PDA

View Full Version : gamecube=pathetic

XAddict
12-13-2001, 08:06 AM
Wow i was just looking on a gamecube forum and i find it very funny. I post why the Xbox is way better and its all the same answer that i get back.

6 year old kid - they have neat games like pokemon and waverace

Xaddict- actually if you look at the gaming lineup the xbox is the same if not better

20 year old nerd- technecally Its the games that count , its not the system. I feel the need to express myself in saying the gamecube wins becuase if its divine game line up

xaddict- OK lets get this, the gamecube does not have better games. The xbox is more pwerful can play dvds and so on and so fourth. And dont complain about the controllers they are find and very easy to use.

Hobo- xbox is to expensive

xaddict- go home

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 12:01 PM
LOL...nice, dude! I can appreciate any combination of LameCube bashing :D The funny thing is, they actually compare it to the XBox when the XBox is, without a doubt, in a completely seperate class.

Don't get me wrong, the LameCube does have some "neat" games...that is, if you're six years old! I'm sorry, LameCubers...I grew out of my Pampers a long time ago...Nintendo was good during that part of my life (though, I was not wearing Pampers...I think it was Huggies :D ) ...but, it's time to move on to bigger and better things.

If a person cannot afford the XBox and can afford the LameCube and five games, they are just trying to find excuses and cannot grow out of their Mario and Luigi days. And, what's up with Super Monkey Ball?!?! LOL LOL LOL LOL

There's a dude I work with part-time at a local Electronics store...and he owns the PoS2 and the LameCube...and his bundle finally came in for his XBox. He said that ever since he received his XBox, he hasn't played his LameCube or PoS2 and has no plans on doing so again! He even calls them "PoS2 and LameCube!!!" lol....talk about seeing the light! lol

redrum237
12-13-2001, 02:31 PM
And, what's up with Super Monkey Ball?!?! LOL LOL LOL LOL

What the hell is super monkey ball

Supperdog
12-13-2001, 04:19 PM
its a game where you have a monkey in a ball and you move him thru mazes or some bulls*it

sorry koopa ;)

FpS_PhReeK
12-13-2001, 04:23 PM
Its a Japanese thing,,, like Pokeman and Hello Kitty..... you know cutsy.

PhReeK out!

MadDawg276
12-13-2001, 04:32 PM
Let the little kiddies have there LameCube by this time next year they will be saying mommy mommy I want an xbox for christmas.

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 04:37 PM
Doesn't Super Monkey Ball on the LameCube look freakin' adorable? :rolleyes:

http://images.gamespot.co.uk/images/gcube/2001/smonk/gal_smonk_2_screen005.jpg

Supperdog
12-13-2001, 04:40 PM
LOL!!! OMFG AHAHAHAHHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Frostberg
12-13-2001, 04:51 PM
it doesnt even look that good

Supperdog
12-13-2001, 04:55 PM
man thats some hardcore cUbAgE!!!

skoot182
12-13-2001, 05:30 PM
I'm going to have to get a GC just becaude of THAT great game

Frostberg
12-13-2001, 05:38 PM
I dont know anything about super monkey ball, but from that picture i have gathered that you collect bananas and its timed...hmm sounds pretty SONICish to me, only you arent collect rings and it looks that it would only entertain people 8 years and younger

redrum237
12-13-2001, 05:42 PM
Thats gotta be the worst game i have ever seen

batman46st
12-13-2001, 05:49 PM
that honestly looks like chuck e cheese made a game. god i wouldnt play that for nothing in this world wait yes i would i would play it if i was offerd the chix that played lara croft in tomb raider..... either than that (lmao) wats the object i gotta find a pizza that got stolen from oh i dont now f*#cking mario lol... they should had stoped with monkeys after donkey cong but w/e my 3 year old cousin should enjoy going around collecting bananas..

Jason1010
12-13-2001, 05:51 PM
My best friend has a Gamecube and if u ask me they are really fun! I'm buying one in the new year...

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Jason1010
My best friend has a Gamecube and if u ask me they are really fun! I'm buying one in the new year...

As I always say, nobody is perfect :D

Jason1010
12-13-2001, 06:17 PM
just remember, come january, ill be having a hell of a lot more fun than you... you'll just have an xbox, but ill have an xbox, a gamcube, and all the best games to date for each :D :D :D

smartass bastard! lol

Supperdog
12-13-2001, 06:22 PM
for about a week. then you'll break down and cry over your wasted $200. but hey, you can always sell it! :)

Jason1010
12-13-2001, 06:24 PM
no way man! ssb melee is really really fun!

