PDA

View Full Version : Forums Contest

Kamshaft
12-12-2001, 07:46 AM
XboxAddict.com has an extra brand new copy of "Star Wars Starfighter SE" to giveaway. Just in time for the holiday season.

The Xbox game will be given away to one person that has shown the best "REAL" participation in the Asylum within the past month.

Contest will end this Friday (December14th, 2001 @ Midnight). But don't even think of posting alot of nothing-ness. We'll be checking for that...LOL

Good Luck.
Stephen-XBA

Hugh_Jass
12-12-2001, 07:49 AM
Cool!

(Does this reply count?) :)

FpS_PhReeK
12-12-2001, 07:59 AM
Just in case you were wondering, no, I do not have that game yet so if you were to give it to "me" I would enjoy playing it.... hehe.

PhReeK out!

Rancey
12-12-2001, 08:15 AM
Can I win? ;)

DOOM
12-12-2001, 09:50 AM
Very Nice!!!:D
I Needz that GaMe!

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 10:21 AM
Most replies? Does living on this site count? lol

batman46st
12-12-2001, 11:57 AM
does being a superhero get u a better chance at wining it

Ninja Scroll
12-12-2001, 03:03 PM
I am da only TRUE REAL Super Hero up in dis joint!
Yo Xboxaddict guys!
Hook your role model up wit one of dem Xbox Star Wars joints! pppwweeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!:D

Twisted J
12-12-2001, 03:04 PM
im getting that game for christmas but i wouldnt mind taking it back. max is gunna win hes all over this site!

Tazilla
12-12-2001, 04:03 PM
I already know who will win the contest,...

The Man of a Thounsand 400+ posts

Maximus!
Maximus!
Maximus!

there's is no way to beat the man,...

Even getting him drunk wouldn't stop his ability to win that Star Wars Starfighter SE Game,...

All hail Maximus!!!

and congratulations

terrapin
12-12-2001, 04:28 PM
Dude Maximus is a posting machine. Why don't you just mail it to him now?

Tazilla
12-12-2001, 05:14 PM
I know right,.. it's not fair to the rest of us,.. don't draw it out,.. just give it to him,..

save the rest of us poor souls the agony of defeat,.. he deserves it anyway,...

terrapin
12-12-2001, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Tazilla
save the rest of us poor souls the agony of defeat

I agree. I don't think my ego can take it.

Tazilla
12-12-2001, 05:30 PM
I'm getting my arse kicked by Azurik right now,.. It would break my heart to lose on a forum contest,...

/me pops the top of another brew

Rancey
12-12-2001, 05:42 PM
Stop looking for a sympathy win ;)

Tazilla
12-12-2001, 05:46 PM
Jason,.. please, forgive me,.. but I don't think I'm looking for a win of any kind,..

My Buddy Max is just tooo d4mned good at posting responses and good threads,..

He deserves to win,.. I know he will,...

LOL

no sympathy needed,... :D

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 05:49 PM
You know, Star Wars Starfighter SE would be awesome! But, are you guys giving out keyboards any time soon? Mine is starting to wear out :D hehe...jk

Tazilla
12-12-2001, 05:52 PM
ROFL,....

I though I saw smoke coming out from under those posts,...

I took a look out in the thread selection page,.. and I see Maximus all over the place,...

Well,.. I'm going out shopping for some games,...

I saw Wal mart has Shenmue for 16 bucks,.. gotta get it,...

be back later fellas

Good luck Maximus,...

I'm bringing back Ice cold Coor's Light

Ninja Scroll
12-12-2001, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA
Stop looking for a sympathy win ;)

Yo Jason, I dont think anyone is looking for any sympathy, everyone is just saying it like it is!
Waximus,... I mean Maximus (lol) basically live at xboxaddict.com's forum!
I mean d@amn, we would all love to have a free Xbox game no matter what it was, but to have over 1400 post is jsut to much for us other forum cats to handle in a contest.
Plus max is not only a post-aholic, but a good person who has helped us all with problems and writes things that are worth reading.
Believe me, there is alot of post that I just skip past, but when I see are good friend max's post I always read them joint.
Plus he is my little Ninja side kick, known to the super hero world as "Waximus Junior- doodo diaper dandy" (little inide joke).
Like everyone has said, just end his infamous contest and give the award to the little trooper that could named maximus.

