PDA

View Full Version : Mission Impossible: OS - Splinter Cell Wannabe?

cheedoh
07-13-2003, 11:09 PM
This game looks like its gonna be pretty good. Kinda looks like splinter cell to me so you know its gotta be a good game. But who knows. Looks can be deceiving. :cool:

Click here! (http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_missionimpossible_os_2.html)

trabucles
07-13-2003, 11:17 PM
I have never played TC'S SC but the character from these trailer move the same as Sam fisher does, is it the same 3D engine? Like half-Life uses the Same engine from Quake 2 or UT from Quake 3?

Are we goin to see too many games like these now?

Shadow20002
07-13-2003, 11:32 PM
I agree with you this one have some elements of Splinter Cell, maybe it's will be more than that in the final stage.

MerimacHamwich
07-14-2003, 12:28 AM
Mission Impossible on the N64 originated some of the ideas in Splinter Cell. The movie Mission Impossible originated most of them. If anything, Splinter Cell is a copy of Mission Impossible.

Graphically I would say it looks more like Deus Ex or Metal Gear. However, I would prefer saying it looks like its own engine more than anything.

shrew king
07-14-2003, 12:41 AM
I was flipping through my friends OXM and if it hadn't had the "Mission Impossible 2" headliner I would've thought it was Splinter Cell.

Hopefully they don't rip off too much from Splinter Cell.

LynxFX
07-14-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by trabucles
Like half-Life uses the Same engine from Quake 2 or UT from Quake 3?

Are we goin to see too many games like these now?
Well Half-Life is a hybrid of the Quake and Quake II engine with a lot of custom coding. UT and Quake 3 are completely different engines, as is the new Half-Life 2 engine which was built from scratch inhouse.

As for Splinter Cell, Ubi Montreal took the Unreal game engine, tweaked the hell out of it, and voila - Splinter Cell is born.

But back to the MI: OS it does have a very "Splinter Cell" vibe and the main character does look like Sam but Tom Cruise, as Ethan Hunt, looks just like that so I think it is just a coincidense or as Mericmac said, probably the basis for Splinter Cell.

WynnFire
07-14-2003, 10:57 PM
*cough* Splinter Cell Clone *cough*

Just kidding, I owned the first Mission Impossible game and liked it, a little. Splinter Cell is pretty much what Mission Impossible should've been. Honestly, I can't wait for this game. Plus, it might put some pressure on the guys making Splinter Cell 2 and it might make it a better game. It(mi: operation surma) almost looks like Metal Gear Solid 2 and Splinter Cell combined.

AloneInTheDark
07-15-2003, 11:58 AM
I could care less what this game looks like. I think it is going to be a very good game. It looks to have all the elements of mgs2 and splinter cell that I liked. There are awesome manuvers (ala the sneak out of a corner and snap a persons neck :D ). I cant wait for this game.