PDA

View Full Version : What ship or ships do you got in pirates of the caribbean?

Knight
07-05-2003, 09:48 PM
I have 4 Corvettes.

rpgreligion
07-05-2003, 11:04 PM
I just have 2 barques and a lugger. I just started playing hardcore today because of fourth of july, so i should be getting better ones soon.

Let me ask you a question knight:

Did you buy those ships, or steal them?

Knight
07-06-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by rpgreligion
I just have 2 barques and a lugger. I just started playing hardcore today because of fourth of july, so i should be getting better ones soon.

Let me ask you a question knight:

Did you buy those ships, or steal them?

I buyed them they cost 120k each.

Xorg
07-07-2003, 11:19 AM
How can i get alot of gold quick?

Knight
07-07-2003, 11:32 AM
Infinite Money
Keep going in and out of any tavern until there is a viable officer candidate waiting to be hired. Tell them you don't think they are worth what they are asking, they will lower their price, then say they are still not worth their fee. Keep doing this, and eventually it will turn into a negative sum. The amount of money you hire them for (which will be shown as a negative amount, -5000 for example) will INCREASE your gold instead.

NOTE: I discovered this with a commerce skill of 7, and each time I performed the trick, the amount went down by 700. With a lower skill rating, they sometimes refuse to lower their price.

It's works with a commerce skill of 5.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/code/36142.html

RudedogX
07-07-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Knight
Infinite Money
Keep going in and out of any tavern until there is a viable officer candidate waiting to be hired. Tell them you don't think they are worth what they are asking, they will lower their price, then say they are still not worth their fee. Keep doing this, and eventually it will turn into a negative sum. The amount of money you hire them for (which will be shown as a negative amount, -5000 for example) will INCREASE your gold instead.

NOTE: I discovered this with a commerce skill of 7, and each time I performed the trick, the amount went down by 700. With a lower skill rating, they sometimes refuse to lower their price.

It's works with a commerce skill of 5.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/code/36142.html
LOL, that's a nice glitch!:huh:

Xorg
07-08-2003, 10:33 AM
Does any 1 know what the number next to the ship means?For example the Lugger has a 6

SkoalMint
07-08-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Xorg
Does any 1 know what the number next to the ship means?For example the Lugger has a 6

Although the manual for this game is woefully inadequate, this is one of those questions where RTFM is appropriate. :D

Seriously tho, it is the class of the ship. The lower the number, the better the ship. FYI, you get more exp for defeating a ship with a higher number than yours.

:cheers:

rpgreligion
07-08-2003, 04:00 PM
I now have 2 corvettes. The best way i've found to make money, without using some type of glitch is constantly do jobs for store owners. Sometimes they will offer you an outrageous amount of money to do a job. And i think the more cargo you can haul the more they will pay you.

LongBow
07-09-2003, 04:04 PM
It's all about smuggling. I got a Brig and a Schonner. Both stolen

Xorg
07-09-2003, 04:07 PM
How do you smuggle and what do you smuggle?

rpgreligion
07-09-2003, 06:07 PM
How do you smuggle and what do you smuggle?

You have to talk to a smuggler in a tavern. There is always a smuggler there. And then the smuggler will tell you where to go, and so on. I think you have to have a low reputation to do smuggling jobs though. Not sure :huh:

I now have one battleship and one corvette. Both purchased. That battleship is elite :cheers: I took over isla muelle with it (took over the fort)

But you know what sucks? The whole town deserted, and i didnt get that much of a reward from taking the island over (25k and all ships repaired) What's the point in taking one over, when the reward is that crappy and an entire country hates you?

EHWfedPres
07-10-2003, 12:34 AM
I still have my mighty original Lugger or whatever its called...but im saving up for a corvette, got about 3/4th of the 120k needed.

I only have 2 questions...I got about 6 or 7 passenger dudes from taverns and some are pretty good with melee (ranked 6 in that category). So whenever I try to board some other dudes ship, my people get royally slaughtered. Anybody know a good strategy for killing people on their boats, or strengthening my people or something?

Second question...whats a good way to get experience points? I did some quest for someone who had me go see whats going on at Oxbay since it was captured, and I did that. Now the idiot wants me to go capture or sink or just plain stop a french ship from delivering the munitions from some weird named island or something like that, but...in relation to question 1...I probably wont be able to do so without dying in a quick and painful and embarassing manner...so what other ways are there to gain experience?