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 06:31 PM
Jason Jason Jason.....you must be somewhat suicidal...I mean, saying that you are going to get a purple Barney purse that resembles a Barbie easy bake oven (LameCube) in these forums is like making a death wish :D

So, there are fun games on the LameCube? I'm sorry, dude...but, I don't see rolling down a hill in a plastic bubble playing as a monkey very entertaining. You must be about 12 years old or something. If that is the case, no prob, dude...I can understand why you would find playing hop scotch while holding onto your Purple LameCube as it dangles around to be quite entertaining.

How can you compare the Warthog in Halo with a plastic bubble with a monkey in it? :rolleyes:

Jason1010
12-13-2001, 06:33 PM
lol im 16 and my friends "lamecube" as you would put it, is black. :D and yes, super monkey ball does look kinda weird, and yes i do love halo and xbox and all that, its all cool... but there are some cool games for gamecube too...

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 06:45 PM
lol im 16 and my friends "lamecube" as you would put it, is black. :D and yes, super monkey ball does look kinda weird, and yes i do love halo and xbox and all that, its all cool... but there are some cool games for gamecube too...

Name one game that is already out on the Lamecube (yes, as I put it :D) that remotely compared to Halo?

Frostberg
12-13-2001, 07:00 PM
I would say Rogue Leader is a good game, but this one pretty good game doesnt out weigh all the GREAT Xbox games here and to come...

VAN
12-13-2001, 07:12 PM
Imagine the scene a few years back.

A mahogony table surrounded by a dozen rich, leather chairs on which are seated a dozen of Nintendos top brass.

After about 3 hours of brain-storming for new game ideas (and about 14 pitchers of saki later) Yokamizami Lee blurts out "I've got it!!"

He stumbles to the head of the table (obviously drunk) and begins to describe in great detail his idea for a new game....

"Guys, how bout this......We take a monkey and make him run around fantastic lanscapes collecting items cush as orbs and bananas. BUT....heres the kicker......to make it interesting we put the monkey in a CLEAR PLASTIC BALL! It's genius I tell you!"

...and thus, history was made. :D

XboxChump
12-13-2001, 07:31 PM
The only reason i would see some people post this crap is cause of jealousy.What exactly is your nonsense posting going to accomplish?But what i find even funnier is the fact,hardly any of you guy's have played a GC and for that reason you have on obligation to down it.Let me ask you this do you ever watch cartoon's.If you do so,then why do you watch kiddie show's.Ill tell ya why it is,cause you enjoy them or find them amusing.Thats what gaming is about,regardless of who makes the console or what games they have.As long as you have fun...

Frostberg
12-13-2001, 07:37 PM
Hmm I watched cartoons when I was ten...which is how old a GC player is...all that aside Im sure the GC will have a few great games. But Xbox will have so many more. And I dont think rolling around in a ball collection bananas, fighting people using powerups as various nintendo, raising monsters, or play a cartoon zelda.

Honestly, I find more pleasure making fun of the GC then I would have playing it. Anyone agree?

XAddict
12-13-2001, 07:41 PM
Guys dont make me yak. First of all have u even REALLY played rouge leader. Jesus its a polished up version of the first one. There is nothing different except a few wimpy add ons. Same hoth level same vehicles same same same same same.

i must admit i would by all three systems( IF I WAS CRAZY). first of thats such a waste of money. U probably are only buying all three becasue you dont have faith in the lamecube. you are aware it will crumble in 5 months. Why not just get the xbox . ITs better then the other systems combined!!!!. I know what im going to do. im going to buy a gamecube, strap a bomb on it and send it to bin laden

Jason1010
12-13-2001, 07:46 PM
Name one game that is already out on the Lamecube (yes, as I put it ) that remotely compared to Halo?

It's not out yet... but Perfect Dark 2 should kick ass!

and dont get me wrong guys... im not anti xbox... i love my xbox and the games i have for it and stuff, im just saying that the gc is good and fun too.

