds, it is still yet to be seen wether it will be any good. I dont even want to say its revolutionary because it has been done before. But if they do it right then they will be the first to be successful at it. Sucks that it isnt online but are there any other college football games on the market for xbox?

AlBoogy
07-14-2003, 04:35 PM
Everyone call your local game store. Mine says they will have theirs in tomorrow! In other forums I see some people say they are getting theirs today. Post impressions here if you get it today.

TheHaloMafia
07-15-2003, 02:26 PM
I would definetly get NCAA Football 2004. The look and feel seems more like a Madden game, but it is definitly and improvemnt. Teh player models look much better, The Big House looks huge. The depth is awsome. I would buy this game, hands down.

AlBoogy
07-15-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by TheHaloMafia
I would definetly get NCAA Football 2004. The look and feel seems more like a Madden game, but it is definitly and improvemnt. Teh player models look much better, The Big House looks huge. The depth is awsome. I would buy this game, hands down.

So far so good. Ive been watching a friend play so I cant really say anything for sure. But SI cover looks tight. More later....

Yankeez
07-16-2003, 04:51 AM
its funny while you guys are waiting for games like KOTOR and ncaa ive been playin theme since last friday lol

Waterspout
07-16-2003, 10:24 AM
I got my copy of NCAA yesterday from EB. The game is sick. The graphics and gameplay is even better than last year. I played a few games with OU (my fav team) and I found that the rosters were right on target with what is expected to be the rosters for the season. The announcing was awesome for 2003 version but is even better for 2004 if you can believe it. I haven't started a dynasty yet so I can't say much about that.

My best game so far:
This morning I played Texas vs Texas Tech. I was Texas Tech at home and I was losing 24-17 in the fourth quarter. I came back to tie it at 24. I then sacked the UT QB for a safety so I was up by two 26-24. Texas then went off the hook. As I wanted to seal the game by getting a third down conversion, Texas picked the ball off and ran it all the way back for TD but missed the two point conversion. The game was now 30-26 Texas. So I get the ball back with a minute left and they sack me for a safety, so I have to punt to them. It is now 32-26 and it looks bad for Texas Tech. I have all three of my time outs so Texas can't just do a QB kneel. It was third down and 8 and the RB for Texas (I believe his name is Benson) fumbled the ball. The home crowd was going nuts and the game showed the players celebrating their second chance....the game is SO REALISTIC. I now had possession at the Texas 42 yard line with about 36 seconds. I make a few passes down in the middle of the field but time was running out. I make a desperate throw for the end zone but it was incomplete....but there was a flag on the play. It was pass interference. And again the crowd went nuts. The ball moved to the 6 yard line with 12 seconds left. I totally faked the Texas defense. From the shotgun I called a HB draw for a TD untouched and Texas Tech then had the lead 33-32. With 6 seconds left Texas threw one long bomb but it was a duck. After the game, a message popped up and said "Congrats, you have earned one of the best games ever". It then stores the game information into the "My NCAA". The game is so realistic. During my comeback the crowd was going nuts. The game actually shows the Texas coach on the sidelines flipping out over the pass interference call.

AlBoogy
07-16-2003, 11:27 AM
I love that best games ever feature too. Your game sounded like a heart stopper. I havent had one of those games yet. Perhaps because I play with the Canes and their stats are at the top.
My favorite thing that they changed is the DB AI. Im glad they go over the top now to swat down balls. Last year I hated they way DB'S played passes.

Waterspout
07-16-2003, 11:40 AM
I love that best games ever feature too. Your game sounded like a heart stopper. I havent had one of those games yet. Perhaps because I play with the Canes and their stats are at the top.
My favorite thing that they changed is the DB AI. Im glad they go over the top now to swat down balls. Last year I hated they way DB'S played passes.

I know what you mean about Miami. Every time I use Oklahoma it is usually a blow out. I like really close games. A good team to use for close games is Boston College. It seems no matter who they play it will be a close game.

Yeah, you have more options it seems on defense. I am able to penetrate the backfield easier this year with the swim moves and the DB's have multiple options to play a ball in the air. I usually go for the INT and usually get burned because of it :)