PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR: PC or Xbox? (Poll)

Koopa
07-12-2003, 11:45 PM
Well I've got a pretty nice comp :D (radeon 9700 128 mb, 512 mb ram P4 2.66gig) and an xbox.....and KOTOR is comin out soon..

which system should i get it for?!

the xbox one has DLC but im sure the pc one will have stuff too..and player-made mods...
but the xbox one might look prettier...

idunno!

Arven
07-13-2003, 12:18 AM
That's a hard question to answer. Personally, I like playing games on my Xbox rather than sitting at my computer, so I'd choose Xbox.

kenji
07-13-2003, 09:23 AM
Xbox. Get Neverwinter Nights for the PC. They are pretty much the same except for the Star Wars abilities and worlds.

Chaotic
07-13-2003, 11:28 AM
um, you sure it's coming out for the pc?

I've looked and haven't seen it anywhere.

Kortiz
07-13-2003, 12:34 PM
yeah, pretty sure she is coming out for the PC

all the PS2 junkies at an EQ forum i post on keeps reminding me that it will be out on PC too.

Ninja Scroll
07-13-2003, 12:35 PM
There's a PC version?:huh:

Never heard of it, .. then again, I aint been caught up in dis games hype.

As far as I knew it was an Xbox eXclusive (atleast for console) which leads me to wonder where da hell is da "Only On Xbox" yellow logo atop da game disc box?:eek:

Anyways, to answer your question. I will go with da Xbox version.

To dis day I have only purchased 1 game for my notebook (PC) which is Mafia.
Im not interested at all in PC games so da videogame console version is an easy choice foe me homie.;)

JR Alberda
07-13-2003, 01:07 PM
What Kenji said
Xbox. Get Neverwinter Nights for the PC. They are pretty much the same except for the Star Wars abilities and worlds. is not true. KOTOR looks totally different from NWN. The rpg idea is the same but all in all they are totally different styles of games. Get KOTOR for the system that you like to play on more. For me thats Xbox because I get to sit on a comfy couch instead of a chair.
The idea that the pc may have user mods and such is a cool thought, i wonder if it will happen.

cybrdude
07-13-2003, 01:49 PM
Yep, ships for PC this fall.. This is one of many XBOX/PC only games.. MS stategy is working..

Go for XBOX (Especially if you use 480P), it is coming first. Either way, game is bad a*s..

Late..

Liquid Gears
07-13-2003, 02:02 PM
KOTOR is XBL enabled for downloadable content, definitely XBox

Ninja Scroll
07-13-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by cybrdude

Go for XBOX (Especially if you use 480P), it is coming first. Either way, game is bad a*s..

Late..

I have'nt heard anywhere that stats it will be HDTV compatible. :watchout:

If so dats music to my Sony Widescreen HDTV ears! :wink:

Originally posted by Liquid Gears
KOTOR is XBL enabled, definitely XBox
Yeah, but i wont be used until da end of da year into 2004 for any sort of downloads.:cuss:

thrAsher
07-13-2003, 02:15 PM
Absolutely for Xbox. First of all, my PC is a dinosaur, and second, I prefer console games over PC games all the way, always have. My PC is basically just for the internet, some lightweight graphic design, and writing. I have a ton of PC games, but not a single one installed on my box.

Arrakis44
07-13-2003, 02:58 PM
So far i seem to be the only person thats getting the PC version. Oh well!
I played morrowind on both PC and Xbox and i prefered the PC version - i have always played RPG's on the PC .... and i havnt seen anything in the console versions to change my mind!

selowitch
07-13-2003, 10:41 PM
I own a PC to route my satellite Internet signal, but I have no use for the damned thing other than that. Xbox version of KOTOR all the way!

PCs suck because you either have to run Windows (the world's most complete, operating system-level virus) or Linux/Unix, which is frankly incomprehensible.

My advice? Get a Macintosh! OS X is so mind-bogglingly great you won't believe it. Flame me if you must, but I guarantee that 90% of the folks who claim to hate Macs have never really tried them.

As for games, one of the nice things about owning an Xbox is that I can keep my personal and pleasure items separate from my work stuff. It makes deducting the computer for tax purposes much more ethically clean and legally appropriate.

Unreal
07-13-2003, 10:43 PM
Xbox version of course. Who wants to wait till the end of the year. :watchout:

Shadow20002
07-13-2003, 11:42 PM
When you are in a Xbox forums, sure they will answer mostly to take a Xbox version. Anyway, it's more fun to play on Xbox i think. :cool:

cybrdude
07-13-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

I have'nt heard anywhere that stats it will be HDTV compatible. :watchout:

If so dats music to my Sony Widescreen HDTV ears! :wink:

Yeah, but i wont be used until da end of da year into 2004 for any sort of downloads.:cuss:

From what I understand only 480P support like most XBOX games.. If no 480P exists, my HDTV to VGA adapter will fail to work. So far I have only encountered two games without a 480P support, The Thing and Kung Fu Chaos. I believe 480P support is a same bet, we will know this week.. :cheers:

Late..

cybrdude
07-13-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Arrakis44
So far i seem to be the only person thats getting the PC version. Oh well!
I played morrowind on both PC and Xbox and i prefered the PC version - i have always played RPG's on the PC .... and i havnt seen anything in the console versions to change my mind!

Same here, but I think KOTOR will change that. :D

Late.

Duke
07-14-2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by selowitch

My advice? Get a Macintosh! OS X is so mind-bogglingly great you won't believe it. Flame me if you must, but I guarantee that 90% of the folks who claim to hate Macs have never really tried them.

I haven't tried the new Mac OS, but used to do a lot of work on 'em. Not technical, just Mac's were all we had at the office.

I got used to it after awhile, but I've been using PC's since I was little, and I just prefer it. The only reason I could see for having a Mac was if I was doing chit like graphic design. It was a few years ago, and I don't do that stuff, so maybe PC's have caught up?

Dre
07-14-2003, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Arrakis44
I havnt seen anything in the console versions to change my mind!

Try looking at the release dates :)

And Ninja Scroll, all games support 480P. Its the standard output signal from your Xbox. A few games change the output to do some video effects with the tv interlacing effect; such as Kung-Fu Chaos. On the whole though, 95% of all the Xbox games should be 480P compatible. Also, I'm pretty sure that I read on the KOTOR forums that the game will have DD 5.1 and 480p.

Duke
07-14-2003, 03:56 AM
Just saw the commercial for this right now. Looks pretty sick. Of course, commercials don't generally make a product look bad.

Ninja Scroll
07-14-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
Just saw the commercial for this right now. Looks pretty sick. Of course, commercials don't generally make a product look bad.

No doubt Dooky!:p
Dat KOTOR is pimp tight! I like da very end when da dude is swingin da sword with da Xbox logo on screen. Dat joint was off da chain!:cool:

And Dre, I meant to say 480i, NOT 480p.

cheetahmanhood
07-15-2003, 08:00 PM
Well, since my pc sucks, i'm getting KOTOR for my xbox this weekend.
Plus, I like consoles a lot more.

cybrdude
07-15-2003, 10:42 PM
Tomorrow the game ships, Thursday in stores.. Ohh yeah...

A classic is coming...

Also, Gamespot has a review already.. They gave a score of 9.1.. Way cool..

Late..