PDA

View Full Version : Tips on beating Halo

ChaZ
12-12-2001, 02:47 PM
How? I use co-op player mode.

Yes, I play--using two shooters. What I would do is put one shooter in one safe place and use other as a kamikaze shooter. That way, I won't have to worry about starting allllll ooooover again if I die! :(

Here's more cool tips:

When playing co-op and you have to destroy the pulse generator, hide one of the shooter in the air duct. Jump in and walk all the way and turn around. When you use your kamikaze shooter to touch the pulse generator to destroy it, all the baddies will come out of the air duct, without noticing your "safe" shooter. I tried to leave safe shooter inside the hallway but those baddies came out of nowhere and killed both of my shooters!

I also noticed playing Kamikaze shooter is more FUN! I end up trying to use melee attack on Hunters or try to throw grenades at tanks. I was just playing around for fun and one of hunter accidently shot down one banshee! *laughs*

Oh, another tip... if you are trying to get into control room, and you're on the bridge, you don't have to go in there to take elevator to the bottom level. And if you're not successful in shooting a banshee with a rocket launcher to prevent them from using it, you can jump off the middle of bridge onto the angled building structure and you'll only lose half of your health meter and you can walk up the angled structure and slide down to the last 2nd platform and not activate any hunters or grunts and you only have to deal with the baddies behind the big door. (Of course, get in the turret and shoot everything that moves fast!)

Feel free to throw in your tips!

-ChaZ

1337h4x
12-12-2001, 06:40 PM
not dieing....

ChaZ
12-22-2001, 10:56 PM
I did it by accident. I was running backward away from hunter as it tried to swipe his shield at me. When He was raising his shield in air, showing his orange belly, I pulled my pistol trigger by accident and one bang--he's dead.

That means I don't have to side-step away from a hunter as it charge at me, turn around then shoot at its back. I prefer just to run backward and aim the pistol at the stomach, then shoot as it does the shield-raising technique.

Hope this help you guys. Again, feel free to add your tips on playing better in Halo, to keep this topic alive.

-ChaZ

monkeyman
12-23-2001, 10:07 AM
run over people and your friends one day i was in a jeep i ran over a couple of my crew members their like woah watch out then i started shooting them and they shot me back so i ran away for a while then came back aqnd their like im keeping my eye on you so im like how and i shot them again and now its only me and like 3 people

Brian
12-23-2001, 12:43 PM
LOL!:D

Alec
12-23-2001, 10:10 PM
Yes been there done that, I was playing with my friend, his first time playing X-Box and he loves it. Well back to what I was saying, I was driving the warthog my friend manning the Sentry. I parked the warthog and went over to the marines and shot a rocket at them and killed 2 maybe 3. And then they started to retaliate, and all the while my friend had jumped in the drivers seat of the warthog and was driving off and that was my last rocket. So the freaking Marines killed me!!!

Supperdog
12-25-2001, 07:20 PM
another thing that works (especially on ledgendary), and while this may be obvious to some; but it saved my life; is a great way to kill jackals. bring out your assault rifle and start emptying the clip into their shields while you rush the poor bastards. this will push them back and surpress their attacks. when you're about a foot away, stop firing, leap at them, and use a melee attack. you'll either get them from above and give em a healthy crack on the head, or you'll stick the butt of your gun through their shield, and BOOM! no more jackal. you can also use this tactic against elites :D

another tactic is sorta matrix-y. grunts who carry the plasma pistol have a tendancy to fire in bursts of three, to keep the gun from overheating. when you're about a yard away, as soon as the first bolt leaves the weapon, leap into the air and strafe to one side. the other two shots will be fired, and if you're good, you will have cleanly evaded them. while the grunt takes a second to readjust to your maneuvers, you'll have about a second (while you're still in the air, you know how you sorta float, right?) to fire a couple rounds in that guy's brainbox.

JJaX
12-26-2001, 10:58 AM
This is a good tip for ruining the game. Have fun Suckas!

Supperdog
12-26-2001, 11:27 AM
Huh? My tip(s)?

JJaX
12-26-2001, 02:36 PM
The original post. Just makes the game lame. I bet you never beat contra with out 30 lives huh ;)

PLay legendary the ways its meant to play. But thats just my opinion. Maybe people will enjoy it like this.....

Supperdog
12-26-2001, 03:16 PM
o

The Terminator
12-27-2001, 08:03 PM
I've never realized Hunters had a weakspot on their stomachs... I'm going to have to test this =]

I've always just killed em by beating the crap outta them with whatever weapon I have. It conserves ammo.

JJaX
12-28-2001, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by The Terminator
I've never realized Hunters had a weakspot on their stomachs... I'm going to have to test this =]

I've always just killed em by beating the crap outta them with whatever weapon I have. It conserves ammo.

The most effiecient way to kill hunters is to get them close enough so they try to melee attack you. Simply side step and punch them in the back. Repeat until Hunter is dead.

Supperdog
12-30-2001, 05:23 PM
lol theres nothin like poppin a pistol round in a hunter's back and bringing him down :eek:

Cottrau
12-31-2001, 12:07 PM
heh. I favor doing it with a covy pistol so i can actually punch him :) The assault rifle hurts him a lot more though. There is also away to kill the guys (cant think of name) with the blue light swords. Charge up and blast them with a covy pistol, then bludgeon them until they die.

xbox own$ j00.

The Terminator
12-31-2001, 10:49 PM
Those sword guys are too dangerous to try and melee IMO. I just attatch a nice little plasma grenade to their forehead, and run away laughing. On legendary, I have to shoot them a little bit after the nade goes off tho...

straygod
01-01-2002, 10:34 AM
I don't shoot Hunters in the stomach, 'cause that's just too cruel. I prefer to roll them over and scratch their little tummies, it makes them thump the ground with a leg, and they just wag their little tails so happily when I do that.............they're real fun to take duck-hunting down by the river, too.

shannon22
01-01-2002, 10:39 AM
if playing co-op always walk behind just in case you get a nasty urge to smack him but make sure he dont do the same to you

also dont put plasma gernads on your self this helps a lot:D

straygod
01-01-2002, 10:41 AM
In the first mission, Pillar of Autumn (cute name for a warship...Japanese-built cruiser, eh? I wonder how many miles to a gallon it gets?) after you get ammo for the pistol, go back to the bridge and terminate Cpt. Keyes, and enjoy the friendly reaction from the crew. Hint: these guys don't believe in wasting money on court-martials!!!

monkeyman
01-01-2002, 11:59 AM
you know what would be great if you got the hunters armor or weapon their gun is crazy

Plewis
01-01-2002, 08:35 PM
A good thing to do is to shoot the enemies in the head. This doubles the pain, except on the assault rifle. When playing multiplayer, I run up to the person I'm playing, and I shoot him with the pistol (my favorite gun) in the head a few times, till I have to reload, then I melee him in the head. Sure killer. One question. Can you go down ladders once you've gone up and jumped off?