PDA

View Full Version : GameSpot Review: KOTOR

gula
07-15-2003, 09:13 PM
The review is finally up and they gave it a 9.1 (superb).

You don't need to be a fan of Star Wars or of RPGs to appreciate all the impressive qualities of this game--but if you are, all the better.

GamePlay: 9
Graphics: 7
Sound: 10
Value: 9
Tilt: 10

Not freaking bad at all.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/starwarsknightsoftor/review.html

:cheers:

Xbox Owner
07-15-2003, 09:14 PM
Yep..only think is I don't know why it's only a 7 in graphics? eh..oh well.

9.1 is pretty good.:D

gula
07-15-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
9.1 is pretty good.:D

For GameSpot, of course.

selowitch
07-15-2003, 09:41 PM
I have had a wicked hard-on for this game ever since December 2002, when I saw a screenshot of it on the box my Xbox came in. Two major delays were incredibly painful, especially as the fate of the Xbox version of Star Wars: Galaxies spiraled into uncertainty. Now Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is finally here!

Thank the Force.

"This will be a day long remembered...."

Dyslexic Chaos
07-15-2003, 10:11 PM
9.1 from Gamespot for an Xbox game is INSANELY good. They rate games VERY right. Definatley a MUST HAVE!!!!

goldberg
07-15-2003, 10:18 PM
ign gave it a 9.5:cool:

Papke
07-15-2003, 10:39 PM
The graphics score probably suffered a little because of the framerate issues. But, no biggie.

MixMasta
07-15-2003, 10:53 PM
Graphics arent everything cough*Wreckless*cough....

I'm more concerned with gameplay and replay/lasting value...this seems to have knocked those down flat!

Liquid Gears
07-15-2003, 11:40 PM
I badly want this game too guys, but the only reason I don't like the game is because you can't play people on XBL.

Anyway, right when this game comes out I'm gonna rent it. If I don't like it I'm gonna buy MechAssult instead, if I like it I'm gonna buy it instead.

What game do you guys think I should pick up?

MixMasta
07-15-2003, 11:45 PM
KOTOR!!

MechAssault is bland and repetitive, im not sure why i bought it!!

Liquid Gears
07-15-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta
KOTOR!!

MechAssault is bland and repetitive, im not sure why i bought it!!

Really Mix? People keep telling me on XBL that MechAssult is still really popular.

Hmm.............I was thinking about it being repetitive. I thought the single player was repetitive but I was kinda wondering about the XBL gameplay.

So you think KOTOR is a better choice eh? I was thinking that myself. But think about it man. If I did get the game, I probably end up going though it about 3 times until I started getting bored with it, right?

So I don't know what I'm gonna do. Help me out here Mix, lol

gula
07-16-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

Really Mix? People keep telling me on XBL that MechAssult is still really popular.

Hmm.............I was thinking about it being repetitive. I thought the single player was repetitive but I was kinda wondering about the XBL gameplay.

So you think KOTOR is a better choice eh? I was thinking that myself. But think about it man. If I did get the game, I probably end up going though it about 3 times until I started getting bored with it, right?

There's just a lot to see and do in this game, and it'll last you a good 40 hours or so from start to finish, yet you'll never see all that the game has to offer if you finish it only once.

Just a bit from the GameSpot review. All I'm saying to that post.

cheedoh
07-16-2003, 09:36 AM
I heard that the game should last around 40-80 hours depending on whether you do every single quest in the game.:eek:

Snoopy7548
07-16-2003, 09:44 AM
what's this game about?

Dre
07-16-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
what's this game about?

uhh...Star Wars....

Snoopy7548
07-16-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Dre

uhh...Star Wars....

duh, what do you do in it?

yall
07-16-2003, 10:17 AM

duh, what do you do in it?

Stuff. Lots of stuff. :D

Brevity
07-16-2003, 10:18 AM
I cant wait so I made a new siggy.:D

Dyslexic Chaos
07-16-2003, 10:20 AM
what's this game about?

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/starwarsknightsoftor/preview_2898391.html

Dre
07-16-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by yall

Stuff. Lots of stuff. :D

Don't forget things... I hear you can get things in the game.

MixMasta
07-16-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

If you want to try MechAssault, buy it or trade for it on TGN or here. Some people are selling copies for 20 bucks, and I heard Blockbuster has it for sale new for 20 bucks too. I really don't like it that much, but I haven't been able to play the CTF mode yet since I haven't been able to play Xbox since begginging of May. I would recommend getting Ghost Recon or Unreal Championship if you don't have those, because both are addicting like crack laced with PCP and opium. I'm getting KOTOR today, regardless that I can't play Xbox(STUPID SCHOOL GRADES!@#$%) Do what you like, but remember, the force is strong in KOTOR.

Ninja Scroll
07-16-2003, 11:52 AM
I got a question fellas. In dat gamespot review they said in one of da first couple paraphrase dat you can "create" your lead character.

Is dat true, I aint heard dat anywhere?:watchout:

If so dat would be tight. I wonder if you can create a name for him too?

thrAsher
07-16-2003, 11:58 AM
Ninja: Yes you can name your character, pick their looks, skin color, everything. :cool:

IGN Your create your character from scratch choosing from female or male templates for a scoundrel (Lando here we come!), a scout or a warrior. The warrior is regarded as the most sturdy, aggressive hand-to-hand melee dude or dudette, the scoundrel is more about intelligent, non-physical problem solving and the scout splits the difference between those two. Your character type sets a limit on how easy it will be for a character to develop certain attributes and which skills will come easiest to him or her. You have the option of simply jumping into a pre-made template for your character where all of their abilities, skills and feats (more on those later) are already set for you, or you can build 'em from scratch. BioWare's considerable experience in the RPG genre means they've made character creation/editing as intuitive as possible. The interface allows you to quickly select recommended names and attribute settings for your character without pulling your hair out.
Source (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/376/376551p1.html)

IGN has been playing thru the game w/ a Dark Jedi they named Lando L. Jackson. It's been fun reading their articles on their play through of KotOR. Source (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/428/428443p1.html)

My question to any MOD who might read this is: will there be a forum for KotOR outside of the RPG forum? I mean, Brute Force has one, and that forum is a snoozer. I have no doubt that KotOR is gonna stir up a lot of chatter when XBAers start playing.

yall
07-16-2003, 12:28 PM
I am now truly torn b/n the dark and light sides of the force. I wanted to play an evil character for once, but supposedly (I got this from one of the developers interviews) playing the light side is more difficult, gives you more experience, and allows you access to several special items.

I was alos told that a certain EB near me would have copies available tonight around 6 p.m.

I'll let you all know if I'm successful...

JJaX
07-16-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by yall

I was alos told that a certain EB near me would have copies available tonight around 6 p.m.

I'll let you all know if I'm successful...

Indeed....

Im suppost to go to Brooklyn tonight, but if EB lets me have my pre-ordered KOTOR today, i might have to do that instead :P

yall
07-16-2003, 05:05 PM
Just got it! Give you a review later....