Xorg
07-10-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I still have my mighty original Lugger or whatever its called...but im saving up for a corvette, got about 3/4th of the 120k needed.

I only have 2 questions...I got about 6 or 7 passenger dudes from taverns and some are pretty good with melee (ranked 6 in that category). So whenever I try to board some other dudes ship, my people get royally slaughtered. Anybody know a good strategy for killing people on their boats, or strengthening my people or something?

Second question...whats a good way to get experience points? I did some quest for someone who had me go see whats going on at Oxbay since it was captured, and I did that. Now the idiot wants me to go capture or sink or just plain stop a french ship from delivering the munitions from some weird named island or something like that, but...in relation to question 1...I probably wont be able to do so without dying in a quick and painful and embarassing manner...so what other ways are there to gain experience?

for the first one, you should put your officers in the passanger seat so they dont fight before boarding, if crew members die they arent very imortant.

and second, to stop the ship you dont need to get in a sea battle, you just need to get some info on people and kill two people.

EHWfedPres
07-10-2003, 11:26 AM
for the first one, you should put your officers in the passanger seat so they dont fight before boarding

What do you mean exactly?

coxson
07-10-2003, 12:45 PM
I have a Galleon and a Pinnace. Both stolen. The Galleon from the French and the Pinnace from the Pirates. Galleons are nice, but expensive and very slow to move.

If anyone wants a map of the islands a friend of mine did one. It can be found at:

http://www.geocities.com/ramoneskitty/

Xorg
07-10-2003, 05:03 PM

What do you mean exactly?

Well i thought it would work going to the passangers menu and removing my officers so they wouldnt fight but when i got boarded they still fought sometimes, maybe it only works when i board an enemy ship.

EHWfedPres
07-10-2003, 07:02 PM

Well i thought it would work going to the passangers menu and removing my officers so they wouldnt fight but when i got boarded they still fought sometimes, maybe it only works when i board an enemy ship.

Oh, I still dont know what you are talking about, but I did manage to buy a Corvette and get some boatswains or whatever those people are called...I boarded a few ships and killed the dudes that attacked me, but didnt get the ship. the transfer goods and stuff menu came up after I captured the ship, but in my ship menu, it only shows my corvette...am I supposed to do anything special to keep the ship for myself or what?

PS: Anybody else run into the problem of getting in battles with about 6 or 7 or more ships instead of only one or 2? I had this huge awesome fight when I tried to help out a ship that was under attack from pirates, and eventually got sunk after about 3 or 4 boardings...dont know if i was getting boarded or if I was boarding them, but either way, shouldnt the winner of the boarding get the opponents ship regardless of who started the boarding process?

Xorg
07-10-2003, 07:10 PM

Oh, I still dont know what you are talking about, but I did manage to buy a Corvette and get some boatswains or whatever those people are called...I boarded a few ships and killed the dudes that attacked me, but didnt get the ship. the transfer goods and stuff menu came up after I captured the ship, but in my ship menu, it only shows my corvette...am I supposed to do anything special to keep the ship for myself or what?

PS: Anybody else run into the problem of getting in battles with about 6 or 7 or more ships instead of only one or 2? I had this huge awesome fight when I tried to help out a ship that was under attack from pirates, and eventually got sunk after about 3 or 4 boardings...dont know if i was getting boarded or if I was boarding them, but either way, shouldnt the winner of the boarding get the opponents ship regardless of who started the boarding process?

To keep the other ship, you have to assign a captain to it, one of your officers, and i once got boarded and i won and i did get to keep their ship even though they boarded me.

EHWfedPres
07-10-2003, 07:23 PM

To keep the other ship, you have to assign a captain to it, one of your officers, and i once got boarded and i won and i did get to keep their ship even though they boarded me.

Thats what I was thinking, but wasnt sure...because I assigned a first mate of mine to be the captian of the first ship that I captured, but it was in the middle of a multi-ship battle and the second ship was almost sunk, so I just sold it...dont remember if I lost that character with the boat or not, but i'll remember that next time, thankx man.

I think boarding ships is alot more fun than fighting with cannons...mostly because I suck with the cannons, but Im a good melee fighter even thoug my melee skill is only like 3, but thats not bad considering im only level 4 I think...

