PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy POTC!!!

CarGuy
07-04-2003, 10:01 AM
I can f'n believe it, i had nearly 15 hours into this game.... :cuss: Anyway, i was playing the game as usual and i was entering someones house and as usual a brief loading screen pops up. Well i havent had any problems with the game freezing or DDE's but the disc stuttered and a black screen came up. So i did what anyone would do, i waited a few seconds to no avail then i hit the power button, then waited a few more seconds and started it back up making sure the disc wasn't actually dirty. Well i go to load my game and it says "bad save" in the box where the little picture would be and under that it says "Unable to load U:\000000000000\" :cuss: NO game should ever do this, and im 100% sure i didnt 'turn off my xbox console' while it was loading or saving. I can't believe i was defending this game... I've been playing console games (not to mention PC games) since i was like 8 yrs old with the NES and no game has EVER EVER EVER done this. Too bad my local Blockbuster never adds any new Xbox games so i couldnt rent it. Be careful guys, if it could happen to me it could happen to you. I couldnt imagine having 100+ hours in and having this happen.

Sleazy P Martini
07-04-2003, 10:19 AM
Oh yeah......don't buy the game beacuse 1 guy out of a million got a corrupted save. :rofl:

CarGuy
07-04-2003, 10:25 AM
Yea, sorry about the whole dont buy the game bit, but i assure you i wasn't in the process of saving. I was a little ****ed when i made the original post. I think it says a lot about a game when you can just randomly lose your entire progress. :(

MerimacHamwich
07-04-2003, 12:32 PM
Actually, I think it says alot about the quality of the game when something like this happens. If it was a crappy game then my guess is you wouldn't care if you lost your save game or it crashed on you before you could save. However, if you care enough to get enraged becuase all of your hardwork is now gone then the game must be good.

So from what I understand everyone should go and buy it.

Flood
07-04-2003, 12:41 PM
am i the only one who doesn't know what POTC stands for?

Spellfire
07-04-2003, 12:49 PM
Don't worry I too can get confused occasionally with these lazy typers.

It's Pirates of the Carribean.

Voodoo_Vince
07-04-2003, 01:35 PM
I lost three games on morrowind before I realised I needed to Use SAVE instead of Auto save . I had a 13th level Scout and Lost all data I loaded the save that was left and I was just getting off the ship ,

Does POTC have a save system like Morrowind?? I hope so

CarGuy
07-04-2003, 02:00 PM
Yea, i tried changing the topic of my original post but no luck. I should have posted it as more as a warning and for that "my bad". You can save when ever you want, so it's very similar to Morrowind.

hebgbz
07-04-2003, 02:32 PM
I totally agree with the original intent of the thread and think he has a right to vent. A game shouldn't do this. I am amazed that so many are so used to buggy games that they actually defend one when it is pointed out. No matter how fun a game is if it functions like a POS then its fun-factor will quickly evaporate.

Let that black screen of death happen again after 30 hours of play and I suspect he will not be having fun anymore.

Snoop E
07-04-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Joe Dredd
Oh yeah......don't buy the game beacuse 1 guy out of a million got a corrupted save. :rofl:

- that is the same thing i was thinking when i was reading it.:huh:

Shadow20002
07-04-2003, 07:21 PM
Anyway, i'm not so sure with Bethesda, they have delivery great experience about Morrowind but have some bugs in it. Now with POTC....maybe gonna rent it and try before getting it.

Liquid Gears
07-04-2003, 07:25 PM
Calm down man, it's a frickin' movie game. What do you expect?

Knight
07-04-2003, 07:31 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a dual pistol?

Variation-XBA
07-04-2003, 07:36 PM
I need to try this game..its taunting me at work :)

xboxman_1
07-05-2003, 12:32 PM
Calm down man, it's a frickin' movie game. What do you expect?

Technically it is, but it was originally going to be Seadogs 2...and from what I've heard, the game bares no resemblance or has any of the same plot features of the movie.

Crazy Joe
07-05-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1

Technically it is, but it was originally going to be Seadogs 2...and from what I've heard, the game bares no resemblance or has any of the same plot features of the movie.

ya it's actually a pretty weak license, there are no characters from the movie in the game, nor are the plot lines similar.

Bigwig
07-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Dude use the HD and keep 3 or 4 saved games. I dont care if its Bethhasda or the most polished Nintendo title. I know a dude who had a bad saved game in Metroid Prime.

CarGuy
07-06-2003, 11:10 AM
Posted on gamefaq.com:

"From: Tieg1 | Posted: 7/6/2003 8:17:25 AM | Message Detail
Much to my wife's dismay lol...I played this game for about 3 days straight. My character was up to level 12, I had 3 ships (Corvette, Frigate, and a galleon), up to where you take the tablet inscriptions to be interpreted and all my saved files started showing instead of a picture of where you are when saving...they all said "BAD SAVE". There was no way to reload a saved file...everytime I saved a BAD SAVE showed...it was endless...neverless I died...went to reload and nothing would let me reload...started over. Great game...type I like to do...love pirates...the Xbox is still the greatest console game around .... but I think this was best left as a PC game. I hope the rest of you have better luck than I...as for me...I"m calling EB and going to ask them if they would take it back and let me get the pc version of it. At least there is the possibility of patches for the game in the future. Good luck. "

:confused: I'm going to take it back this week. I also heard after you beat it you can't go around and kick arse. You're stuck on the last island or something. No hero quests or anything of the sort. Just rent this one guys, it has uber potential but maybe because of Disney came in it got screwed up. If you think you're going to be playing morrowind you'll be disapointed. This was my mistake.

Bottom line: Don't pay 50 dollars for this game. If this game is worth 50 bucks then Splinter Cell or HALO should be worth $75. I promise you'll have fun if you rent it though. :)

PapaSKooT
07-06-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Flood-XBA
am i the only one who doesn't know what POTC stands for?

i didnt know either, flood :)

Dre
07-06-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Actually, I think it says alot about the quality of the game when something like this happens. If it was a crappy game then my guess is you wouldn't care if you lost your save game or it crashed on you before you could save. However, if you care enough to get enraged becuase all of your hardwork is now gone then the game must be good.

So from what I understand everyone should go and buy it.

I think anyone who lost 15 hours, be it a great or mediocre game would be peeved off. I really don't see an ounce of logic in the statement you made.