XAddict
12-13-2001, 07:46 PM
And for super monkey ball. That was probably invented by bin laden.

and just to let you all know. i have played gamecube a lot. my freidn has it and i play it when i go over there.

my first time playing gamecube

friend- hey lets play gamecube

me- umm sure

friend- lets play ss melee

me- ok

after the first 35754736 times of the same thing i finnaly got the courage to say something

me- excuse me while i yak

Jason1010
12-13-2001, 07:51 PM
and just to let you all know. i have played gamecube a lot. my freidn has it and i play it when i go over there.

hmmmm.... so according to the popular idea in here id have to guess u're about...... er..... um..... 10?

by saying you play it when you GO OVER THERE... u make me assume that u play it alot... like every time u go over there.... hmmm.... but u say u dont like it at all??? right.... i think u are lying and trying to sound cool for the lil xbox gang we got goin in here lol :D

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 12:22 PM

It's not out yet... but Perfect Dark 2 should kick ass!

and dont get me wrong guys... im not anti xbox... i love my xbox and the games i have for it and stuff, im just saying that the gc is good and fun too.

Dude, tell me you're kidding. Perfect Dark? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man, give me a beer...I need to get rid of these hickups! I can't believe you are trying to compared Perfect Dark with Halo...dude, give me a break!

The fact of the matter is, the Lamecube's technology is not advanced to handle a game like Halo. It lacks bump mapping and anti-alliasing technology...to be able to get the prestine graphics and detail of a game like Halo, first of all, it must fit on something much larger than a disk that is the size of a bottle cap....

I'm not one to bash Perfect Dark or anything...because it's a good game...but, common sense will tell you that the LameCube does not possess the power to be able to handle a game like Halo. Tecmo, who made DOA3, wouldn't even allow this game to be on the PoS2 because he didn't want to downgrade the game so the system would be able to play it! Same with the LameCube, man! Don't you get it?

I guess it's where you place your priorities...I place mine on power....and the XBox has a hell of a lot of it. Now, keep in mind that the current games that are on the market were made before the final numbers were placed on the XBox in regards to power...expect even more greatness coming from XBox. If you have to go as far as comparing the LameCube with the XBox at it's current state...just wait and see what is going to happen in 2002...I think we will all be blown out of our minds :D

kirkyg
12-14-2001, 02:32 PM
You know it really ****es me off when people say something like "i bought the gamecube cause it has mario 8 million on it"

give me a break if you buy a system because at launch it has 1 good game then your a fool. I didn't know if i was gettin an xbox at all. And i ended up buying one 1.5 weeks after it was released you know why? Because Grand Theft Auto III, Tony Hawk 3, and Metal Gear solid were all confirmed. Along with the decent - excellent release titles. Shows me microsoft is going to support this along with the 140 developers. Gamecube...noting nintendo's history i would NOT count on huge support for it look at n64. I admit i bought the hype but i regret wasting my hundreds of dollars on that thing. The only game i continued to play after the first few years was ki 2 and it has some CRAPPY frame's. If that game was redone on xbox it would be amazing. XBOX is just better. The system is better. And all the best games from ps2 for us older 21+ types like me are also coming out on xbox and NONE that i've read about are straight ports. For instance GTA3 on ps2 was HELLA fun but the graphics were so-so. They are improving the graphics + adding gibs to the game!!@#!$@#$!@% I have a picture to prove it i'll post it later if you guys have to see it but its on xboxaddict.com i believe. IT shows a leg on the ground blood splattering as a car blows up and a arm flying through the air now if that aint some cool chit then what is!? Xbox is great...im so glad i spent the money.

kirkyg

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by kirkyg
You know it really ****es me off when people say something like "i bought the gamecube cause it has mario 8 million on it"

give me a break if you buy a system because at launch it has 1 good game then your a fool. I didn't know if i was gettin an xbox at all. And i ended up buying one 1.5 weeks after it was released you know why? Because Grand Theft Auto III, Tony Hawk 3, and Metal Gear solid were all confirmed. Along with the decent - excellent release titles. Shows me microsoft is going to support this along with the 140 developers. Gamecube...noting nintendo's history i would NOT count on huge support for it look at n64. I admit i bought the hype but i regret wasting my hundreds of dollars on that thing. The only game i continued to play after the first few years was ki 2 and it has some CRAPPY frame's. If that game was redone on xbox it would be amazing. XBOX is just better. The system is better. And all the best games from ps2 for us older 21+ types like me are also coming out on xbox and NONE that i've read about are straight ports. For instance GTA3 on ps2 was HELLA fun but the graphics were so-so. They are improving the graphics + adding gibs to the game!!@#!$@#$!@% I have a picture to prove it i'll post it later if you guys have to see it but its on xboxaddict.com i believe. IT shows a leg on the ground blood splattering as a car blows up and a arm flying through the air now if that aint some cool chit then what is!? Xbox is great...im so glad i spent the money.

