PDA

View Full Version : GTA: Vice City comming to Xbox

Xeon
07-15-2003, 10:53 PM
xbox.ign.com:

July 15, 2003 - Sources report that Rockstar's mega-money maker Grand Theft Auto: Vice City will be coming to the Xbox, possibly as soon as this holiday season.
As many insiders know, the Grand Theft Auto series is supposed to be PlayStation 2 console exclusive, however sources reveal that Rockstar is circumventing the agreement by stripping the Xbox version of the title Grand Theft Auto, and simply repackaging the game as Vice City.

Back in May, Take Two's CEO Jeffrey Lapin spoke about a major Rockstar title in development for the Xbox during the company's quarterly conference call with analysts. "We said that there will be an Xbox SKU from Rockstar in the first quarter of the fiscal year 2004 [Nov. to Jan.]," Lapin said, "but we're not going to comment on what it is at this point." It now looks like Vice City is that game.

Vice City's gameplay will be identical to the PC version that recently shipped, and might also include additional features like custom soundtracks and downloadable content.

Check back to IGN for the latest on this breaking story.

Xeon
07-15-2003, 10:54 PM
Ops, sorry...didnt see the thread below this one my bad

Slayer02
07-21-2003, 07:19 PM
Only one thing I can say here. "I told ya so."

Lord Vivic
07-22-2003, 10:44 AM
WOW!I will be sure to get that game when it comes out.

Fanobills
07-22-2003, 10:14 PM
I won't be buying it. Those games get boring after you've played your 4th or 5th mission - you just keep doing the same crap over and over - only it gets a little harder each time.

RudedogX
07-23-2003, 02:46 PM
I've said this a couple of times already, just do yourselves a favor and pass this one up for the True Crime streets of LA when it comes out.:cheers:

Lord Vivic
07-23-2003, 11:24 PM
Okay,for one I admit that the missions get boring after a while.But,you can always have fun by blowing things up.

Hugh_Jass
07-25-2003, 07:26 AM
I'll probably buy this title. I have tons of 80s music to add to my custom soundtrack. :)

MerimacHamwich
07-25-2003, 02:35 PM
I have the game on PC and I can honestly say I have yet to run into a "repeat" mission. Infact some missions are really unique and neat.

Just becuase it is on PS2 doesn't mean it is crap.

AlBoogy
07-26-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I have the game on PC and I can honestly say I have yet to run into a "repeat" mission. Infact some missions are really unique and neat.

Just becuase it is on PS2 doesn't mean it is crap.

Out of curiosity, have you played the PS2 version? If so are there any real differences in gameplay and graphics? Im assuming the graphics are better but how much better?

MerimacHamwich
07-26-2003, 02:00 PM
I haven't played it on PS2. However, from what I have heard the PS2 version looks worse, ofcourse. The PC version may include more missions, I am not sure on that. But you do have the ability to import your own music and download skins for your character. Not sure what else is different besides the obvious.

[oXo]
08-02-2003, 05:11 AM
I just got it for the pc and I must say I was pleasently surprised. Not just another port but an enhanced version compared to the ps2 release. Graphix look really good and outshine the ps2 (as well as it should) and the gameplay is sweet. If this is how the xbox version will look I won't complain....

Lord Vivic
08-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Well,to me it was a really good game.I love.

Urduhn
08-15-2003, 11:23 PM
I never got a chance to own it on PS2. I've played it a few times at a friends house. I think it's one of my favorite games ever. Now that it's coming out on the box, I finally get a chance to buy it. I just love posting up and starting mayhem, and seeing how long I can last.