PDA

View Full Version : Cable converters for xbox... Need some help

xbox genius
07-12-2003, 12:08 AM
i remember reading about converters like a cable or something that would let you play xbox controllers to PC??? is this true?? If it is can somebody hand me a link where they sell them or name a store that sells them...

BTW i am picking up a wheel so i can use it for my racing games. i was wonderin if there is a special cable that connect the xbox wheel to the PC as well???

Thanks guys

BCan
07-12-2003, 12:38 AM
I just got mine in the mail yesterday, so they do exist. What they do is replace the end piee of the cable, where the "quick release" part is. So, you will only need to plug it into the USB port and it will then need to load the drivers. Haven't actually used it in a game yet, still trying to find my PC version of MotoGP URT

Try www.play-asia.com, which is where I got mine, and then follow their links to download drivers so you can use it. It's US$10, so fairly cheap...

Ford Mustang
07-12-2003, 11:24 AM
Why would you want to use a controller on the PC? Mouse and Keyboard are so much more precise....Better for shooting and stuff....Hehe well I guess everyone has their preferences.

Good luck finding one :cheers:

xbox genius
07-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Ford_Mustang
Why would you want to use a controller on the PC? Mouse and Keyboard are so much more precise....Better for shooting and stuff....Hehe well I guess everyone has their preferences.

Good luck finding one :cheers:

yes i do like mouse and keyboard for 1st person shooters. but what really i wanted to say was that if i buy the converter for xbox to PC, would it apply to the xbox wheels as well?