PDA

View Full Version : Vice City coming to Xbox this holiday season..

Xbox Owner
07-15-2003, 08:16 PM
Sources report that Rockstar's mega-money maker Grand Theft Auto: Vice City will be coming to the Xbox, possibly as soon as this holiday season.

As many insiders know, the Grand Theft Auto series is supposed to be PlayStation 2 console exclusive, however sources reveal that Rockstar is circumventing the agreement by stripping the Xbox version of the title Grand Theft Auto, and simply repackaging the game as Vice City.

Back in May, Take Two's CEO Jeffrey Lapin spoke about a major Rockstar title in development for the Xbox during the company's quarterly conference call with analysts. "We said that there will be an Xbox SKU from Rockstar in the first quarter of the fiscal year 2004 [Nov. to Jan.]," Lapin said, "but we're not going to comment on what it is at this point." It now looks like Vice City is that game.

Vice City's gameplay will be identical to the PC version that recently shipped, and might also include additional features like custom soundtracks and downloadable content.

Check back to IGN for the latest on this breaking story.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't care seeing how GTA is old now, but some people do.

If this is true, sony just got owned

:rofl:

AlBoogy
07-15-2003, 08:19 PM
I think sony actually would be pretty smart to let it be playable on Xbox. Its a lot like MS putting halo on the PC. Have pc owners starving for more and BAM Halo 2 comes out.

Highlite23
07-16-2003, 10:02 PM
I agree with XBOX Owner...the game is pretty much old news, I don't see it hitting any significant sales numbers on the XBOX. But boy is Sony advertising the snot out of it recently for PS2.

Papke
07-16-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by highlite23-XBA
I agree with XBOX Owner...the game is pretty much old news, I don't see it hitting any significant sales numbers on the XBOX. But boy is Sony advertising the snot out of it recently for PS2.

Because the pc version came out not too long ago, they show ads for it again.

evil xbox king
07-16-2003, 10:19 PM
I reckon it'll sell regardless wether it's old or not. But I couldn't really care, it's a shocking game IMO

Ford Mustang
07-17-2003, 12:57 AM
I do love this game. Heh. I have it for PC. Unfortunately, I have some video card and sound issues that make the experience somewhat below optimal. It would be great if I had this game for Xbox, but I don't see myself shelling out the extra $50 US after I payed $40 US for the PC game. Oh well...heh...:D

nowistoday
07-17-2003, 11:35 PM
they say that PS2-**** has the rights to GTA the name, but they said they may just name it vice city

Ford Mustang
07-18-2003, 01:31 AM
Yes, if this is the case, Sony can be officially declared owned by Rockstar. I don't blame Rockstar for wanting to make more money. Who doesn't want more green? Heh...