PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever imagine the future of gaming?

nycgamer
07-08-2003, 05:13 PM
When I was a kid, I used to imagine what games would be like in the future – this was back when I was playing Pac Man, Donkey Kong and Tempest, etc. As luck would have it, games now are pretty much the way I had hoped they would turn out back then. Now I’m starting to imagine concepts that are probably already being developed, or thought of by someone else. I think eventually we’ll be able to put on a helmet of some kind and be surrounded by a virtual digital world that looks and sounds just like the real thing. I think a great game with this type of technology would be to recreate actual wars, like the Civil War or Normandy Beach again, only you’re surrounded by the action and this time is much more realistic – like the movies. What video game concepts have you thought of?

Shadow20002
07-08-2003, 05:55 PM
Maybe we gonna reach this technology...by the year 2010 !! :watchout:

cheetahmanhood
07-08-2003, 06:19 PM
I think games of the future, will have movie like graphics in them, and be so realistic, that they will be like a kind of movie.

JJaX
07-08-2003, 06:28 PM
When i was a kid, playing my Atari. I thought by now we would have flying cars and robot people living in unity with us. :D

Viper87227
07-08-2003, 08:11 PM
when i think of what games will be in the futute....i dont think of insane technology we cant possable achieve now....I pretty much just picture the games of today with Final Fantasy Movie grafix :D

thrAsher
07-08-2003, 08:19 PM
I've thought about this often lately. I think that ultimately the desire for realism and interactivity is going to produce a hybrid of what we think of today as movies and video games. It's happening to an extent, the best (as far as conceptually) example being the Matrix threesome (Reloaded, Enter the Matrix, and Animatrix).

As technology advances, and as hardware becomes cheaper to produce and buy, the gap between movies and games, in fact even television and gaming, is going to become so narrow that, like many of you have said, it will be a cinematic, interactive, realistic format.

Particleman
07-09-2003, 12:25 PM
sum of the thing that i think should happen in the future wouldnt like me ruling the world

nycgamer
07-09-2003, 03:02 PM
When you look at how far things have come just in the last couple of decades, it's not far from possible that games could be complete interactive movie-like experiences well within the next couple of decades. If you look at little advances they're already making, it's pretty exciting. Kill Switch is a good example of these little advances - the A.I. is going to be significantly better than what you typically see and offensive cover fire / blind firing will be introduced into the 3PS genre (this is all based on what they've described so far --->http://www.killswitch.com/). Games like Resident Evil Zero are practically life-like in their appearance already (if you can excuse the way the characters move like drunk cows on rollerskates).

nycgamer
07-10-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher
I've thought about this often lately. I think that ultimately the desire for realism and interactivity is going to produce a hybrid of what we think of today as movies and video games....., in fact even television and gaming, is going to become so narrow that, like many of you have said, it will be a cinematic, interactive, realistic format.

I'll drink to that.

thrAsher
07-10-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Particleman
sum of the thing that i think should happen in the future wouldnt like me ruling the world

Particleman: maybe in the future you might learn the English language, as well as ... whatever the hell you type-mumbled.

:huh: :p

And nycgamer, here ya go :cheers:

kenji
07-11-2003, 09:51 AM
When my brother and I were playing Deathrow, we thought it would be awsome to actually play. You would step into a small closet like room that had a tread mill for a floor. So when you run, you are actually running the speed that you yourself are running. When you jump, the treadmill is like a trampoline, so that you jump higher than a normal person. When you fight, you can fight however you want. For instance, I would put the goalie in a headlock while my brother scores. The only problem was how would we be able to pass and shoot the disk? Pretty sweet idea, eh? It could work for almost any game, come to think of it. Imagine having a lightsaber in you hands while you travel around the galaxy in the upcoming (in 5 days) KOTOR, or blasting away Covenant or your friends in Halo 2. Damn, heaven would have a hard time competing with that.:cheers:

ChiZel_MunKee
07-11-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by kenji
When my brother and I were playing Deathrow, we thought it would be awsome to actually play. You would step into a small closet like room that had a tread mill for a floor. So when you run, you are actually running the speed that you yourself are running. When you jump, the treadmill is like a trampoline, so that you jump higher than a normal person. When you fight, you can fight however you want. For instance, I would put the goalie in a headlock while my brother scores. The only problem was how would we be able to pass and shoot the disk? Pretty sweet idea, eh? It could work for almost any game, come to think of it. Imagine having a lightsaber in you hands while you travel around the galaxy in the upcoming (in 5 days) KOTOR, or blasting away Covenant or your friends in Halo 2. Damn, heaven would have a hard time competing with that.:cheers:

Interacticve gaming like that would be sweet. That way gamers would be in better shape. :) btw, I feel nothing we can imagine can compete with Heaven.

BunnyRabbit
07-11-2003, 11:36 AM

Particleman: maybe in the future you might learn the English language, as well as ... whatever the hell you type-mumbled.

here is what particle man said ill translate for you...
"Some of the things that I think should happen In the future Wont happen....Like me ruling the world..."

Marc, That will never happen:p lol

thrAsher
07-11-2003, 11:44 AM
Thanks Bunny. I almost had an aneurism trying to decipher your homies 'code' there.

Shadow20002
07-11-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
When i was a kid, playing my Atari. I thought by now we would have flying cars and robot people living in unity with us. :D

Oh i was the same as you but, flying cars is too much to make like you must modifying everything... :p

nycgamer
07-11-2003, 03:35 PM

LOL at that first part - I couldn't decipher 'homie's code' either, and :cheers:

trabucles
07-13-2003, 10:32 PM
Next xbox and ps3 will have the same quality graphics as the "final fantasy" movie.. (i hope so), maybe in 10 or 20 years will have the all dreamed virtual reality, I guess they will be some kind of glasses, like the one's right now that have tv on 1 side of the glasses.

About flying cars, I guess they wont appear at least in 100 years or more, but whats the point of having flying cars? I think it means more pollution, I rather prefer teletransportation. Faster and no pollution.

Unreal
07-13-2003, 11:06 PM
No. Unless it concerns what new game to buy.