PDA

View Full Version : So, what's a hot title to buy nowadays?

Brian
07-06-2003, 02:28 PM
Rented Brute Force and The Hulk, beat them both within the 5 days of rental. Was wondering if any current (particularly new) games are worth buying (or trying out/renting)? :) Thanks

-Bri

diranged
07-06-2003, 02:40 PM
pirates of the caribbean is a good one to buy.
sof 2 is also a really good game. i have both and i play them all the time sof 2 is not an easy fps its pretty hard.
:cheers:

Uchiha Sasuke
07-06-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Brian
Rented Brute Force and The Hulk, beat them both within the 5 days of rental. Was wondering if any current (particularly new) games are worth buying (or trying out/renting)? :) Thanks

-Bri

Wait for Star Wars:KOTOR its going to come out soon. Should last you awhile too.

flyxboxfly
07-06-2003, 03:30 PM
im playing return to castle wolfenstien that my bud is letting me borrow. i saw it for 38 at walmart last night

En7gMa
07-06-2003, 04:10 PM
RTCW is the shiz! Buy it now or miss out on the best multiplayer experience ever!

Shadow20002
07-06-2003, 04:40 PM
Yeah, KOTOR will be something to keep you burning the Xbox no stop this summer !! ;)

Splinter-Seal
07-06-2003, 05:39 PM
Eh, I've been playing the heck out of; Soldiers Of Fortune II: Double Helix, Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter and, Return To Castle Wolfenstein: Tides Of War.

I gotta say. I don't know about the rest of the folks who have been playing Soldiers Of Fortune II and Mace Griffin, but personally I am finding these games rather challenging. Mace especially.

Soldiers Of Fortune II was one that had to really grow on me. It didn't take but a couple days. I can't put it down now. I just started the Jungles Of Columbia, LOVIN it!

Graphically it's not even in the same ballpark with, Mace Griffin. Mace is quite stunning I think. As far as over-all gameplay, it's more of a rival. I'm all about jungle missions, heh. :cheers:

DocHoliday78
07-06-2003, 06:17 PM
Mace and SOF 2 are both pretty garbage games imo. RTCW is a much more solid game and has great replay value. If your into sports i would suggest Street 2

Splinter-Seal
07-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
Mace and SOF 2 are both pretty garbage games imo. RTCW is a much more solid game and has great replay value. If your into sports i would suggest Street 2

Doc, you're entitled to your opinion. I respect that. However, I am curious as to why you think those two games are garbage.

Just curious.

Mace is a very quality game. Sure it lacks M-Player, but we have Halo and Ghost Recon for that. I just don't understand how, Mace griffin could be considered garbage when it is one of the better games I have seen this year.

Again, I am respecting your opinion, I'm just curious as to why.

Thanks.

selowitch
07-06-2003, 06:28 PM
Here's what I want during the next several months:

NBA Street Vol. 2
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (7/15)***
Tennis Masters Series (7/15)

Star Trek: Shattered Universe (8/1)
Dino Crisis 3 (8/5)
Soul Calibur II (8/26)***

Dead or Alive Online (9/1)
Gladius (9/15)
Armada 2: Star Command (9/15)***
True Crime: Streets of L.A. (9/16)
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (9/22)

Deus Ex 2: Invisible War (10/1)
Wrath Unleashed (10/1)
Pitfall Harry (10/8)
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 (10/14)
ESPN (formerly Sega 2K4) Basketball (10/21)
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (10/25)

NBA Jam 2004 (11/3)
Star Wars: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy (11/5)***

Sudeki (12/1)

=========

I've been playing the demo of NBA Street Vol 2 a lot, and it is fabulous!!! :-) My favorite team consists of Isiah Thomas, Earvin "Magic" Johnson, and Bill Walton. My defense, at least against the computer, is pretty hard to penetrate with those three, and I can pretty much get first- and second- level gamebreakers at will. Of course, I'd face a much better challenge from a good human player (I live in a rural area and don't have many friends who like videogames).

Professor Kaos
07-07-2003, 12:59 AM
How bout Midtown Madness III or Midnight Club 2 or MotoGP 2? I've played them all and love them too bad I dont have $100 to get MC2 and MM3.

WynnFire
07-07-2003, 02:17 AM
I highly recommend Return To Castle Wolfenstein! I have the pc version and thought that the xbox version would be ok until I actually played it, online! It kicks ass online. I haven't had that much fun playing on XBL since, well...... ever!