kirkyg

Nice post, dude...But, I would like to point out to you that Microsoft has over 220 game developers that I know of that are making games for the XBox...that's pretty d a m n impressive, if you ask me. So, it's more that 140, which still would be impressive :)

Also, think about this for a moment...this is really cool if you think about it. By the end of December (Dec 31st), the XBox will have, officially, been out for 46 days. Also, at that time, XBox will have exactly 46 games on the market (that I know of). This means that there are 46 games in 46 days...that's a ratio of one game per day.......we can all expect excellence from the XBox.......2002 is going to be an AMAZING year! :D

Hugh_Jass
12-14-2001, 03:34 PM
C'mon, guys. Let Jason have fun with his Cube if he wants. He's not saying the GC is better than the XBOX. There is no denying that GC will have some exlusives that are not available on the XBOX. If you really want to play those games you've got to buy a Game Cube.

And for the PC gamers in the crowd: Don't tell me you've never laid down $200 (or more) on a piece of hardware when a new game comes out that needs it. Video card, Game Cube...it's all just hardware.

LynxFX
12-14-2001, 03:55 PM
Kirkyg,

I was the same way. I wasn't going to get a console at all. I knew that I could so much better on my pc. After the launch and seeing xbox everywhere and checking out some of the games I kinda got the bug and went searching. Of course I couldn't find it for another week. Bought 3 games, now I'm up to 4. Great system and the DD sound is killer let alone the beautiful 480p 16x9 images of DOA3 and Amped.

One thing I am waiting for though is a game that plays like the old marios and the sonics. I really cool adventure type game. I'm guessing Oddworld might be the one for Xbox but I haven't played it yet besides that **** demo they have.

I won't really bash the gc anymore. It is a $100 cheaper and I think it shows in the graphics. I'm starting to feel sorry for it that it has to compete against the likes of the Xbox. Oh my, was that pitty I just showed for nintendo. I guess that is the softspot I have for them since the NES was my first console. But even with that softspot I am still able to pull the trigger ala Old Yeller and put it out of its misery. :)

kirkyg
12-14-2001, 05:38 PM
who says you can't have kiddy games on xbox too?

http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/not_released.php?Product_ID=34

i wouldn't buy this game but the kids would...and look at the graphics...pretty freakin sw33t.

kirkyg

XboxChump
12-14-2001, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

The fact of the matter is, the Lamecube's technology is not advanced to handle a game like Halo. It lacks bump mapping and anti-alliasing technology...to be able to get the prestine graphics and detail of a game like Halo, first of all, it must fit on something much larger than a disk that is the size of a bottle cap....

Maximus,sure you might post alot and you keep a somewhat mature attitude.But you do not know squat about X-box and Gc spec's.They Gc does have bumpmapping and anti-aliasing,they used it to death on the N-64"AA".But anyways the bumpmapping and the Anti-aliasing can be done in software implemnted into the game code,Sure it will slow things down,(But that is not the point i am trying to make)....

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by XboxChump

Maximus,sure you might post alot and you keep a somewhat mature attitude.But you do not know squat about X-box and Gc spec's.They Gc does have bumpmapping and anti-aliasing,they used it to death on the N-64"AA".But anyways the bumpmapping and the Anti-aliasing can be done in software implemnted into the game code,Sure it will slow things down,(But that is not the point i am trying to make)....

Take for instance the Nvidia video card...the 733 meg processor that the XBox has...the LameCube doesn't hold water and would never be able to play a game as advanced as Halo on it. Besides, you probably would need about 2-3 discs just to fit Halo on it and it still would look horrible. The GameCube doesn't deserve to be boasting itself into being a next generation console. It's basically an N64 but with beer bottle cap CD style.

XboxChump
12-14-2001, 05:58 PM

Take for instance the Nvidia video card...the 733 meg processor that the XBox has...the LameCube doesn't hold water and would never be able to play a game as advanced as Halo on it. Besides, you probably would need about 2-3 discs just to fit Halo on it and it still would look horrible. The GameCube doesn't deserve to be boasting itself into being a next generation console. It's basically an N64 but with beer bottle cap CD style.

Well its a Nvidia chipset,And a 733 Mhz processor.Not meg.So since i have a Amd1.5"1800",512meg's of ddr pc 2100,And a geforce 3,Sblive in my PC, I should not play X-box cause those are alot better spec's than the X-box?

