PDA

View Full Version : New Need For Speed Underground Pics!(thanks to ign.com we get to see this beauty)

cheetahmanhood
07-09-2003, 08:55 PM
Here are some new screens, of EA's latest Need For Speed game called Need For Speed Underground. It will have online play on ps2, and pc, yet it will not on cube, or xbox, but this racer is still worth your money if you like racing games.
Here are the Pics from ps2.ign.com :

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/nfsundergroundxbox1_070903_1.jpg
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/nfsundergroundFocus3_070903_1.jpg
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/nfsundergroundFocus2_070903_1.jpg
Nitrous pic looks awesome doesn't it.
NFSU looks good huh, just look at those screens again.
It might be worth your purchase if it turns out good, but I'm getting it no matter what.;)

cheetahmanhood
07-09-2003, 08:56 PM
and here are the rest:
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/nfsundergroundxbox2_070903_1.jpg
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/nfsundergroundFocusSupra_070903_1.jpg
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/nfsundergroundFocus_070903_1.jpg
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/nfsundergroundCelica_070903_1.jpg

wweomaniac
07-09-2003, 10:24 PM
what's up with souping up ford focuses and neons?

What has this world gone to?

But it does look cool. the cars look very shiny and the roads look slick.

prakeem
07-09-2003, 10:35 PM
Not to say that this game will suck, but these type of games are getting old. It would be cool to soup up motor bikes and dream cars like ferrari and porshe (even though they dont need much tuning).

cheetahmanhood
07-09-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by prakeem
Not to say that this game will suck, but these type of games are getting old. It would be cool to soup up motor bikes and dream cars like ferrari and porshe (even though they dont need much tuning).
exactly, that is why in this game, you make a toyota supra or celica, or a honda nsx, and add nitrous and a bunch of other ****, to make the car faster than any stock car on the market.

Ford Mustang
07-09-2003, 11:22 PM
This game looks sweet...Even if those *******s over at EA want to keep up the same stupid Online bs...They should realize that they would make more money if it were online...Dumbasses....Just because they can't have total control over the network and squeeze every penny out of their customers....psh...

CarGuy
07-09-2003, 11:24 PM
I'll pass on this one. Looks like a gimmick to attract the import crowd who they know will buy anything. Very sad indeed.

cheetahmanhood
07-09-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by CarGuy
I'll pass on this one. Looks like a gimmick to attract the import crowd who they know will buy anything. Very sad indeed.
you own a ps2, and you still don't want it?
There must be something wrong with you to pass this game.

Ford Mustang
07-09-2003, 11:34 PM
I agree with CarGuy...This game is probably loaded up with bull**** import cars with no good Domestics at all...Except for the Neon and Focus...? lol....Whatever....

Damn import cars get too much attention....JAP = CRAP

And Cheetah...Isn't your sig a little too....large?

Discretion
07-09-2003, 11:35 PM
The pictures make me want this game so bad! It looks sweet as h*ll, and it might just be a great game. It needs XBOX LIVE though which I doubt... That's the sad part but it might turn into a great racer either way

diranged
07-10-2003, 12:25 AM
wow this game looks sweet i used to love the ones for ps1 never played the one out for xbox but im gonna pick this one up, hopefully the *******s at ea will make it live, hopefully its more of a free roam unlike the old ones.
:cheers:

prakeem
07-10-2003, 12:44 AM
exactly, that is why in this game, you make a toyota supra or celica, or a honda nsx, and add nitrous and a bunch of other ****, to make the car faster than any stock car on the market.

exactly, modding those cars are of the past. Those are not what I mean by dream cars.

l Maximus l
07-10-2003, 02:05 AM
No XBL = No purchase, IMO

Chaotic
07-10-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Ditto.

and it's made by EA :cuss:

LTM360
07-10-2003, 10:35 AM
well, I dont like racers, so thats why I Wont buy it.

Anyways, can someone please explain something for me? EA said they wont make games online since they arn't allowed to close their servers when the next version comes out correct? Well, NFS doesn't have yearly versions. So what the hell? Why isn't this game LIVE? Looks to me like EA is running out of excuses.

cheetahmanhood
07-10-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
If you have that kind of attitude, then that is fine, but diranged and discretion are still buying it. You are also saying you don't want any of their great sports games.

Dre
07-10-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by cheetahmanhood

If you have that kind of attitude, then that is fine, but diranged and discretion are still buying it. You are also saying you don't want any of their great sports games.

Hellz no. I'd much rather have titles from the ESPN line (old 2k series) than EA. I purchased XBL for a reason, it was to play these racing and sports games against other people.

BigJosh359
07-11-2003, 08:52 AM
No point in buying the game if there is no XBL. RENTAL!!! EA, what a bunch of morons. They would make a lot more money on this game if it was XBL. Who is running the show over there at EA? Fire whoever made that decision of Anti-XBL.

