PDA

View Full Version : Xbox regional jobs

JR Alberda
07-07-2003, 01:03 PM
Anyone here have a job with Xbox in thier area? Know anyone who does. I am wondering how to get a job with one of the xbox bus crews in my area or other jobs that have to do with Xbox. That Dew Den thing in Minni looks sweet, I want to get them to start one in the true largest mall in the world, West Edmonton Mall, here in Edmonton.

Anyone with info on getting regional xbox jobs, please post. Not for making games or anything, although I do have great ideas for games. But publicity type things etc.

Titty
07-07-2003, 03:57 PM
im a game tester at UBI Soft's main HQ in Montreal. they made splinter cell and making rainbow six 3 for xbox but thats bout it concerning xbox.

LynxFX
07-07-2003, 04:13 PM
I think you first need to get your foot in the door with their PR department. I doubt you could just say "I want to ride with your crew, here's my resume."

Then of course, a lot of the time they hire an outside PR firm to handle their PR so you would have to be with that 3rd party firm to land that job. But it could also just come down to being in the right place at the right time.

I would start calling up some PR offices and find out who's handling the Xbox in your area. See if you can't find a job that way.

l Maximus l
07-08-2003, 01:29 AM
The best way to get on with Microsoft is through Volt. Microsoft contracts with Volt Services and Volt employees work at Microsoft and represent Microsoft, but technically are Volt employees and get paid by Volt.

The way it works is that you may get paid $30 an hour and Volt charges Microsoft $36 an hour. So, for every hour you work, Volt makes $6. It's not a shabby deal for Volt especially since they have thousands of employees that work at Microsoft. This is just a rough guess on the numbers...of course, each job depends on the salary and I'm not 100% positive on the mark up.

But, most Microsoft employees are former Volt employees. So, if Microsoft likes you, they could decide to hire you on a permanent basis and become an MS employee.

I know all this because I live in the area where Microsoft is headquartered...and I'm actively trying to get on there right now....that is, unless something else that seems attractive comes up first.