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 06:12 PM

Well its a Nvidia chipset,And a 733 Mhz processor.Not meg.So since i have a Amd1.5"1800",512meg's of ddr pc 2100,And a geforce 3,Sblive in my PC, I should not play X-box cause those are alot better spec's than the X-box?

Dude, if your PC makes you happy, then, by all means, go ahead. But, your PC is primarily made for Word Processing, Internet, and many other functions...not so much for gaming. Don't get me wrong, I like to play games on my computer...but, there's nothing like stepping away from a keyboard and playing a brilliant gaming console like the XBox. Besides, can you compare any other console to the XBox as an all around gaming console? I highly doubt it...you have to admit, it's d a m n impressive.

XboxChump
12-14-2001, 06:23 PM

Dude, if your PC makes you happy, then, by all means, go ahead. But, your PC is primarily made for Word Processing, Internet, and many other functions...not so much for gaming. Don't get me wrong, I like to play games on my computer...but, there's nothing like stepping away from a keyboard and playing a brilliant gaming console like the XBox. Besides, can you compare any other console to the XBox as an all around gaming console? I highly doubt it...you have to admit, it's d a m n impressive.

So you are saying that 11,000,000 people playing games online with a PC.Doesnt qualify it as a gaming platform.And as i have stated before i love my X-box.But i just pointed out that you was wrong about the bumpmapping and AA......And nvidia video card and 733 meg processor,Thats all...

l Maximus l
12-14-2001, 06:31 PM

So you are saying that 11,000,000 people playing games online with a PC.Doesnt qualify it as a gaming platform.And as i have stated before i love my X-box.But i just pointed out that you was wrong about the bumpmapping and AA......And nvidia video card and 733 meg processor,Thats all...

Sorry, dude...I don't speak the language of GEEK very well. I'll have to work on that :D

But, again, don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing on-line games on my PC...but, again, there's nothing better than playing a great gaming console like the XBox...none can compare. There are "good" gaming consoles and then there are "great" gaming consoles like the XBox. I'm sure you don't mind if I share my opinion...forbid!! :eek:

XboxChump
12-14-2001, 06:48 PM
I agree totally the X-box is a great gaming machine.But what you need to look at in the Pc world is that,they have to make the games for different types of machine's and speed's etc...ect...So they have to cut back on graphic's,feature's and thing's,Due to the fact it might not run on all machine's.So if they dont make it run on a wide variety of machine's they lose money.Cause the low end Pc user's are not buying the game's.But if everyone had a high end Pc such as me,Then the games would surpass that of the X-box,Far as graphic's,feature's and gameplay.But another factor would be price,Wich we know Pc's are way higher.But you are not throwing your money away every 2 years or so for a new game console either.But considering this the console will have the edge on pc's game far as graphic wise and for years to come...Maybe this next post you will agree or make some point's.....god forbid..:eek:

kirkyg
12-14-2001, 07:15 PM
there are pc games and there are console games...they are two different things. First of all PC games are much more difficult to develop for and what is the insintive 50% of the people who play it are piraters including myself alot of the time.

As for the specs Thats another whole issue too...think about if every person in the world had a geforce 3 ti 500 card and a athlon XP 1900. Then of course pc would be easiest to develop for. But they do not and minimum settings are allowed for much lower than xbox's standard to develop for.

"Well its a Nvidia chipset,And a 733 Mhz processor.Not meg.So since i have a Amd1.5"1800",512meg's of ddr pc 2100,And a geforce 3,Sblive in my PC, I should not play X-box cause those are alot better spec's than the X-box?"

There are others reason more complicated than this on why you can use the resources of a console more efficiently...one for instance is your computer has not just a stripped down kernel but a full OS running in the background dragging out resources from your processor. There are many more reasons why console's specs are more valuable than computer's specs.

kirkyg

XboxChump
12-14-2001, 07:57 PM
there are pc games and there are console games...they are two different things. First of all PC games are much more difficult to develop for and what is the insintive 50% of the people who play it are piraters including myself alot of the time.

As for the specs Thats another whole issue too...think about if every person in the world had a geforce 3 ti 500 card and a athlon XP 1900. Then of course pc would be easiest to develop for. But they do not and minimum settings are allowed for much lower than xbox's standard to develop for.

Didn't i say that?

"Well its a Nvidia chipset,And a 733 Mhz processor.Not meg.So since i have a Amd1.5"1800",512meg's of ddr pc 2100,And a geforce 3,Sblive in my PC, I should not play X-box cause those are alot better spec's than the X-box?"