Ford Mustang
07-07-2003, 10:40 AM
I agree with Wynnfire....RTCW is an awesome game online. I had it for the PC also but I decided to give it a try on Xbox...I'm really glad I did. This displaces Ghost Recon as my former favorite Live game. I also recommend MC2, it's a great game even if you don't have all the cars...I suppose..hehe It's a blast online too.

l Maximus l
07-08-2003, 01:35 AM
Personally, I think RTCW is garbage. I know, let the flames begin...but, I just can't get into it. The game is so damn limited that it's not even funny. It's the same tired missions over and over again...same objectives, etc. For multi-player, I think it's horrible.

It doesn't even come close to Halo or GR.

I'm really considering picking up MotoGP 2 pretty soon. I've played the full version of it (as opposed to only the demo) and it's a solid game. If you see me on XBL...just beware as I am a representative of The D.D.C. :cuss:

MerimacHamwich
07-08-2003, 02:28 AM
Get Pirates of the Caribbean. It may not have multiplayer but that makes a lick of difference. The game is pure soul, absolutely amazing from what I have played thus far.
:cheers:

jabrre
07-08-2003, 01:05 PM
I am planning on getting Midtown Madness 3; the ESPN collection whenever it comes out; and Unreal 2 in December (EBGames has it listed for preorder in December). I love UC so much (I am on the Skilled level right now, but about to finish it soon), so Unreal 2 is a no brainer for me.

However, I have over 30 XBOX games on my wish list. Most of them have been released in the last year or so. Gotham Racing is one game that I am planning on getting soon.

jelgiad
07-08-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by jabrre
I am planning on getting Midtown Madness 3; the ESPN collection whenever it comes out; and Unreal 2 in December (EBGames has it listed for preorder in December). I love UC so much (I am on the Skilled level right now, but about to finish it soon), so Unreal 2 is a no brainer for me.

However, I have over 30 XBOX games on my wish list. Most of them have been released in the last year or so. Gotham Racing is one game that I am planning on getting soon.

you do realzie that unreal 2 is not a sequel to unreal championship right? i heard that unreal 2 really sucked on pc, whereas unreal tournament 2k3 (championship on the box) was a really good game.

MerimacHamwich
07-08-2003, 05:57 PM
Alright, lets clear this up. Unreal was a story driven First Person shooter, no multiplayer involved. Then there was Unreal Tournament, which was simply a FPS sports game that focused on Multiplay only. Then there is Unreal Tournament 2003 (Unreal Championship) that is a sequel to Unreal Tournament. A game that focuses on multiplay. The sequel to Unreal is Unreal 2, a story driven FPS. I will also add the Unreal 2 does not suck, infact it is a really fun game. That graphics are also very impressive.

cheetahmanhood
07-08-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by selowitch
Here's what I want during the next several months:

NBA Street Vol. 2
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (7/15)***
Tennis Masters Series (7/15)

Star Trek: Shattered Universe (8/1)
Dino Crisis 3 (8/5)
Soul Calibur II (8/26)***

Dead or Alive Online (9/1)
Gladius (9/15)
Armada 2: Star Command (9/15)***
True Crime: Streets of L.A. (9/16)
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (9/22)

Deus Ex 2: Invisible War (10/1)
Wrath Unleashed (10/1)
Pitfall Harry (10/8)
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 (10/14)
ESPN (formerly Sega 2K4) Basketball (10/21)
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (10/25)

NBA Jam 2004 (11/3)
Star Wars: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy (11/5)***

Sudeki (12/1)

=========

I've been playing the demo of NBA Street Vol 2 a lot, and it is fabulous!!! :-) My favorite team consists of Isiah Thomas, Earvin "Magic" Johnson, and Bill Walton. My defense, at least against the computer, is pretty hard to penetrate with those three, and I can pretty much get first- and second- level gamebreakers at will. Of course, I'd face a much better challenge from a good human player (I live in a rural area and don't have many friends who like videogames).
How are you going to afford all these xbox games?
Anyways, I hope to afford at least 1/4 of them, and Nba Street Vol. 2 is a fabulous sport game, that every sport fan on xbox, ps2, and gamecube should own.

selowitch
07-08-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by cheetahmanhood

How are you going to afford all these xbox games?

Good question. After all, I do have other financial commitments (like my son's college education, for example) other than Xbox gamng. But at least I have a lot of good games to choose from. Obviously, I can't buy them all in one shot. I usually pay for games by rolling up my pocket change and taking the rolls to the bank every few months.

cheetahmanhood
07-08-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by selowitch

Good question. After all, I do have other financial commitments (like my son's college education, for example) other than Xbox gamng. But at least I have a lot of good games to choose from. Obviously, I can't buy them all in one shot. I usually pay for games by rolling up my pocket change and taking the rolls to the bank every few months.
I see.