The game looks great though!

FuNkY mOnK
07-11-2003, 07:20 PM
I can't figure out why EA will not support XBL. My only guess is that Sony has an agreement with them :confused:

prakeem
07-12-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Josh-XBA
They would make a lot more money on this game if it was XBL

Probably not. PS2 user base is a lot higher than Xbox, at the moment and it doesn't take an online game to sell on the PS2. Imagine 300,000 online EA gamers for the Xbox Vs. 500,000 (rough approximation) for the PS2 (online and offline). It's unfortunate that Xbox will not be able to play EA games via XBL, but EA has some fair justification to only support Sony's online infastructure. BTW, Sony doesn't have any online Sega games, actually Sony hardly has any online enabled games. The main reason EA is not riding the XBL band wagon is because it would make microsoft rich, not them. PS can have EA, Its all they got anyway. This train of debate begins and ends with the $! This game, however even thought is has been done many times, will be a good one wether it is Live enabled or not.

cybrdude
07-12-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by cheetahmanhood

I am with Maximus, no XBL, no cash from me.. I love the NBA LIVE series (I play Sega NBA), Medal of Honor (I play Wolfenstein and Recon), and more. But I have not purchased any of them due to EA's greed. The ONLY EA games I have purchased since the release of the XBOX are Need for Speed (sucked/Sold game) and Buffy (rocked, a keeper + plus EA did not develop Buffy). If they want my cash, they need to give something in return.

Late..

Cyclone
07-12-2003, 02:58 PM
The NFS series just keeps getting worse and worse :\

Viper87227
07-12-2003, 05:02 PM
tought decision...

get it for PS2 for the online play

get it for xbox for the better grafix, sound, and custom soundtrack

Titty
07-12-2003, 05:48 PM
seeing as how sony owns a lot of EA, it's just common sense why they wouldnt let xbox have EA games for online.

Dre
07-12-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Titty
seeing as how sony owns a lot of EA, it's just common sense why they wouldnt let xbox have EA games for online.

I didn't even know this. Are you sure? EA is pretty big and has been for a long time, they don't really seem like the sort of company that would let themselves be bought into. They've got quite a good thing going over there

MerimacHamwich
07-12-2003, 08:55 PM
Those screenshots really don't look that great to me. Just take a look at the screenshots of Apex, RalliSport Challenge and Project Gotham Racing here at XBA. They pretty much blow those away.

Titty
07-12-2003, 10:31 PM
yes im sure

think about it for a sec. ea for ps2 online rather then xbox live?

what kind of dumb people would do that if sony wasnt apart of EA

Viper87227
07-12-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Titty
yes im sure

think about it for a sec. ea for ps2 online rather then xbox live?

what kind of dumb people would do that if sony wasnt apart of EA

thants what your basing your comments on....there is a reason for that....

With xbox live all the servers are are run and contolled by MS with the PS2 onlne the servers are run and controlled by whoever made the game. EA doesnt support xbox live because they cant shut down there servers in order to make people by the next game in a series to keep playing online....for example when Madden 2004 comes out, Madden 2003 servers will be shut down. Microsoft said they wont go, so EA said they wont support xbox live....its that simple

So its not cause sony owns most of EA, its because EA doesnt like the way xbox live works

cheetahmanhood
07-12-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Dre

Hellz no. I'd much rather have titles from the ESPN line (old 2k series) than EA. I purchased XBL for a reason, it was to play these racing and sports games against other people.
i know what you mean, but i just don't like xbox gamers, who give a game with no live no chance, and say no to buying it right away, even though they might love the game.

cheetahmanhood
07-12-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Those screenshots really don't look that great to me. Just take a look at the screenshots of Apex, RalliSport Challenge and Project Gotham Racing here at XBA. They pretty much blow those away.
I'm not so sure about that, most of the games you mentioned, look bland, and don't feature awesome nightime urban places like NFSU does.

cheetahmanhood
07-12-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by prakeem

Probably not. PS2 user base is a lot higher than Xbox, at the moment and it doesn't take an online game to sell on the PS2. Imagine 300,000 online EA gamers for the Xbox Vs. 500,000 (rough approximation) for the PS2 (online and offline). It's unfortunate that Xbox will not be able to play EA games via XBL, but EA has some fair justification to only support Sony's online infastructure. BTW, Sony doesn't have any online Sega games, actually Sony hardly has any online enabled games. The main reason EA is not riding the XBL band wagon is because it would make microsoft rich, not them. PS can have EA, Its all they got anyway. This train of debate begins and ends with the $! This game, however even thought is has been done many times, will be a good one wether it is Live enabled or not.
finally someone I agree with.:)

Titty
07-13-2003, 01:00 AM
eww sega sport games

think they are the worst sport games out for xbox