There are others reason more complicated than this on why you can use the resources of a console more efficiently...one for instance is your computer has not just a stripped down kernel but a full OS running in the background dragging out resources from your processor. There are many more reasons why console's specs are more valuable than computer's specs.

kirkyg

Well if you would have read the whole conversation,I was making some corrections to his so called fact's.And he seems to think that the better the spec's are the better the system and or game is.I do not want to take this conversation into a differnet direction cause you misread something,far as linux(kernel's),resource's and os's...And i was making a reference to the pc as you stated in your first reply to me.Cause he said none can compare to the X-box i was telling him why.But pc's games could be better than X-box if all consumer's had the exact machine,Like you stated all i was trying to point out.....

kirkyg
12-14-2001, 08:12 PM
was just responding with what you said about the issue not specifically to just you.

kirkyg

Devil May Cry
12-14-2001, 09:57 PM
ok...

PD 2, hmmmmm i'll take that over xbox because i won't nned to buy an xbox to get halo.

Sure the graphics wont looks as good, i have a P 833 and geforce2 64 mb graphics card, but it will have a greater online user base and better overall play with a mouse and keyboard.

smack119
12-15-2001, 12:31 AM
halo is great with the xbox control.... basically the right stick works like a mouse

terrapin
12-15-2001, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Devil May Cry
ok...

PD 2, hmmmmm i'll take that over xbox because i won't nned to buy an xbox to get halo.

Sure the graphics wont looks as good, i have a P 833 and geforce2 64 mb graphics card, but it will have a greater online user base and better overall play with a mouse and keyboard.

Have you played Halo using the controller? Let me tell you it's unbelievable. The controls are perfect. It almost seems like the controller was designed for Halo. I almost forget I am using a controller. Plus after many hours of use I never experience and hand cramping or aches whereas after playing an hour of Diablo II on my computer my wrists start to ache.

smack119
12-15-2001, 12:54 AM
i used to play diablo2 all the time since xbox i haven't logged on

XboxChump
12-15-2001, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by terrapin

Have you played Halo using the controller? Let me tell you it's unbelievable. The controls are perfect. It almost seems like the controller was designed for Halo. I almost forget I am using a controller. Plus after many hours of use I never experience and hand cramping or aches whereas after playing an hour of Diablo II on my computer my wrists start to ache.

What i think he meant to say was that,The controller is limited vs the keyboard.With keyboard and mouse i can do 9 things exactly at one time.Can you do that with a controller?But i do agree the set up halo on the controlller,Is done well.Best as expected...But far as the cramp thing i never get that using my mouse and keyboard,Maybe you have bad form?

Frostberg
12-15-2001, 09:51 AM
I dont think I need any more functions in halo, so the controller is perfect

XboxChump
12-15-2001, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Frostberg
I dont think I need any more functions in halo, so the controller is perfect

Well one important function i thought was left out of halo,Was the run.Man this thing would have been nice in the game,Due to the fact of the limitations of the controller they had to exclude this.And it isnt so much about how many functions you have.Its about using them quickly,Wich you can not due to the limitation's of the controller.And you cant say that the crouching in halo is just so easy,feels like i am going to break my thumbstick to try to get him to stay crouched and move at the same time...But like i said for a console is was done the best it could..Actually i thought it was going to be worse than what it was...

Slider1981
12-15-2001, 11:09 AM
The only reason i would see some people post this crap is cause of jealousy.What exactly is your nonsense posting going to accomplish?But what i find even funnier is the fact,hardly any of you guy's have played a GC and for that reason you have on obligation to down it.

I have played Rogue Leader and Luigi's D@mn Mansion. Final Verdict: The gamecube is as que*r as the people who support it.

Slider1981
12-15-2001, 11:12 AM
And you cant say that the crouching in halo is just so easy,feels like i am going to break my thumbstick to try to get him to stay crouched and move at the same time...But like i said for a console is was done the best it could..Actually i thought it was going to be worse than what it was...

Crouching is about as hard as luigi's mansion. You should change your name to G@yChump and go blow a gamecube, because after reading your posts i compare you to a cuber.

XboxChump
12-15-2001, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Slider1981

Crouching is about as hard as luigi's mansion. You should change your name to G@yChump and go blow a gamecube, because after reading your posts i compare you to a cuber.

