PDA

View Full Version : On-line Vs. Off-line

TheHaloMafia
07-05-2003, 02:30 PM
Which is more important for a game: to have it be On-line or to have a killer single player game. Such as NCAA Football 2003 is an awsome single player game, but everybody complains that there is no multiplayer. Who cares, as long as the single player is rock solid, theres no need to complain.

J Dub
07-05-2003, 02:45 PM
Honestly, I think single-player is still more important.

smack_roscoe
07-05-2003, 03:11 PM
Single player should rule.

Besides, not everyone wants/can play online.

Shadow20002
07-05-2003, 03:14 PM
I agree that single player can't be out of target but just to let everyone know, more online games coming in these days. But one thing you can be guarantee, single player is always there. ;)

Xbox Owner
07-05-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by J Dub
Honestly, I think single-player is still more important.

I agree, but I like multiplayer more.:D

TheHaloMafia
07-05-2003, 03:26 PM
Oh I agree that Multiplayer is a bonus, but you have to have rock solid single player game.

l Maximus l
07-05-2003, 05:21 PM
For racing games, sports games, shooters, and fighters, they should all have multi-player...and they should all be XBL compatible.

DocHoliday78
07-05-2003, 05:51 PM
Single player since that is what drives the game most, but the mutli shoud defenitly be good to add replay value.

Shadow20002
07-05-2003, 06:16 PM
Anyway, if you don't have Online, nothing matter, you can still visit arcades to challenge with some dudes.

SkoalMint
07-05-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
For racing games, sports games, shooters, and fighters, they should all have multi-player...and they should all be XBL compatible.

Amen brother. Single player is good and all, but I would much prefer a solid multiplayer game. For instance, if it weren't for the unlockables in GR, I never would have played the single player version of the game.

Arven
07-05-2003, 11:32 PM
You asked, "Which is more important for a game, to have it be online or have a killer single-player game?" I think the question has different answers, depending on your perspective.

The single-player game usually has the most impact on sales (since most people aren't online). From that point of view, SP is more important.

There are plenty of great single-player games, but very few great online titles. A killer SP would be lauded, but a killer online title would be shouted from the rooftops with a "Halleluijah!" Online gamers are very passionate and hungry gamers. So from that point of view, online is more important.

Most reviewers focus on the single-player game, so in terms of the game rating or reputation, SP is more important.

From the point of view of replayability, online is more important.

And if you don't have Live, obviously SP is more important.
:)

TheHaloMafia
07-05-2003, 11:57 PM
Arven you have a nice point. I also like your "big" words. I needed to whip out the ol' disctionary for some of the tougher words. But nice points.

Highlite23
07-06-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Arven
You asked, "Which is more important for a game, to have it be online or have a killer single-player game?" I think the question has different answers, depending on your perspective.

The single-player game usually has the most impact on sales (since most people aren't online). From that point of view, SP is more important.

There are plenty of great single-player games, but very few great online titles. A killer SP would be lauded, but a killer online title would be shouted from the rooftops with a "Halleluijah!" Online gamers are very passionate and hungry gamers. So from that point of view, online is more important.

Most reviewers focus on the single-player game, so in terms of the game rating or reputation, SP is more important.

From the point of view of replayability, online is more important.

And if you don't have Live, obviously SP is more important.
:)

What he said.............:D

TheHaloMafia
07-06-2003, 09:28 AM
Ditto to that!