PDA

View Full Version : Burnout 2, Midtown Madness 3, Moto GP 2, SOF2, or Midnight Club 2?

cheetahmanhood
07-08-2003, 06:13 PM
Which two of these five great recent titles should I purchase?
Burnout 2?
Soldier Of Fortune 2?
Midtown Madness 3?
Midnight Club 2?
Or Moto GP 2?

please vote on poll.
nice site by the way.

Viper87227
07-08-2003, 08:14 PM
motogp2 and mm3 i said...

oh and btw not to flame but your sig is fugly.....game screenshots just dont do it for me....dont show your personality. ALso i think it might be too big....i dunno if you can have more than one pic that size...but thats something i leave up to a mod to decide :cheers:

Discretion
07-08-2003, 08:47 PM
I ment to vote for 2 but I only voted for MotoGP 2. The two I would have voted for are MotoGP 2 and Midtown Madness 3 :cheers:

cheetahmanhood
07-08-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Discretion
I ment to vote for 2 but I only voted for MotoGP 2. The two I would have voted for are MotoGP 2 and Midtown Madness 3 :cheers: thanks, and I viewed your game collection, and saw that you own 4 of these games. Can you give me your opinions on Soldier Of Fortune, and Midnight Club 2?
I might be able to afford 3, if I spend my money for wario world on cube, for one of these two games.

xbox genius
07-08-2003, 11:27 PM
You know what? I have the EXACT same problem as you... lol . i didnt know what games between those to pick either but i voted for MM3 and burnout 2. i like both of these games... midnight club 2 does not catch my attention, oh and motogp2 is also good, but not as good as MM3 and burnout 2

BigJosh359
07-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Burnout 2, hands down. Crashing is the best!

diranged
07-09-2003, 12:09 AM
burnout sucked monkey a$$. every damn crash it went into a replay, that was worthless. i played mm3 and its one of the best car games in my opinion. i have sof2 and its awsome especially on live. if u have live and want to drive get mm3 . and if u want to blow off limbs(shedding a tear) wich is my favorite, then get sof2.
:cheers:

cheetahmanhood
07-09-2003, 12:10 AM
Well, the two games that I really want so far, are Burnout 2, and Moto Gp 2. I really want MM3, but I'm traveling to bolivia for a few months, so I will not be able to play on live, but If I can possibly afford all three, then I will try my hardest to do so.

diranged
07-09-2003, 12:15 AM
get sof2 it will keep you company in bolivia. i would not get burnout 2 i would get moto gp2 i played part one and it was good. im not really into car games more into the fps, and sof 2 is my favorite right now

Discretion
07-09-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by cheetahmanhood
thanks, and I viewed your game collection, and saw that you own 4 of these games. Can you give me your opinions on Soldier Of Fortune, and Midnight Club 2?
I might be able to afford 3, if I spend my money for wario world on cube, for one of these two games.

Soldier of Fortune II isn't a bad game. It depends if you like arcade based first person shooters. It's a pretty sweet game if you enjoy FPS a lot and blowing limbs off of people. It's all on taste, but I recommend a rent first. I personally love the game, but that's my taste. It isn't near the best game ever for most people, that's why I recommend a rent.

Midnight Club II is a pretty neat game in my eyes. You have to unlock everything offline before the car is even availble for online. That's a major downside but then again, that's how some games are. The lobby system in Midnight Club II are probably the worst I have ever seen though. You can't accept friend invites or see what game your friends are playing once you are in game. You can check your friend list, but with no info really given except for who is online. That's not what I really need to know when I look at my list. Another downside to online play is once you start the game up, no one can join. You can't switch game types, cars, or get more players in the game. You have to stick it out with the stuff you started. The only way to get new players is to close the game session and then re-open it. It kind of reminds me of MechAssault when it first came out. The only difference is you can do a game then play again but no switching anything. I may of sounded negative, but keep reading. This game is by far more enjoyable then some if you are a fan of Arcade racing. From driving down a straight and hitting the NOS, to sliding around in the rain or doing burnouts, it's all fun. The thing I dis-like is you have to listen to the burned out music they supply. This game doesn't have the worst music, but it's bad enough to drive you nuts. The techno is bland except for a few songs.WHERE THE HECK IS CUSTOM SOUNDTRACK WHEN YOU NEED IT?! Stupid ROCKSTAR and the company who made this game were idiots not to add it... I do suggest this one as a rental first as it isn't even like the first installment of Midnight Club. Plus all the errors they made in this game totally kill it. I enjoy it but it could have been better. Take my word on it, Save your money and rent and decide for yourself. There are way to many flaws

Discretion
07-09-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by diranged
get sof2 it will keep you company in bolivia. i would not get burnout 2 i would get moto gp2 i played part one and it was good. im not really into car games more into the fps, and sof 2 is my favorite right now

MotoGP 2 is a lot different then the first MotoGP in many ways. There are the new tracks but the game play itself adds to it. It handles almost like the old one, but now with the bike-setup feature, it helps us riders out. Lap times are being pulled even faster then before due to this so the engine gets different depending on your setup. The nice thing is you can make it to your preference and you can decide how you control in some ways. :)

By the way, I know a lot about MotoGP 2 so send me a PM if you ever have questions and I will try and answer them. I love being ranked 42 overall :D

Particleman
07-09-2003, 01:21 PM
mm3 is the best

Shadow20002
07-09-2003, 01:57 PM
If i were you, i will choose MM3 and MC2..the two best so far i think !! ;)

cheetahmanhood
07-09-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Discretion

Soldier of Fortune II isn't a bad game. It depends if you like arcade based first person shooters. It's a pretty sweet game if you enjoy FPS a lot and blowing limbs off of people. It's all on taste, but I recommend a rent first. I personally love the game, but that's my taste. It isn't near the best game ever for most people, that's why I recommend a rent.

Midnight Club II is a pretty neat game in my eyes. You have to unlock everything offline before the car is even availble for online. That's a major downside but then again, that's how some games are. The lobby system in Midnight Club II are probably the worst I have ever seen though. You can't accept friend invites or see what game your friends are playing once you are in game. You can check your friend list, but with no info really given except for who is online. That's not what I really need to know when I look at my list. Another downside to online play is once you start the game up, no one can join. You can't switch game types, cars, or get more players in the game. You have to stick it out with the stuff you started. The only way to get new players is to close the game session and then re-open it. It kind of reminds me of MechAssault when it first came out. The only difference is you can do a game then play again but no switching anything. I may of sounded negative, but keep reading. This game is by far more enjoyable then some if you are a fan of Arcade racing. From driving down a straight and hitting the NOS, to sliding around in the rain or doing burnouts, it's all fun. The thing I dis-like is you have to listen to the burned out music they supply. This game doesn't have the worst music, but it's bad enough to drive you nuts. The techno is bland except for a few songs.WHERE THE HECK IS CUSTOM SOUNDTRACK WHEN YOU NEED IT?! Stupid ROCKSTAR and the company who made this game were idiots not to add it... I do suggest this one as a rental first as it isn't even like the first installment of Midnight Club. Plus all the errors they made in this game totally kill it. I enjoy it but it could have been better. Take my word on it, Save your money and rent and decide for yourself. There are way to many flaws
Thanks for your opinions on the games, I think it is best to get SOF2 out of the two games, since I love games like unreal championship, and Max Payne.
So my new buylist will be:
1.Moto GP 2 (this one is for sure)
2.MM3(this one is for sure)
3.SOF2(maybe later this year)
4.Burnout 2(if I can afford an extra game this month, it will be between this, and SOF2.