PDA

View Full Version : Worth it

XAddict
12-13-2001, 07:49 AM
Just wondering i already have a dvd player. Is it worth it to buy a dvd play back kit. If so does anyone know where the cheapest place to get xbox stuff is. I am thinking best buy , but best buy is really screwed up . they wont even let me take back brand new games i didnt want! ****** someone answer the new kid

smack119
12-13-2001, 08:13 AM
take games back to walmart. you should be fine there. just say you got it as a gift but have it already. if they stock that game thy will take it back and give you store credit to get a different game. as for the dvd kit. it is the same price everywhere.... and ask yourself, will you use it or will you use your dvd player?

Ninja Scroll
12-13-2001, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by XAddict
Just wondering i already have a dvd player. Is it worth it to buy a dvd play back kit. If so does anyone know where the cheapest place to get xbox stuff is. I am thinking best buy , but best buy is really screwed up . they wont even let me take back brand new games i didnt want! ****** someone answer the new kid

Best Buy is your best bet to find the cheapest software & accessories for all systems.
But do not go to EB kid! I love them an all but lately they have been trying to be slick with their customers.
Look, the Xbox DVD playback is priced at $29.99. They are trying to get your for an extra $5.00 at $34.99!!
And when the Xbox shipped they were charging $54.99 for each game knowing d@mn well htey are supposed to be $49.99.
Little things like that tick me off yo.:mad:

But Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, & Wal-Mart are your best bets.:)

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 11:17 AM
Exactly...take back your games that you don't want and say you got them as a gift and want to exchange it for a game that you want :D

Also, about the DVD playback kit...I would recommend purchasing it if you plan on playing some of the few games that actually require that hardware to play them. There's not many..and they certainly are not out yet...but, if you plan on purchasing any game that requires it, obviously you will need it. As for playing DVD movies, if that is all you are planning on doing, then, I would simply not buy it.

I have a DVD playback kit and I love it! The main reason is due to the fact that I did not buy a DVD player intentionally since I knew I was getting an XBox :D My first movie was Gladiator - hence my nickname :D

Hugh_Jass
12-13-2001, 12:29 PM
I wouldn't use the XBOX as a DVD player if you have an alternative. Why have the extra wear on your XBOX? All hardware has a limited lifespan. I want my XBOX's life devoted to gaming.

Ninja Scroll
12-13-2001, 02:15 PM
I highly doubt playing DVD's on your Xbox for years to come will effect its life span,........... I mean come on guys. If you believe that statment you just dont know nothing about gaming consoles.:rolleyes:

redrum237
12-13-2001, 02:27 PM
I Dont have a dvd playback kit but it would be nice to have an extra DVD player in like a differnt room. Its alot easier then spending another $200 on another DVD player

Ninja Scroll
12-13-2001, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by redrum237
I Dont have a dvd playback kit but it would be nice to have an extra DVD player in like a differnt room. Its alot easier then spending another $200 on another DVD player

There you go little trooper!:D

That's what I want to do when I move out of the apartment im in now. Some time next year (hopefully) I wanna move into another apartment or town house. And Im gonna have the DVD set top box (w/ progressive scan) and HDTV wide screen with the 5.1 surround system in the living room while the Xbox will grace the bedroom,............ or should it be the other way around? duno yet.

But a DVD kit is the way to go yo! $30 vs.$200!? you choose.

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
I highly doubt playing DVD's on your Xbox for years to come will effect its life span,........... I mean come on guys. If you believe that statment you just dont know nothing about gaming consoles.:rolleyes:

Actually, I think Hugh_Jass has a point...I mean, all electronics wear down after a while...but, I agree, the XBox is definately a solid system and will last several years coming...

XAddict
12-13-2001, 04:55 PM
Ok thanks for the info. Just one thing dont refer to me as "little trooper" probably older then most of you

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 04:58 PM
Ok thanks for the info. Just one thing dont refer to me as "little trooper" probably older then most of you

lol, Xaddict...that's just Ninja Scroll's verbage...it's his personality...nothing was meant, most-likely, to your character. Ninja is a likeable wierdo :D

XAddict
12-13-2001, 05:15 PM
sorry just not used to Ninja Lube or his lingo. I now and forever will refer to my self as rookie.

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 05:18 PM
lol, Xaddict...it's all good :D It's great to have you here, even as a rookie...just make sure you enjoy yourself here while you make new friends with like minds: Complete XBox Addicts :D

XAddict
12-13-2001, 05:25 PM
Maybe i can someday be almost as powerful as max

Someday.......

redrum237
12-13-2001, 05:37 PM
Just one thing dont refer to me as "little trooper" probably older then most of you

I think he called me lttle trooper, i think he quoted me in that post.:D :D

Ninja Scroll
12-18-2001, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

lol, Xaddict...that's just Ninja Scroll's verbage...it's his personality...nothing was meant, most-likely, to your character. Ninja is a likeable wierdo :D

Wow Waximus, you really know me very well slim!
Then again,......... you are my little Ninja hero side kick!lol:D

P.S. > thanks foe letting these new cats know how I roll. It's all in da slang & my carismatc personality!:cool:

XAddict
12-18-2001, 01:51 PM
NInja your opinions are apprecatied/ HOW DO I PUT THOSE PICTURE so that they show up on the bottom of my post

Ninja Scroll
12-18-2001, 02:17 PM
NInja your opinions are apprecatied/ HOW DO I PUT THOSE PICTURE so that they show up on the bottom of my post

Hello my little Ninja Jubei fan club member!:D how are you?

well XAddict, to make this very easy to understand, here's what you do.

Go to the xboxaddict forum title "fighting" in the games section.
Link onto the thread titled Mortal Kombat. Maximus explained it very well in their for me. He wrote it out very user friendly.
Check it out and let me know if it worked for you, okay slim?:)

XAddict
12-18-2001, 05:57 PM
no i dont want your picture. its jsut to.... ***