Off the topic once more as the children like to do.We was having a mature discussion,No reason to post your kiddie remark's.Did anyone say anything about Lm,Not until you brought it up:confused: .You can compare me to whoever and what you like(Kid's).But i am a gamer not a feble minded fanboy....Enough said.

Slider1981
12-15-2001, 11:25 AM
Off the topic once more as the children like to do

exactly what a gamecube fan would say

say anything about Lm,Not until you brought it up

I was trying to make a point, crouching is simple and Luigi's mansion is simple hence the quote "Crouching is as easy as Luigi's Mansion"

XboxChump
12-15-2001, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Slider1981

This is what you replied to me when i said that crouching takes effort in Halo,How does that make me GC fanboy.I enjoy my X-box more so than my GC.Doesnt take much to be a puppetier with you...

And to your reply when you said exactly what a Gc fanboy would say.Thats didnt have anything to do with game's,I was just pointing out how stupid and childish you act.But you tried to blow it over...:o

Frostberg
12-15-2001, 12:12 PM
Hey XboxChump...how many ****in times are you gonna respond to "Crouching is about as hard as luigi's mansion. You should change your name to G@yChump and go blow a gamecube, because after reading your posts i compare you to a cuber." Why dont you go play with your purse now please. And I know you have an Xbox, as you have said it 1000 times, so go smash it and take a nap with your little barney cube

monkeyman
12-15-2001, 12:33 PM
jason you idiot gamecubes are the biggest pieces of crap so dont get a xbox and if you are getting a gamecube go to some gamecube site

p.s. i hope you have fun with your monkeyball game

p.s.2 when i grow up i wanna live a in a ball with a monkey

terrapin
12-15-2001, 01:30 PM

Well one important function i thought was left out of halo,Was the run.Man this thing would have been nice in the game,Due to the fact of the limitations of the controller they had to exclude this.

I don't think the controller was a limiting factor in leaving out the run. This could have easily been implemented using the analog stick. Actually if Bungie wanted to they could have determined Master Chief's speed by how far you press the stick. I don't know how you could account for this on a keyboard.

You also brought up a point where using a keyboard you are able to do 9 things at the exact same time. Where in Halo are you required to do 9 things at the same time?

However you do have a valid point with regards to crouching. I have a hard time crouching and staying crouched while changing directions. Maybe if they implemented it where one press and MC crouches and the second press makes him stand. I think that would have been a better implementation.

XboxChump
12-15-2001, 01:45 PM

You also brought up a point where using a keyboard you are able to do 9 things at the exact same time. Where in Halo are you required to do 9 things at the same time?

I was just saying the keyboard and mouse has a bigger advantage over controller's,Thats all...Not that Halo is bad on the controller,Cause it's done quite well for a controller i think...

terrapin
12-15-2001, 02:00 PM
You say that the "keyboard and mouse has a bigger advantage over the controller." I just want you to back that up with some valid points besides just saying it is better. So far you haven't given any to support your argument. Why does using a keyboard and mouse have an advantage over using the controller? What does the keyboard and mouse setup offer that the controller can not duplicate?

XboxChump
12-15-2001, 02:18 PM
You say that the "keyboard and mouse has a bigger advantage over the controller." I just want you to back that up with some valid points besides just saying it is better. So far you haven't given any to support your argument. Why does using a keyboard and mouse have an advantage over using the controller? What does the keyboard and mouse setup offer that the controller can not duplicate?

For about the third time now i have said more button's,Allowing for a better gameplaying experience.And time you have to take your thumb off the free look thumbstick to push a button you can not look anymore,let me see you in halo aim throw a grenade but at the same time jump and reload your weapon..

So considering a controller for freelook,has one button wich you can push in,but you have to take your thumb of the stick to use the other button's..

So considering a mouse for freelook,You can always leave you hand on your mouse and it has 4 to 5 button's.

Ok button's on a controller you have 9 excluded the thumbstick button

Ok a keyboard do we really have to do this...Enough said

terrapin
12-15-2001, 02:33 PM
Simply having more buttons doesn't allow for a better gameplay experience.

You mention lifting my thumb off of the controller to push a button. I can easily perform that with my index finger.

Standard mouses don't have four to five buttons. Including the wheelie as a button mine only has three.

kirkyg
12-15-2001, 02:47 PM
anyone thats played the quake series or counterstrike multiplayer online knows that mouse and keyboard is the best setup for fps's...thats the only reason i haven't bought halo. Its not a console type game its a computer game.

i bought my xbox to play games like tony hawk and gta3 which are console type games.

kirkyg

XboxChump
12-15-2001, 02:49 PM
Simply having more buttons doesn't allow for a better gameplay experience.

