PDA

View Full Version : Shenmue III confirmed

Spentkustard
07-14-2003, 12:22 PM
"Following weeks of speculation and an aggressive letter writing campaign from fans, Sega-AM2 has reportedly confirmed plans to develop another installment in the "Shenmue" RPG series. Planning on the game is said to be ongoing, although specifics regarding its storyline, target platforms, and potential release remain undisclosed. More details regarding the sequel are expected to be revealed in September. For reference, Sega-AM2 announced last week that they're also currently working on "OutRun 2," an arcade racing sequel scheduled to utilize the Xbox-based Chihiro architecture."

StudioAlex
07-14-2003, 03:53 PM
Sounds good to me. Ready to kick some chinese gangster @$$.

Spellfire
07-15-2003, 02:33 PM
-twidles thumbs and downs pill-

Patience....oh how I hate it.

TuffEagle88
07-15-2003, 04:25 PM
Well I hope we get to fight Lan Dei this time because the ending to the last one you have to admit was :o , boring. I mean what the heck was with a two hour run through the woods anyways. And the fight with Daun yu took forever, all I could do was roll behind him and kick him in the back.

MerimacHamwich
07-15-2003, 08:19 PM
I honestly did not like the last one, Shenmue 2. I played a demo from an OXM disk and was sickened by it. I personally think that Shenmue should die and leave this world.

TuffEagle88
07-15-2003, 09:24 PM
It was all right, but they should have made it easier to arm wrestle and the fighting should have been more like the scenes from the dvd. The beginning and ending were really slow.

Hey can anyone tell me where the mini game Hang On is. I have played through the game almost 2 1/2 times and believe it or not- have never found it.

StudioAlex
07-15-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by TuffEagle88
It was all right, but they should have made it easier to arm wrestle and the fighting should have been more like the scenes from the dvd. The beginning and ending were really slow.

Hey can anyone tell me where the mini game Hang On is. I have played through the game almost 2 1/2 times and believe it or not- have never found it.

I can't remember exactly but I think it's in the building where you fight the chick in the cowboy hat.

StudioAlex
07-15-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I honestly did not like the last one, Shenmue 2. I played a demo from an OXM disk and was sickened by it. I personally think that Shenmue should die and leave this world.

I can't believe you think yourself qualified to judge a game that you admit you have never played...

Maybe pointless critiques should die and leave this world.

MerimacHamwich
07-16-2003, 12:09 AM
Oh but i did play it. A demo is made to show off the best a game has to offer. I played a demo, and if that demo is any indication what the rest of the game is like (which it is, see my second sentence) then I think the game is utter crap.

TuffEagle88
07-16-2003, 09:08 AM
I enjoyed it, but it definately isn't for everyone, but if I didn't buy that one I would have gotten Kakuto Chojin or Mechassult- both of which I can say I hate after playing the demos.

StudioAlex
07-16-2003, 09:24 AM
Oh but i did play it. A demo is made to show off the best a game has to offer. I played a demo, and if that demo is any indication what the rest of the game is like (which it is, see my second sentence) then I think the game is utter crap.

You can not size up an entire game by a demo. You may have not been impressed by ten minutes you saw, but how do you know the entire game is crap? You don't. I can't believe you are trying to argue this point.

MerimacHamwich
07-16-2003, 01:15 PM
Refer to previous post.

pepitonet
07-16-2003, 10:55 PM
oh yeah i am dying to get a shemmue completely made for xbox shemmue 2 was ok but it looked just my dreamcast version only reason i got it is cause it had the shemmue 1 movie on it other than that it is not worthed if you had the dreamcast version

thunderkiss2k1
07-17-2003, 01:06 AM

And I personally think that if you dont like Shenmue, you have no gaming taste.

MerimacHamwich
07-17-2003, 03:13 AM
Touche!