PDA

View Full Version : Fable....not exclusive ??

Shadow20002
07-15-2003, 01:06 AM
Xbox-exclusive fantasy role-playing game Fable might not be Xbox-exclusive after all, it appears. In a recent interview with online press, Lionhead Studios boss Peter Molyneux made comments indicating that the ground-breaking RPG in development at Big Blue Box (a Lionhead satellite) may possibly come to another platform. And this other platform wouldn't be console.

Fable is an RPG that looks incredibly promising, Peter Molyneux and Big Blue Box seeking to push the boundaries of both gaming and technology with the title. Perhaps the game's most enticing aspect is the way in which the lead character develops and adapts during the course of the adventure, from youth to adulthood.

Incorporating a similar "good and evil" system to Black & White, in that your physical appearance reflects your actions, Fable also boasts other astounding technological features: if you continually fight in melee combat, for example, your arm muscles will visibly increase in size and you will of course become stronger.

Source; CVG

:huh: :watchout: :huh:

gula
07-15-2003, 01:14 AM
Jesus christ, are we going to have 15 threads about Fable now? You could of just posted it in the other fable thread.

gula
07-15-2003, 01:25 AM
Ehh..forgot to post this.

"Davison confirms that Fable will never be available on anything but the Xbox, because of the large amount of time spent on the Xbox-version. The game will be tested thoroughly to get everything in place. If the same amount of thoroughness were to be applied to a PC version, it would take far too much time, because of the detail level of the game and the number of configurations available on the PC-market, Davison said."

http://boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/art.view.php?id=1290

This preview was put up on Monday, July 14th.

And this Davison is Craig Davison, Fable’s product manager at Microsoft.

MerimacHamwich
07-15-2003, 01:30 AM
Even if it did come to the PC it would't be much of a blow to the Xbox if any at all. The PC can run Xbox games just fine, even have better graphics and more system instensive gameplay. So, really, the only thing that might be lacking if it comes to the PC is in sales, but I doubt that. Many PC/Xbox gamers like myself would buy it for both systems. Did it with Morrowind, heck gonna have 3 versions when GOTY version comes out, and am probably gonna do it with Pirates of the Caribbean. Would definetly do it with Fable.

l Maximus l
07-15-2003, 04:16 PM
There is a huge difference between PC games and consoles games...two totally different markets, different ways to play, and PC owners that soup up their machines to play games like DOOM 3, Half Life 2, and other ground breaking games that require many addons, are usually the hardcore gamers. Your average "PC Joe" won't upgrade their machine to play games...and I'm one of them. That's why I am mainly a console gamer and own an XBox.

Damn, I love the box

E Nomini Patri
07-15-2003, 04:27 PM
Someone please tell me how they can put a game like Fable on another console without vaporizing it! That's what I thought.

Consoles all the way Maxy :)

BigJosh359
07-15-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan
Someone please tell me how they can put a game like Fable on another console without vaporizing it! That's what I thought.

BAH, PCs all the way. I love my Xbox, but i love games that i play on the Xbox that i can also play on the PC much better. Its cheaper to upgrade a PC than it is to go all out on a home theatre system and HDTV crap.

I want to see all the XBL people hang with the Online PC gaming community when it comes to games like RTCW or Halo (when it comes out and if Halo was XBL) or Doom 3 or Counter-Strike or Ghost Recon or UT or whatever game i have forgotten that is on both the Xbox and PC.

JUST BRING IT!

MerimacHamwich
07-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

Its not coming out on another console. They never said that in the article. All they said is it might be coming to the PC.

Maximus, all though I respect you as a member of this site, that post was tottally irrelevant. The biggest spam post I have seen. I kida lost some resepect for you there.

cheetahmanhood
07-15-2003, 07:47 PM
Who cares if Fable is coming to pc, or the new Phantom thingie. As long as it is on xbox, I will be happy.

Papke
07-15-2003, 08:09 PM
Phantom ain't gonna happen brotha!