PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw Volleyball

Robflare
07-07-2003, 02:24 PM
Finally, It's here. How many of you are psyched about this title? The graphics look tight and playing on line should be a blast.

oddworld20-3000
07-07-2003, 06:21 PM
Yeah that game looks even better than Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball. I am pretty psyched up actually. I'll wait for reviews before buying.

studepaber
07-07-2003, 06:46 PM
I will definitely get this game Weds. as I am a fan of Outlaw Golf's antics and look foward to some good VB gameplay. Should be a good game to play on Live as well.

Liquid Gears
07-07-2003, 06:47 PM
I haven't really looked into this title, but yeah, I'd love to give it a test drive on XBL. I own Outlaw Golf so I pretty much understand what this game will be like.

CrazyCougar
07-07-2003, 09:48 PM
Man it looks good. And any volleyball game has to be better than the eye candy game DOAX. That game was pathetic in terms of being a volleyball game. I can't wait to put up a few walls and bring the hammer down on live.

Shadow20002
07-07-2003, 10:56 PM
Man..this is not what you think about volleyball game, you must think volleyball with super rules added. :cool:

SkoalMint
07-08-2003, 07:56 AM
This game is looking pretty good. Check out the press release here (http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/cb_headline.cgi?&story_file=bw.070803/231895315&directory=/google&header_file=header.htm&footer_file=). It appears that the first 150,000 copies will contain a bonus music sampler from the band Diffuser.

BigJosh359
07-08-2003, 08:07 AM
I will definately have this game this week. After playing when i went to San Diego, oh billy, Im ready.

I went over to www.dearsummer.com and i noticed something. See if you all can notice what i saw from these LIVE shots of summer found here! (http://www.dearsummer.com/snaps2.htm)

RudedogX
07-08-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Josh-XBA
I will definately have this game this week. After playing when i went to San Diego, oh billy, Im ready.

I went over to www.dearsummer.com and i noticed something. See if you all can notice what i saw from these LIVE shots of summer found here! (http://www.dearsummer.com/snaps2.htm)
Is it better than how it played at E3 then? I didn't care for it much then.:huh:

BigJosh359
07-08-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX

Is it better than how it played at E3 then? I didn't care for it much then.:huh:

I think it was the same, but the more time you spent playing the game, the better the controls felt. This is definately no DOA XBV.

Robflare
07-08-2003, 08:27 AM

I didn't see anything particularly different. She's wearing a butt floss which looks awesome, but nothing else?

BigJosh359
07-08-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Robflare

I didn't see anything particularly different. She's wearing a butt floss which looks awesome, but nothing else?

The watermark on the photos? They used my pics from when i went to San Diego!

Outlaw Volleyball Media Event pics (http://www.xboxaddict.com/scrapbooks/view_all_images.php?Scrapbook_ID=8)

Robflare
07-08-2003, 08:38 AM
Cool. Hey, do the girls boobs move around alot like on DOA?

BigJosh359
07-08-2003, 08:41 AM
LOL!!! :rofl: :rofl:

You will have to either demo the game in the store or BUY it to find that out. I dont think anyone will be disappointed with this game. But that is just my opinion.

RudedogX
07-08-2003, 08:42 AM

The watermark on the photos? They used my pics from when i went to San Diego!

Outlaw Volleyball Media Event pics (http://www.xboxaddict.com/scrapbooks/view_all_images.php?Scrapbook_ID=8)
LMAO! I didn't even catch that! That's hilarious!

Cybiker
07-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Josh...isn't that like copyright infringement? Cant you sue for like big bucks for that?:D :cheers:

RudedogX
07-09-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Cybiker
Josh...isn't that like copyright infringement? Cant you sue for like big bucks for that?:D :cheers:
I'm guessing he gave them permission. Otherwise, yeah, he probably could.

Snoop E
07-09-2003, 09:48 AM
ya man im getting this game prollbaly going to rent it first though. but ya i was syched(dont know how to spell that) about this title since i heard i played outlaw golf thought it was good but didnt have enough money to buy it so i just left it on the shelfs. but because this is an xbox live title i will be buying it just for that.

