PDA

View Full Version : Full Spectrum Warrior

Corona
07-07-2003, 06:53 PM
yeh, just wondering why i haven't heard or seen any juice about this game from you guys on this web site?

I just signed up to that web site Gamespot, and realized that there was an army game listed like #2 behind KOTOR of anticipated xbox games. From what i saw i like thsi much better than "Conflict" which i own, and it looks much better than the sequal which Xbaddict seems psyched about. Oh and it's made by the US ARMY to help train their soldiers during there leggier time!!!!

JJaX
07-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Yea, i wathced the IGN movies a month ago and you can get them over at http://www.gametrailers.com

There like a 15 min video showing off how the game plays.

Its more of a RTS game, not a FPS.

studepaber
07-07-2003, 07:00 PM
I've watched the same movies as you did and they look amazing IMO. The game looks to be the best squad tactical shooter yet (yes better than BF) and should get some good competition from Conflict Desert Strom 2 (right title?) when they come out. This game would rule as a Live title, although it doesn't seem like it will be one, but with so many tactical options it should still be one to buy.

Viper87227
07-07-2003, 08:08 PM
ive seen screens and read articals...my 56k doesnt do movies....but i do like what ive seen....looks like a game i might be obligated to buy :D

Shadow20002
07-07-2003, 10:50 PM
Off-topic, your sig is weird JJaX.... :p

Reclaimer
07-08-2003, 05:56 AM
I was all for FSW, it looks great and everything. But I'm having an issue with the fact that you don't do anything but give orders to the soldiers in your squad. Meaning, you control no one full time. Yeah, it's a different take on the squad based theme, but come on, I can't just sit there while the action is hot. I need to get in there and actually fire some rounds too.

It's like playing Conflict Desert Storm, but not actually in full time control of one character. From what I read, you float with the squad and command the team.

Strange. This is according to last month's GI mag.

prakeem
07-08-2003, 06:07 AM
I was all for FSW, it looks great and everything. But I'm having an issue with the fact that you don't do anything but give orders to the soldiers in your squad. Meaning, you control no one full time. Yeah, it's a different take on the squad based theme, but come on, I can't just sit there while the action is hot. I need to get in there and actually fire some rounds too.

That's what I have been hearing too! I totally agree, and if that is indeed how the game is played, that blows. This game looks too good to be true, and I guess it is if I can't even pull a trigger. Why why why? :cry:

Reclaimer
07-08-2003, 07:12 AM
I guess it would appeal to some gamers. But I know that it would appeal to a larger base if you played it like Brute Force, or Conflict Desert Storm. I'd hate to see a game that has so much potiential as this, get handicapped right off the bat because you aren't exactly an active participant. This game has huge potiential, and I see problems already.

Corona
07-08-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Corona
y From what i saw i like thsi much better than "Conflict" which i own, and it looks much better than the sequal which Xbaddict seems psyched about. Oh and it's made by the US ARMY to help train their soldiers during there leggier time!!!!

For the last three reponces i quote myself, this game is made by the US ARMY for the US ARMY, which in end result means that this game will be rue to opreration war fair!!

Can't beat that, i have conflict and the game lacks reliability from it's AI which is what this games seems as if it will thrive on it. In conflict you also did not have "Fulltime" comand of a character which is why when you died you were able to keep the mission going with one of your squad members.

In this game we won't have to cry about how the AI costs us our completion of a mission by hudlleing over a bomb or something idiotic along those lines.

cheetahmanhood
07-08-2003, 10:54 PM
Full Spectrum Warrior looks good, but their are other games I'am excited about like Medal Of Honor Rising Sun, and Men Of Valor: Vietnam.