PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Soul Calibur 2 Character?

Flood
07-15-2003, 06:03 AM
i know its not out yet...but im sure every die hard fan has played it in the arcades or an import. anyways, whats your favorite character? mine is Ivy...by far!! the sword with the chain not only looks awesome, but works real well

Liquid Gears
07-16-2003, 08:49 PM
I actually tested out the Neo-Geo version of this game last week at a Japanese Anime Convention.

Kilik has always been my best character in the Soul Calibur series. His bow staff is tight and can smoke anyone's ass long distance or short.

Eoliths
07-17-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
I actually tested out the Neo-Geo version of this game last week at a Japanese Anime Convention.

Kilik has always been my best character in the Soul Calibur series. His bow staff is tight and can smoke anyone's ass long distance or short.

What Neo-Geo version?

Anywho, Ivy and Cervantes own SC2, but I stand behind Voldo; especially when he's donning the H.R. Giger costume :cheers:

Liquid Gears
07-18-2003, 03:47 PM
Most fighting games start off being tested on the Neo-Geo system before their put into the arcades. Weird man, by the way you play fighting games, I thought you'd know that.

Anyway, yes, the Neo-Geo system has never died off. I mean, at E3 2003 they had the demo of the newest Capcom fighter "CVS: Chaos" on the Neo-Geo system. And I did play it on the Neo-Geo system but the console had a controller convertor on it and I was using a Playstation controller.

Eoliths
07-20-2003, 10:09 AM
Most fighting games start off being tested on the Neo-Geo system before their put into the arcades. Weird man, by the way you play fighting games, I thought you'd know that.

Anyway, yes, the Neo-Geo system has never died off. I mean, at E3 2003 they had the demo of the newest Capcom fighter "CVS: Chaos" on the Neo-Geo system. And I did play it on the Neo-Geo system but the console had a controller convertor on it and I was using a Playstation controller.

I'm still a little confused. Soul Calibur II runs on System 246 hardware, while anything Neo*Geo runs on MVS hardware. So, what I think you're saying is that you played Soul Cal 2 in a Neo*Geo cab, but the guts inside were System 246; not MVS. Is that what you're saying?

And yeah, I know they're not dead. I own a Neo*Geo home cart system and also a Candy cab. SNK/Playmore's take on the versus series - SNK VS Capcom: Chaos - comes out next week, and it wasn't playable at e3. Metal Slug 3 and KOF 2k1 were, but Chaos was not. I did however spend a long time staring at the demo vid they had going :cheers:

Liquid Gears
07-21-2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Eoliths

I'm still a little confused. Soul Calibur II runs on System 246 hardware, while anything Neo*Geo runs on MVS hardware. So, what I think you're saying is that you played Soul Cal 2 in a Neo*Geo cab, but the guts inside were System 246; not MVS. Is that what you're saying?

And yeah, I know they're not dead. I own a Neo*Geo home cart system and also a Candy cab. SNK/Playmore's take on the versus series - SNK VS Capcom: Chaos - comes out next week, and it wasn't playable at e3. Metal Slug 3 and KOF 2k1 were, but Chaos was not. I did however spend a long time staring at the demo vid they had going :cheers:

Yeah man, you got it figured out right. Anyway, yeah, Chaos had a private showing only. It wasn't shown public, but yeah you probibly already have figured that out after seeing all the vids of it.

How'd you figure out that it's coming out next week?! This is great news. You mean in arcades right?

Eoliths
07-21-2003, 08:57 AM

Yeah man, you got it figured out right. Anyway, yeah, Chaos had a private showing only. It wasn't shown public, but yeah you probibly already have figured that out after seeing all the vids of it.

How'd you figure out that it's coming out next week?! This is great news. You mean in arcades right?

Comes out July 22nd in arcades :)

And Chaos wasn't private only, since the vid they showed in their cubicle was the same as shown to the public. My friend is one of their reps, plus I'm media - it wasn't playable, and the vid was the same :(

Doesn't really matter now though, considering the amount of info currently available, and the fact it'll be launched nation wide tomorrow :cheers:

Can't wait :D