You dont think having teamchat or global voice command's or taunts,animation's and alternate fire to weapon's dont add to gameplay?

QUOTE]Originally posted by terrapin
You mention lifting my thumb off of the controller to push a button. I can easily perform that with my index finger. [/QUOTE]

I dont think i follow ya?

QUOTE]Originally posted by terrapin
Standard mouses don't have four to five buttons. Including the wheelie as a button mine only has three. [/QUOTE]

Ok lets take a standard mouse,You have a left mouse button a right mouse button and a wheel in middle,the wheel consist of pushing it in as an action and scroll up and scroll down.Wich would be 5 buttons on a standard mouse.And actually i have 7 on mine...

terrapin
12-15-2001, 02:57 PM

You mention lifting my thumb off of the controller to push a button. I can easily perform that with my index finger. I dont think i follow ya?

You just have to hold the controller a little differently that's all. Instead of resting your index on the trigger you can use your ring finger for the trigger thus freeing up your index finger.

Ok lets take a standard mouse,You have a left mouse button a right mouse button and a wheel in middle,the wheel consist of pushing it in as an action and scroll up and scroll down.Wich would be 5 buttons on a standard mouse.And actually i have 7 on mine...

You got me there. Forgot about scrolling up and down. Nice one :)

XboxChump
12-15-2001, 03:01 PM
Good thought terrapin,I am going to try that next time i play.Seems like it might be a little awkward,But i am sure i could get use to it....Thanx for the tip...

redrum237
12-16-2001, 02:23 PM

My mouse only has a left and a right button, no wheel, perhaps i should buy a new mouse but with me having an xbox, i dont think i will buy anymore computer games any time soon:cool: :cool:

Plus i think memorizng the keys on a keyboard are alot harder then memorizing the controler. This is becasue there r more keys, but i often find myself looking for a certain button, or presing the wrong button on the keyboard. this resulting in alot of undesird deaths.

XAddict
12-16-2001, 05:54 PM
Jason , Shut ur ****ing mouth. u stupid homo. U think you are all cool ohh gamecube this gamecube that well **** gamecube. Its a piece of cubed ****. yeah i have played gamecube . and no time do i say that i liked it or that i wanted to play it more. so before you go saying retarded crap that you have no clue about i sugeest you shut your mouth

XboxChump
12-17-2001, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by XAddict
Jason , Shut ur ****ing mouth. u stupid homo. U think you are all cool ohh gamecube this gamecube that well **** gamecube. Its a piece of cubed ****. yeah i have played gamecube . and no time do i say that i liked it or that i wanted to play it more. so before you go saying retarded crap that you have no clue about i sugeest you shut your mouth

Wow and your calling Jason a stupid homo.....You could barley even make any sense.Only thing i could get out of your sentence's is the cuse word's.So who looks like the idiot now.

Hugh_Jass
12-17-2001, 11:15 AM
:shudder:

talk about glass houses...

Peppynpip1
12-17-2001, 05:42 PM
why does everyone have a problem with the xbox controller, i think that it is perfect, and its ergonomic... the reakaway cable feature is great... i cant say anything for the gamecube, as i havent tried it, but ive seen he controller, and it looks like a bad ps2 controller, and the ps2 controller it soo small, and made out of very cheap plastic

GamerSince'76
12-17-2001, 06:38 PM
I saw the Super Money Ball screenshot posted here. I couldn't figure out how they got the name for that game. Until now.

Kiddies beware. Those are not ears. They are hairless testicles. What did they use for the nose? lol. Super Monkey Ball. What a joke.

XAddict
12-17-2001, 08:56 PM
I dont officailly have my abox yet. BUT I will in just 8 more days. i hope all of you can feel my excitement.

kirkyg
12-18-2001, 10:50 AM
peppy, the xbox controller is fine for most of us causer were older. However, it still doesn't making playing games like halo great...thats why this will forever be computer games. Controls is the only reason i haven't bought it.

kirkyg

XAddict
12-18-2001, 01:39 PM
you cant tell me that you havnt bought the xbox because of the controllers. They arnt even that bad. EXCUSE me while i yak

kirkyg
12-18-2001, 03:33 PM
nono
i own an xbox and i like the controllers unlike some. I like the xbox controllers onsiderably more than the n64 controllers for instance. I'm just saying NO console controller is good for first person shooters like halo.

kirkyg