Tazilla
12-12-2001, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Yo Jason, I dont think anyone is looking for any sympathy, everyone is just saying it like it is!
Waximus,... I mean Maximus (lol) basically live at xboxaddict.com's forum!
I mean d@amn, we would all love to have a free Xbox game no matter what it was, but to have over 1400 post is jsut to much for us other forum cats to handle in a contest.
Plus max is not only a post-aholic, but a good person who has helped us all with problems and writes things that are worth reading.
Believe me, there is alot of post that I just skip past, but when I see are good friend max's post I always read them joint.
Plus he is my little Ninja side kick, known to the super hero world as "Waximus Junior- doodo diaper dandy" (little inide joke).
Like everyone has said, just end his infamous contest and give the award to the little trooper that could named maximus.

I agree 100%
if the laws of physics would allow a higher percentage,...
then I would agree accordingly,...

Max is the coolest, and friendliest member of this forum,..
I have never seen him flame,.. or post idiodic content,...

I think most of the members of the XBA forum would agree with Ninja and myself,...
End this monotony,.. Give Max the Game,..
that way he'll play it reveiw it and get lots of other members to go out and ourchase it,... LOL

IF we could vote,..
I would vote Maximus
and Coor's Light

Rancey
12-12-2001, 08:33 PM
I dunno if you guys could tell but I was j/k'ing...I'm sure Max knows I like him aswell :cool:

Frostberg
12-12-2001, 08:38 PM
Jeez Maximus, 23.24 posts per day...you rule!

Tazilla
12-12-2001, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA
I dunno if you guys could tell but I was j/k'ing...I'm sure Max knows I like him aswell :cool:

Yes we knew that,...

but give it to him already!!!!!!

lol

Frostberg
12-12-2001, 09:56 PM
I know, its not like Maximus wont get it...lol instead of a forum contest, you should have a "congradulate Maximus week" or something...lol when I got the email about the contest I thought it had to be a joke...

JeremyX
12-12-2001, 10:21 PM
Now does that include post on all the forums?

This has to be the coolest contest. Just another reason to post here. You guys should do this more often.

XAddict
12-13-2001, 07:51 AM
Can new kids win

FpS_PhReeK
12-13-2001, 10:17 AM
----> and here is the obligatory no offense to anyone.

They only said..... real participation. I mean if I wanted to post 100 times a day I could,,,, I sit infront of a computer for a job, I am pretty good at typing if you catch my drift.

The question is what does real participation mean? Does it mean asking simple and obvious questions or does it mean bringing up topics that were covered in previous threads, or does it mean just chatting it up a lot, swhile not realy contributing to any mountain of shared knowledge....

My point is if you look at my posts over the last month you will see that I have time and time again brought new gaming NEWS that at times was not even mentioned on the Xboxaddict website... I don't mean to toot my own horn to loudly but... here goes, just to clue you in, I introduced this forum to McRae Rally 3, then provided the first in game screens,,, I have posted newly released screens from Unreal, I recently posted an updat to Konami's release schedule, I have given insightful commentary and contributed meaningfully to the debates with in many forum areas..... AND MUCH MORE.

As if this alone was not enough to put that game in my hand, I would continue to mention that I have defended my "Green Eyed Lady" from every purse toteing bracelet wearing lamecube loud mouth. Ever widening the gap between ***cubers and real gamers..... okay I will agree that lately I have been sliding down the slippery slope and have been concentrating on messing with the gamecube fan's buthey I am bored,,,, and waiting for Medal of Honor!!!!!!!!! If you guys ever get bored in the general discussion area, head over to the Gamecube Xbox debate area,,,, I love getting a rise out of those guys,,, really fun.

Anyway give me the darn game will ya. ,,,, ok nevermind just give it Maximus.

PhReeK out!

Guys sorry for the shameless self promotion but I want some free stuff.