Robflare
07-09-2003, 12:07 PM
I just bought it and can't wait to get home to try it out after work today. I'll give you guys the 411 and will compare it to DOA.

BigJosh359
07-09-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX

I'm guessing he gave them permission. Otherwise, yeah, he probably could.

I emailed them thanking them actually. All i care about is that watermark of Xboxaddict in the corner. :)

jschelm
07-09-2003, 02:43 PM
I just bought it and can't wait to get home to try it out after work today. I'll give you guys the 411 and will compare it to DOA.

I just got it too, but I hope that it isn't possible to compare it with DOA, I didn't really consider that a video game.

Robflare
07-09-2003, 03:13 PM
You know, I didn't buy DOA, but might eventually. I liked the gambling piece part actually and it was kind of a relaxing game. I did think the game play was extremely shallow and they really should have come up with more courts or something. That's why I waited for Outlaw. I'm wondering how the graphics will stack up though.

Particleman
07-09-2003, 08:45 PM
I still think doa volleyball is better

fightclub
07-09-2003, 09:00 PM
OK, so which of the two volleyball games is the one with bare racks and such? (heard about it before release - can't remember which one...)

CrazyCougar
07-09-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Particleman
I still think doa volleyball is better

And you made this assumption how? The game was just released today for gawd's sake! DOA was a role playing game, it definitely wasnt a volleyball game. Real volleyball was non existent in DOA, where as, especially with live play, OG will most likely focus ont he game itself then the T & A.

Xbox Owner
07-09-2003, 10:12 PM
lol, here's a big boob code:

Big Boobs

Hold the L trigger and press the following sequence: B, up, up B, Y (Get it?)

lol, does it work? it was on xbox365

CrazyCougar
07-09-2003, 10:54 PM
I've seen that in several sites. Sounds legit. There's another to create big heads as well.

Piccolo_DBz
07-10-2003, 06:55 AM
It does I tried it during gameplay and it works like a charm. :cheers:

RudedogX
07-10-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Piccolo_DBz
It does I tried it during gameplay and it works like a charm. :cheers:
So how is the game then?!?:huh:

jschelm
07-10-2003, 07:55 AM
For those of you wondering about the game let me tell you I love it! If you are looking for an actual volleyball game than this is definately your best choice (as of now). I will give a very quick breakdown.

Gameplay - Extremely fast and smooth. The controls are fairly quick to get used to, but the game itself is not easy to master. I spent about 2-3 hours playing last night and I still was having a difficult time on occasion winning the match. The fighting is also pretty cool. It has a pretty good balance in difficulty, so it isn't a sure way to increase your momentum. My one complaint here is that right off the bat I had to turn off player reactions because it didn't only show them when there was an amazing play, but after every single point...It got annoying really quick.

Graphics - They are about on the same level as outlaw golf which I would call pretty good...and for those of you wondering, yes the girl's boobs do bounce.

Sound - The soundtrack is good and the gameplay sounds are good. I love the off color and totally politically incorrect announcer comments, the first time I heard them, unfortunately though they tend to get old pretty quick.

Overall I highly recommend this game if you liked outlaw golf.

RudedogX
07-10-2003, 08:13 AM
Have you tried this game on Live? And if so, how is it on there?

Robflare
07-10-2003, 08:35 AM
I played for about 1/2 hour last night. It's very similar to Outlaw Golf from the standpoint of humor. The camera angle is much higher than DOA and the game speed is closer to a real volleyball simulation. Right off the bat I would say this is a good game and I am not dissapointed. I do think the camera could have been a little lower and switched from side to side on the net, but the game play would suffer somewhat. The characters look very good, and the Brooklyn roof top we are playing on looks good--not great, but good. I have not played on Live yet, simply because I want to unlock better players. Initially you only have 4 players to choose from and you unlock them as you win events on the tour. The tour itself appears to be much more in depth than DOA and the gameplay actually has some serious strategy.

If you like volleyball and like offensive humor it's a no brainer. This is not a sugary sweet game like DOA. It's serious Volleyball, combined with slapstick humor, and small bathing suits. I hope this helps and I will add more after I play this weekend.

