PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Outcast Question

Spellfire
07-04-2003, 12:45 PM
Yesterday I talked with some guys in the chat about this game, but I still felt inclined to make a thread. I am paranoid when it comes to game length. To many games do not last long enough in my opinion to make up for the 40-50 dollar purchases they require. I would rent it, but don't want to end up getting rapped up in the game and not finish--then it would not be worth the buy because I have already beaten half of it.

Anyway could someone tell me about how long the single player of Jedi Outcast takes? It says 8 missons over 24 levels, could someone expand on that idea, like how long does each one takes (about)?

Also how is the multiplayer appeal? How does the custom person/skills aspect work?

I am a little more cautious to this game because I lost a bit of money on PotC and don't want to mess up again. I also want to make sure it is much longer than games like red faction 2 and mace griffen.

sabca
07-04-2003, 04:19 PM
The PC version, at least, had a good length to it. Make sure you play it on a pretty hard difficulty though.

Visibily lacking in this game is the multiplayer. The PC multiplayer is great, however in this it's only two person split screen if I'm not mistaken. Not so great. However, it your a Star Wars fan the single player is fun and worth while, in my opinion

Ethereal S. D.
07-04-2003, 07:28 PM
I think it is good in length if you put it on a reasonably hard difficulty level. But the fond memories of me using a console cheats called cl_realisticsabercombatdamage set to the value of 1. This enabled you to cut any peice of the enemy off. This effect is funny when you throw a saber toward a stormtrooper because you see a flash, and the trooper is in a heap on the floor. heh good times. I suggest you rent it first before buying.