PDA

View Full Version : SEGA to ESPN, who thinks this was a good move?

Corona
07-02-2003, 11:18 PM
i think it was awsome, but will still miss the 2k series that stems back from the long lost dream cast.

Also think is was a big mistake for microsoft not buying SEGA, well atleast Sega sports. Wonder if they refused to sell the rights to that branch of their company solely!

Xbox Owner
07-02-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Corona
i think it was awsome, but will still miss the 2k series that stems back from the long lost dream cast.

Also think is was a big mistake for microsoft not buying SEGA, well atleast Sega sports. Wonder if they refused to sell the rights to that branch of their company solely!

....ESPN is the same game as 2k4, different name. I don't really mind, but I think it's a bad move sales wise.

Corona
07-02-2003, 11:24 PM
of course it is the same game, thats why i asked if the switch of titles was good or not

YOU HAVE REDEEMED YOURSELF YOUNG APRENTICE, FOR YOU HAVE ANSWERED THE QUESTION FOR WICH THIS POST WAS MEANT FOR!!

i believe it was a good move for marketing sake, you would too if you took MACRO AND MICRO EConomics

bretman1234
07-02-2003, 11:32 PM
I think it was a great move. I love watching espn, and now it feels like I control what happens on sportscenter. The espn license is so cool. It brought the 2k series more publicity, and I feel its more organized.

CrazyCougar
07-03-2003, 08:18 AM
I dont know if it was a good move as past ESPN titled games have absolutely sucked arse!!!! So for those of us that know its the 2k series, we dont have a probem with it. But for those newbies that never played te game before but know about the old ESPN games, it might be a problem.

Fever and Madden are shaping up to look reall good too. Gonna be a tough race this year in football franchises. I'll defintiely be getting Madden to coincide with NCAA. As for Fever and ESPN, I'll just have to see. XSN looks interesting while the 2k series is proven.

DZNUTZ
07-03-2003, 10:45 AM
i think its a good move.

why shouldn't the best football video game be associated with the best recgonized name in sports coverage.

Yankeez
07-03-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Corona

dreamcast will never be lost

*runs to his room and cries :cry:

DocHoliday78
07-05-2003, 02:31 AM
I just saw four clips of nfl2k4 and it looks awesome. Berman does the pregame talk of the two teams, and the ingame replay is pretty sweet. I am looking forward to this game. It should be the best series once more this year.

selowitch
07-06-2003, 06:39 PM
Well, after all, the 2K3-series titles all have in-game annoucements and graphics presenting themselves as being "on ESPN," so it wasn't too much of a leap.

I do think it will sow some confusion among consumers, which is never a good thing from a sales perspective.

If the game is as good as (or better than) NBA 2K3, it may not matter. I think that title is the best basketball sim I've ever played, and believe me, I've played just about all of them. I'm specifically discounting NBA Street vol. 2 and the like in this because I regard those as more arcade-style games than simulations.

sadmaker
07-07-2003, 08:50 AM
espn games by konami have a BAD history. i'm not sure this was a very good move by sega. i do know this, they will have to push their marketing team into overdrive to avoid any confusion.