One final thing, open the case and check out the disk before you leave the store. I got one with a slight cut in the disk and traded it for a different one that night. Apparently a number of these disks have that scratch.

studepaber
07-10-2003, 08:54 AM

One final thing, open the case and check out the disk before you leave the store. I got one with a slight cut in the disk and traded it for a different one that night. Apparently a number of these disks have that scratch.

About that, in the Hypnotix forums a dev said that teh scratch won't affect gameplay and said it was a packaging mishap. I have one with a scratch and nothing has gone haywire....BTW the game is an excellent VB game, displays some nice T&A (and some lez action as well :yikes: ) Have yet to play the game on Live but probably will tonight.

Piccolo- do you have to pause the game to get the codes to work? maybe I'm not doing them right.........

jschelm
07-10-2003, 10:14 AM
I haven't played on live yet either because I live too far out in the country to get broadband internet :cry:

RudedogX
07-10-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by jschelm
I haven't played on live yet either because I live too far out in the country to get broadband internet :cry:
No excuses!:D

CrazyCougar
07-10-2003, 03:05 PM
Yes, all retailer received an email to immediately exchange the "defective" disks if a customer requests it. I have been playing mine this morning and it froze on me once. I might take it back tonight and get a new one, or I may just play through the night and see if any more problems arise.

It looks as though the packaging machine which puts the disk into the tray is what caused these "lines" . Just be warey its there guys if your game starts causing problems.

As for the game! YES! Finally a great volleyball game with gameplay and T & A. Woot! I can see I'll be up late tonight, but I havent played on LIVE with it yet. I'll get better first.

Robflare
07-10-2003, 03:12 PM
The other factor is that you may have trouble trading the game in later with a line on it, so I would definitely open it to check for any defects before walking out of the store.

CrazyCougar
07-10-2003, 04:30 PM
The guys at EB actually opened them for me after asking me if I would mind. They checked 3 and gave me the best one...also allowing me to look at them and agree which was best. That was prett kewl I would say. The disks do work with the line on them, just be aware if you start having problems take it back immediately. I have one with a line ans still so far so good, only 1 freeze. But heck my xbox has doen that with other games so I'll just overlook it a little.

clk320
07-11-2003, 12:18 AM
Hey Robflare - you know that you can chanhe the camera angle right? If you pause the game and go into the options you can choose from 5 different cameras. One of them movers from side to side like you said.

Snoop E
07-11-2003, 05:56 AM
man i rented this game and its amazing, i probally gonna buy it sometime this week, although i hadent had to much xboxlive exp. on this yet from what i can see it should be good.:) :cheers:

Robflare
07-11-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by clk320
Hey Robflare - you know that you can chanhe the camera angle right? If you pause the game and go into the options you can choose from 5 different cameras. One of them movers from side to side like you said.

Thanks so much! I played for about 3 hours last night. I love this game!!! I can't see myself playing on Live for a while though, until I progress through the tour.

CrazyCougar
07-11-2003, 01:04 PM
I dont see myself playing much onlive either yet, unless a friend comes along and wants to play. This game is so much fun!

Robflare
07-11-2003, 01:15 PM
I'll keep an eye out for you on XBL Cougar.

Acid
07-11-2003, 01:37 PM
I'll be picking this up later today

Add me to XBL and I'll play some of you :)

CrazyCougar
07-11-2003, 10:55 PM
I'll be out there guys, i'll do the same and watch for ya'll.

cybrdude
07-12-2003, 12:11 AM
Game rocks, hands down.. Already posted a user review.. Played a few games on LIVE the last few nights, I am 2 and 1, not bad.

Late.

Acid
07-12-2003, 12:27 AM
Holy crap!

I've played 6 hours straight...it's addicting, you just can't drop the controller

I had the longest rallies on Pro difficulty, and I unlocked Summer...her Reactions can be hilarious at points

Overall, I LOVE this game...glad I bought it :D

Piccolo_DBz
07-12-2003, 01:52 AM
The game is addicting like the golf version. Gotta love it

LTM360
07-12-2003, 08:58 AM
comepletly off subject, but Outlaw Volleyball just made out local news due to its content. My mom "Looks like you arn't getting this!"