PDA

View Full Version : Smashing the blood and guts outta the Covenant (something you HAVE to do in Halo)

xboxgamer142
07-07-2003, 03:42 AM
Here is something that some of you may have all ready done. And if you haven't, then its really cool.

After you kill any Covenant, their corpse usually falls onto the ground. Then you can walk up to the corpse and press B (Melee Attack) with any of your weapons. Then their bloods and some pieces of flesh will squash out of their dead body.

You get different colors for different Covenant. For example Hunters have orange blood, while Grunts have blue blood. I just did this one day when I was really bored on Halo.

NOTE: THIS IS VERY GORY

Spellfire
07-07-2003, 09:00 AM
Do it with the flood :cool:

armyof_one/ltd
07-07-2003, 10:45 AM
Have you noticed that when you fire at specific spots of the human-like flood like their limbs and thorax you blow them up?
The coolest is the head!

Reclaimer
07-07-2003, 09:57 PM
The only thing I can say is that for how realistic the game is, there is a certain unrealistic factor to explosions and the effects on a character. Have you ever noticed that nobody actually get's blown apart? Now, I know that the game is not gore driven, and in certain cases, massive gore can detract from the game. But I just can't help to notice that if you put a grenade on someone, for the most part, they stay perfectly intact.
Sure MC bleeds alot, and leaves a good blood stain, but I think Bungie went soft when applying gore factors to the game.

I'm not looking for a gross out fest when playing a game, but sometimes I think it really adds to the realism factor, when blood spatters against the wall, or when players actually do fragment in an explosion.
Mace Griffin has the best blood effects I've seen in awhile, and I don't think it detracts from the game. Like when you shoot someone and you see the blood spurt out. (and hear it). Or when the blood sprays against the wall.

I'm not saying anything bad about Halo. It's just an observation.
Yeah, the flood come apart, but I guess that's not what I mean.

Ford Mustang
07-22-2003, 09:28 PM
I get what you mean. Something like the system in Soldier of Fortune 2. The effects in that game are extremely realistic in my book. An example is that if you snipe someone in the side of the head, that part of their head will be "removed"....or if you get hit with an RPG your legs, arms, etc...can be blown off depending on the site of impact.

Lord Vivic
07-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Well if your head gets blown off sow it back on and take some asprin.lol

mitch2025
07-29-2003, 06:21 PM
yea i agree that the explosion thing isnt realistic but who cares the game is awsome eather way

ghost 009
08-04-2003, 12:10 PM
I think soldier of fortune 2 went overboard on the gore in that game. I mean when you shoot someone in the stomach there intestines spilleverywhere.

DisturbedMonkey
08-07-2003, 05:17 PM
I'm with butterz, on Soldier of Fourtune 2, if u shoot them in the arm their arm fell off, same with every other body it just doesn't get fun after a while..
:(