:D

MadDawg276
12-13-2001, 12:24 PM
Max won

PigDestroyer010
12-13-2001, 04:41 PM
everyone stop pimping max...

XAddict
12-13-2001, 05:11 PM
Actually i dont think it should be on the number of times posted but as other said the quality of the bull**** that they write. I personaly like all you others think Max is the MVP of this forum

Frostberg
12-13-2001, 05:18 PM
Well the contest isint about number of posts...and id say at least half of Maximus's posts are maningful and helpful...and thats still like 750+! Its almost impossible for Maximus to lose because hes a post-o-holic with meaningful posts...and I enjoy bashing people like heyyoudvd with him!

XAddict
12-13-2001, 05:20 PM
just bash gamecube wow its fun

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
Well the contest isint about number of posts...and id say at least half of Maximus's posts are maningful and helpful...and thats still like 750+! Its almost impossible for Maximus to lose because hes a post-o-holic with meaningful posts...and I enjoy bashing people like heyyoudvd with him!

LOL, Frostberg...Now, your last sentence was exceptionally meaningful :D :D :D

What is up with that dude? It's as if he is wearing his wetted down pampers backwards and hasn't changed them for three weeks! That guy needs to consider putting more baby powder on...that diaper rash gets that dude CrAnKY! :D

XAddict
12-13-2001, 05:23 PM
Good one

max man i love u almost as much as beer

Frostberg
12-13-2001, 05:27 PM
You know...heyyoudvd is where Xboxers like ourselver get our sterotypes of lamecubers from! He has to ruin it for the rest of the real 10 year old GC fans...I hope there isint an Xbox version of heyyoudvd on some GC forum!

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
You know...heyyoudvd is where Xboxers like ourselver get our sterotypes of lamecubers from! He has to ruin it for the rest of the real 10 year old GC fans...I hope there isint an Xbox version of heyyoudvd on some GC forum!

lol...there most-likely wouldn't have to be! Man, the XBox, in my opinion (which is arguably factual) speaks for itself!

1. LameCube
- Kiddie games - great for 8 year olds (no denying that)
- Paddles are as solid as styrofoam (sp?)
- The console looks like the crosspoint between Barney's puke and Barbie's easy bake oven (I can imagine some LameCube fanboy doing hopscotch while holding their LameCube like the purple purse it is)

2. XBox
- Powerful, innovative, a console that deserves the title of a next generation console
- Hard-drive (8 gigs) seperated by three partitions for faster game loading, saving games, and ripping your own personal CD collection to play while playing your games
- Exclusive titles
- Huge 3rd party support
- On line broadband standard
- LAN compatible (oh, man, this is amazing!)
- Looks like an average electronic appliance and doesn't look tacky on your entertainment stand or set-up.
- And many many more....You know me, I wouldn't want to put too much wear and tear on my keyboard now... :D

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 07:05 PM
I can't wait to go home, play my XBox, laugh with my XBox...hang out and party with my XBox...drink a beer with my XBox...talk about memories with my XBox...use my XBox as a teddy bear and cuddle with my XBox with a gleaming smile from my face in drunken bliss... Sweet! I'm going home to go play right now! :p

XAddict
12-13-2001, 07:52 PM
Im dreaming Of a green christmas

Just like ones i hope to know

i love looking at the charts that compares the xbox to the other two

xbox has more speed more memory well... more everything

sinizuh
12-14-2001, 01:28 PM
so... is that forum only? or forum, news comments, game reviews, etc etc?

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by sinizuh
so... is that forum only? or forum, news comments, game reviews, etc etc?

I think it's just forums...however, if you are just finding out, you might be in trouble! lol

xboxlover
12-14-2001, 01:42 PM
Yer Maximus rules these forums, I've been here longer than him but my post count is humble to his i guess its because am in the uk and don't have xbox so don't anythin interestin to talk about or mayb its just because am british and i find it hard to win friendship from americans cause u's block me out.

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by xboxlover
Yer Maximus rules these forums, I've been here longer than him but my post count is humble to his i guess its because am in the uk and don't have xbox so don't anythin interestin to talk about or mayb its just because am british and i find it hard to win friendship from americans cause u's block me out.

