PDA

View Full Version : Help Becoming Arch-Mage

jschelm
07-09-2003, 04:05 PM
I was wondering something here. I beat Trebonius pretty early in the game and I have the journal entry that says I am now the head of the Mage's Guild, however, my stats page and everyone I talk to still says that I am of a lower level. When I inquire about becoming arch mage everyone tells me that only Trebonius can do that....Is there any way around this?

Thanks

SlightlySycho
07-09-2003, 08:46 PM
Sounds like you killed a quest character. Even if you're supposed to kill him, I think you need some sort of prompt in order to satisfy all the conditions. Unfortunately, I don't think there's anyway around this.

EHWfedPres
07-10-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho
Sounds like you killed a quest character. Even if you're supposed to kill him, I think you need some sort of prompt in order to satisfy all the conditions. Unfortunately, I don't think there's anyway around this.

Yeah, but it doesnt really matter if you dont care about not having the rank show up in your menu...I killed him and didnt even do half the mage quild quests, so according to me...im the leader of the mages guild. :cool:

Shadow20002
07-12-2003, 02:34 PM
Oh...why just keep hanging around with this thing ? :D

jschelm
07-12-2003, 07:28 PM
Yea, I kinda figured I was screwed, but still hoping. Thanks for the help guys.

Dre
07-14-2003, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by jschelm
Yea, I kinda figured I was screwed, but still hoping. Thanks for the help guys.

Yup, tis one of the many bugs in a game that could have been so much better without things such as this.

jschelm
07-14-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Dre

Yup, tis one of the many bugs in a game that could have been so much better without things such as this.

I totally agree Dre. I guess it is pretty typical of Bethesda though. I was just hoping they would drop their old ways and actually put together a game that was fun to play, but bug free.