But now that im thinking of it...is there any way to change your ship? I think I saw a swap ships button or something mentioned somewhere before I sold the one i captured, but Im not completely sure...cause I just got the idea of capturing ships and taking them into storms on purpose just for experience points, and then selling the ship instead of worring about repairing it...but is there any way to order the other ship to stay out of the storm? I dont want my corvette to get damaged, so can I possibly just leave it at the port or something?

Xorg
07-10-2003, 07:42 PM

Thats what I was thinking, but wasnt sure...because I assigned a first mate of mine to be the captian of the first ship that I captured, but it was in the middle of a multi-ship battle and the second ship was almost sunk, so I just sold it...dont remember if I lost that character with the boat or not, but i'll remember that next time, thankx man.

I think boarding ships is alot more fun than fighting with cannons...mostly because I suck with the cannons, but Im a good melee fighter even thoug my melee skill is only like 3, but thats not bad considering im only level 4 I think...

But now that im thinking of it...is there any way to change your ship? I think I saw a swap ships button or something mentioned somewhere before I sold the one i captured, but Im not completely sure...cause I just got the idea of capturing ships and taking them into storms on purpose just for experience points, and then selling the ship instead of worring about repairing it...but is there any way to order the other ship to stay out of the storm? I dont want my corvette to get damaged, so can I possibly just leave it at the port or something?

try giving orders to it by pressing Y, dont know if it will work but its worth a try

MerimacHamwich
07-11-2003, 01:05 AM
I have had several different ships but I currently have a Galleon. The thing is a monster, I love it. Especially when three little pirate luggers try to take me on.
:D
:cheers:
Best Game Ever!

SkoalMint
07-11-2003, 05:44 AM
But now that im thinking of it...is there any way to change your ship?

After successfully boarding and capturing a ship, you have the option to swap ships on the cargo transfer screen. Just be careful to make sure that the ship isn't on it's last legs. I swapped ships once only to be immediately sunk by his pirate buddy when I went back into the battle.

I believe you can also swap ships at a shipyard.

EHWfedPres
07-11-2003, 08:25 AM
Ok, I was playing the game last night at a friends house and almost had enough money for a battleship, but couldnt fina where to buy one at. Oh well...I did see a swap ships option after I was capturing some ships though. Good way to make money is to board a bunch of ships, kill the dudes and take their boat and everything abord and sell it.

I also was just joking around and shot a guard dead in the street...needless to say, the other guards didnt like that too much, so my team of 3 people and myself fought off some guards until we were completely overrun...but that was pretty fun. What was also fun was when my ship was crossing in front of another and I fired off a bunch of cannons and damaged the ship pretty bad...i guess you had to be there because it was pretty hilarious.
Also, there were 3 ships in a battle by some fort and the fort was firing at them, so I decided to help out and sank one of the ships, another just got sank when I arrived, and I tried to board the last remaining ship but the people on it pretty much wiped the floor with my troops...

Anybody know the best ship for getting into battles with? Im guessing the battleship...

Xorg
07-11-2003, 01:14 PM
I have had my original lugger for quite a while, but then i got into a battle to help the spanish and I took over one of the pirates boat, i yacht so then I told the yacht to sail away since i was going to attemp to board over a spanish corvette, after i got next to it I couldnt board it so i shot it and they tried to board me, my officer and i killed them, sunk my lugger and took over the corvette, then sold the yacht, the corvette is really nice

Ugunnalose
07-11-2003, 03:06 PM
How do u lower the cost of your crews salary. I only have 1 ship a sloop and it has 95 people and last time i paid them it was 3500 i dont want to keep on having to pay so much please help me.

coxson
07-11-2003, 03:33 PM
Yup! Payroll is a ***** no matter what. It can be decreased by increasing your leadership level. I have a leadership level of 5 and the 430 guys on my Galleon cost around 6000. Also, there is stuff in the abilites area that may reduce payroll too, but I'm not 100% on that.

I have never played a RPG before, and now I am hooked, at least on PotC. I think I have logged well over 40 hours in the last week. Yeah, I know, I really need to get a life.

If you remove officers from the list of 4 (Hawk being 1 of them) when you board a ship they won't get killed, but if they have good skill levels then you want them for there skills during ship battles. It is always something, huh?

