PDA

View Full Version : CDR idea

Taltoz
12-12-2001, 09:22 AM
Since my Xbox is a Christmas gift I have to wait until then to play it. However, since my brother-in-law is down from NY for a couple of days my wife let me break it out for a night. Anyway, to make a long story short(er) I decided to test out a couple of CDRs to see if they would work. The first time I put one in it worked perfectly. After that even the same CDR may or maynot work on the first try. I found that if I just ejected it and then reloaded it (without even touching the disc) it would usually work. I was able to save a couple of them to the hard drive and everything.

So if you are having trouble try this and let me know if it works for you.

Snoopy7548
12-12-2001, 02:02 PM
thats a good idea, but i heard somewhere that someone used cd-r's alot in their xbox, and when they played their regular games, they were skipping all the time and stuff, and then they tried playing their games with an xbox that has not used cd-rs, and it worked perfectly

Taltoz
12-12-2001, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the info. I had not heard that. I am not too worried because once I have saved the soundtrack to the harddrive I won't have to load the cd again.

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 03:39 PM
I understand that if you use CD-RWs with a two second gap between each track, you are in business...no probs whatsoever :)

Taltoz
12-12-2001, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I understand that if you use CD-RWs with a two second gap between each track, you are in business...no probs whatsoever :)

Aha! And therefore my success. Thanks again Max

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 04:01 PM
Hey, no prob...but, don't thank me...Someone else here figured it out...I just got the info from them...but, I don't recall who it was...well, okay then...I'll take the credit! :D hehe

EthanQT
12-12-2001, 04:10 PM
Is it confirmed?

Chaotic
12-13-2001, 09:56 AM
Its was I who posted that info.

It is correct!!!

Use Verbatim CDRW's with a 2 second gap. Also use nero 55514 audio wizard to burn the audio, no problems here.

Works great!!!

Also i have noticed if you rip the music at 10x or faster there are some issue's, so i would recommend that you keep it at 10 or below.

Good luck.

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by TheMentorsXbox
Its was I who posted that info.

It is correct!!!

Use Verbatim CDRW's with a 2 second gap. Also use nero 55514 audio wizard to burn the audio, no problems here.

Works great!!!

Also i have noticed if you rip the music at 10x or faster there are some issue's, so i would recommend that you keep it at 10 or below.

Good luck.

I am not worthy :D By the way, great info! I have several custom CDs I ripped that have all my favorite music on them...but, I haven't been gutsey enough to put them in my XBox yet. But, what you have to say makes a lot of sense...I think I will try it tonight...I already have over 40 tracks...I could use about 20-30 more :D

Chaotic
12-13-2001, 01:41 PM

I am not worthy :D By the way, great info! I have several custom CDs I ripped that have all my favorite music on them...but, I haven't been gutsey enough to put them in my XBox yet. But, what you have to say makes a lot of sense...I think I will try it tonight...I already have over 40 tracks...I could use about 20-30 more :D

Really try and use Verbatim CDRW's

they work the best.

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by TheMentorsXbox

Really try and use Verbatim CDRW's

they work the best.

Sounds good...I need to pick some up tonight anyway...I might as well try those mama jamas out :) Thanks, pal :p

Chaotic
12-13-2001, 06:22 PM

Sounds good...I need to pick some up tonight anyway...I might as well try those mama jamas out :) Thanks, pal :p

Let me know how it works out for you.

wingchunstan
12-13-2001, 09:29 PM
Verbatim cdrw 74min cds work for me...

Chaotic
12-13-2001, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by wingchunstan
Verbatim cdrw 74min cds work for me... \

Add another to the list :D