PDA

View Full Version : just bought doa3-amped

BlAzE
12-12-2001, 11:22 AM
they are both great games wit greeeeeeeeeat graphics but cannot wait till riw to get here well im out yall but before i go i just wanted to let you all know max payne is out now and dizamn i have it for pc but its twice as better for the box so yall should check that game out peace ~OUT~

Ninja Scroll
12-12-2001, 02:56 PM
Why is Max Payne better on Xbox than PC?
Can I get some real reason please, not just saying it's better just to say it.
I dont own the game personally but maybe some good insite will swerve me too.;)

l Maximus l
12-12-2001, 03:42 PM
I actually heard that Max Payne is better on the XBox because the controllers were practically made for playing that game. This news came from the founder of Gamespot who also admits that he is not a big fan of the XBox controller! So, I found that to be interesting and maybe supports the idea that Max Payne is better on XBox than the PC. I have yet to play either versions.

1337h4x
12-12-2001, 06:39 PM
It cannot be better or worse. New levels and added surprises may seem better but it will drag the game out, and it has already been done enough. The game is SOOOOOOOOOO long and SOOOO repetitive, I never got lost once because it is a set path where to go and the enemies take 4 shots before they hit you, maybe if it was a tad harder and a tad shorter and the taking out of the "In the Mind" levels that totally lose point after the 2nd one

LynxFX
12-12-2001, 08:37 PM
Max Payne Long???? I don't think so. That is the biggest complaint I've seen is that it is too short. I've played it all on the pc and I was left wanting more.

Yes the game is pretty linear but it isn't an 'explore the world and find stuff' type of game. You find out who your next target is from clues and you go and get him. It is a game about revenge, not find the magic crystal.

And the 'dream sequences' were very well done. It breaks up the game nicely although I probably could have done with one less though. But very cool effects.

Otherwise it just sounds like this game isn't your cup of tea.

1337h4x
12-12-2001, 08:44 PM
I did not like the comic book, didnt read one bit of it, maybe thats why it wasnt good....

Ninja Scroll
12-13-2001, 12:01 PM
Max Payne is a REPETITIVE GAME:confused: :confused:

That's all I needed to know!

NOTE to SELF: Max Plain..I mean Payne is scratched off my maybe to buy list and on my "da hell with dat game list" now!:D

LynxFX
12-13-2001, 03:01 PM
No I don't think Max Payne is repetitive. Not as much as Halo anyway.

The only part where it seems like that is the dream sequences but you do one part of the dream at a time and then you redo (although in a different way) that part of the dream and the second time you do it you go further into the dream and the third time you complete the dream(nightmare). It is well done and very 'dreamlike' in how it is presented. I won't spoil anything but when you start the dream it creates the atmosphere perfectly by creating one of the most common nightmare scenarios. Very cool effect in a video game.

Play this at night with DD 5.1 and I bet it will put all 5 speakers through a workout.

There is nothing plain about max payne.