Who the hell are you? hehehe...jk :D Dude, I can tell you, the XBox is definately worth waiting for, buddy :D

Tazilla
12-14-2001, 10:36 PM
All thiw talk,.. and I forgot about when the contest is supposed to b4 over,...

I want to give my Buddy Max a big Pat on the Back, A fist full of Brew,.. and a hardy har har,...

let me know what you think of Starfighter after you play Maximus,..

Congrats in advance

sinizuh
12-15-2001, 12:23 AM
oh mighty max! i will not get in your way towards you mighty forum contest victory! for i would be destory in a massive explotion of destruction!!! oh mighty! :p

smack119
12-15-2001, 12:40 AM
hey look as of right now i have the last post on every thread on the first page..... come on please give me a little something for that

Frostberg
12-15-2001, 01:09 AM
lol thats hillarious! You better cover me up!

smack119
12-15-2001, 01:11 AM
got you frost

sinizuh
12-15-2001, 01:18 AM
thats some good spamming there, smack.

smack119
12-15-2001, 01:19 AM
read them all... everyone of them is about the topic... it isnt just spam

DT21
12-15-2001, 01:30 AM
You should go study:) .

smack119
12-15-2001, 01:32 AM
i really should..... im going to go soon anyway...... im starting to get tired. im sure tomorrow all my posts will be covered:(

LynxFX
12-15-2001, 02:11 AM
Yeah I noticed you were a little busy tonight smack. :)

I'm supposed to be memorizing a monologue right now. Got an audition tomorrow. **** I procrastinate too much.

xboxlover
12-15-2001, 02:59 AM
Hey Max nice little joke there keep it up and congrats on winning star wars starfighter and hey i know the xbox is worth waitin thats why i am waiting.

smack119
12-15-2001, 03:00 AM
did they announce that max won?

OG-Love
12-15-2001, 10:37 AM
MAD :mad: MAX

...Beyond the XboX Dome...

This is my first post but I've been observing for a long while.

Consider the game yours Maximus!

Kamshaft
12-15-2001, 04:00 PM
The contest is based on who's got the most participation within the past month (Since November 1st, 2001). Maximus may or may not be the winner (sorry Maximus).

We'll be doing more giveaways this week, just in time for xmas! So stay tuned! Also, we we do surprise giveaways in the chat lounge too! So get your friend's in there!

Frostberg
12-15-2001, 04:09 PM
I thought the contest already ended though, who won?

xboxlover
12-16-2001, 02:50 AM
Max has added a freshness to this site and i think he deserves the game.

Kamshaft
12-16-2001, 08:31 AM
It was supposed to be Friday, but I got busy here...so, tonight is the last night.

xboxbabe
12-16-2001, 11:11 AM
Maximus did post the most, but he missed the whole point of the contest and the forum. May the best gamer win!

Tazilla
12-16-2001, 02:46 PM
I just want to say,..

That this contest, has raised the interest in the forums,... I have noticed that there has been a lot of interesting topics, and very helpful and also fun inteaction between all the members,..

and another thing that I notcied was,... there was very little trolling,... and very little flaming considering the nature of the contest,...

I want to welcome all of the new members to the forum, and I hope that we can all give each other some juicy gaming news, helpful tips,... and just good old fashioned chit chat,...

I do feel that Maximus deserves to win the contest,... He has been the Best Forum Member in the past month,..
not just because he post the most,.. but because he really has a lot of good things to talk about,.. and he makes it fun to visit and post here at XboxAddict,...

Some people see a beer can that's half full,..
Some see it as half empty,..
I see it as I gotta make another beer run,..

monkeyman
12-16-2001, 06:02 PM
im not a big star wars fan but i wanna win ill lick my shoe to win :p

monkeyman
12-16-2001, 06:05 PM
or ill kiss my dog and lick my shoe and ill give you a great big hug;)

Kamshaft
12-16-2001, 07:27 PM
MAXIMUS, but you guys knew that. But We will be doing contests all month, to win Xbox t-shirts, games , and more!

Keep checking the web site for the Cel Damage Contest details.
Peace.
And merry xmas!