There can be good stuff in some of the dungeons and catacombs too.

Ugunnalose
07-11-2003, 05:04 PM
where do u find dungeons and catacombs at?

MerimacHamwich
07-11-2003, 05:35 PM
You have to search for them. Go onto an island and exit the town, don't go to the port.

coxson
07-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Oxbay has a dugeon, redmond has a dungeon, greenford has catacombs. Walk around the towns. Some of the doors are unlocked, mostly houses, and there is sometimes good stuff in said houses, but there will be one door in the towns that goes to a dungeon or catacomb or some such place. And that is all I am gonna say on that. I don't wanna ruin it for ya! :)

coxson
07-11-2003, 05:45 PM
Don't forget to save OFTEN!

Ugunnalose
07-11-2003, 06:23 PM
so you open doors in towns to find dungeons? where is the catacombs at in greenford?

MerimacHamwich
07-11-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by duschbag
so you open doors in towns to find dungeons? where is the catacombs at in greenford?
Why don't you just play and find out for yourself?

Ugunnalose
07-11-2003, 08:50 PM
i am playing but am 2 caught up in this danielle thing that i have to do and was just wondering where it is thats why

EHWfedPres
07-12-2003, 04:24 PM
Back to the ships subject...I just got a Battleship today...after having to start all over this morning thankx to a "Bad Save" or some stupid crap...anybody else get that? I got another one after starting over, but I turned off the system and turned it back on and was able to load my game, so that was good. I made 2 game saves and always save over the save before the last. Not sure if that had anything to do with being able to still play, but I oly had one save last time and that messed me up pretty bad...I was level 8 I think...had 5 decent boatswains and a Frigade or whatever they are called, awesome ship though.

I wanted to start over anyway because I really didnt know what I was going with the skill and attribute points, but now I have everything where I want it...except for those ability points in increades crew and sail damage, but thats needed to get critical hit, which is needed to get professional cannoneer, which i really want to get. I already have basic, advanced, and professional ship defence, and carry a guy with very high repair skill with me.

The Battleship is such an amazing boat to have, especially when your ship defence is way up and you are carrying guys that have very high defence and repair skills. I bought all the cannonballs from redmond, came back a few days later and they were still out...that sucked...but I came across a frence ship...actually 3 french ships, a battleship and a class 3 and 4 something or other...but I sunk the battleship and then decided to leave and do some repairs. Sinking ships is without a doubt the best way to gain experience...going into storms is a good way also, but I dont have the necessary abilities to do so and escape with no damage.

Does anybody know the answer to this question...If you have an officer on your ship that has something such as Increased Ship Defence, does that count for only his ship? Im pretty sure it does, but not sure. The strategy guide comes out sometime this next week, so i'll probably pick that up.

Anyway, my officers are pretty damn good for being such low levels...I have a level one boatswain who has 10 Melee...He started with 6 and had 4 skill points when I hired him, but that doesnt happen to often, finding officers with undistributed skill points. My commerce skill is 10 and my cannon skill is about 5. Im working on my leadership now so I dont have to keep paying close to 20k for the crew's salary.

PS: Anybody know where to find some officers besides in taverns? I found some guy at the Quebradilla Costeses or whatever the hell that place is called...he was fighting some guy in the street and I let him kill the other guy, then he asked if he cound join my team and I let him, but he pretty much sucks compared to my other guys...so i was wondering where to find more officers other than taverns...maybe ill get lucky and find someone good

Snoop E
07-19-2003, 11:01 AM
im pretty far into the game, and from what i found the easiest way to make money is smuggling, for like only 522 sugar i got 13 000 for it. if you get a couple good storage ships just buy all the contraband stuff you cant get your hands on, and sail to the island that is taking in that stuff. most i got off of a deal was around 60, 000 pretty easy money if you ask me, but know to my ships currently i have 3 battleships, before that galleons and frigates sell those and get some battleships. 70 something cannons. with 24lb culverneres for the range cause they arent the fastest ship,

MerimacHamwich
07-24-2003, 10:49 PM
I just beat the game, and I had a Manowar. Now I am going to have to find one from a previous save game. That is the only real fault in the game to me, after you beat the main storyline, you can't continue playing, you have to load a previous save game. Ah well.

-Next item on POTC to do list, take over every single fort.