PDA

View Full Version : Are Xboxes overheating alot?

TruFu
12-13-2001, 12:09 PM
I have been hearing alot about Xboxes overheating to the point of having to shut them off. Is this true? Also I heard that the next "generation" of Xboxes coming out will have an fan built in to fix this problem. If that's true then I'll wait till they have fans before I buy a Xbox.

Hugh_Jass
12-13-2001, 12:15 PM
The XBOX already has a fan.

I've never had a problem with overheating regardless of how long I play.

FpS_PhReeK
12-13-2001, 12:17 PM
Have you tried looking through previous threads in this forum concerning this issue... I mean we have all been here before.

Fact:

There are no general over heating problems or defects with the Xbox. Just don't place a blanket over it, put it in the microwave, infront of a raging fireplace, and you will be fine.

PhReeK out!

BTW welcome to the forum. ;)

ShannonX
12-13-2001, 12:18 PM
hmm. when i normally play the xbox (when i have time) i will play for extended periods of 5 - 10 hours, mainly on the weekends. I haven't not had it crash one time since i've gotten it. I have it in a well ventillated area so theres no worries about overheating.

Kamshaft
12-13-2001, 12:34 PM
My Xbox is running smooth as silk. You might of gotten a lemon...Lemons exists with everything...cars, consoles (yes, even the mighty Xbox), and even clothing!

maneatingcow
12-13-2001, 12:46 PM
..even Pepsi has lemon... the new Pepsi Twist! Available at your local grocery mart!

*maneatingcow runs away, sporting Pepsi paraphernalia and a bulging wallet*

http://xboxeggs.com/Pm1a.gif
:D

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 01:07 PM
LOL, maneatingcow

Last weekend, I played Halo for 11 straight hours then I watched a DVD movie about two hours afterwards...and, not a single glitch happened. You might want to make sure where you are getting your information to see if it's reliable. FPS_Phreek says it great...don't shove your XBox in your microwave...lol

Personally, I have my wife and several of her recent college grad friends come over and they fan my XBox with Palm Tree leaves buck naked. Yes, it interupts my game play...but, it keeps my XBox nice and cool :D

redrum237
12-13-2001, 02:23 PM
Whoa Intrupets Gameplay, On Xbox? Better tell them to leave.

J/K :D :D

GokuX
12-13-2001, 03:11 PM
Not another "does the X-Box overheat" question. NO it doesn't unless U wrap sweaters around it. I've heard so many geniuses say "it'll fry itself if U play it for more than half an hour." OK people who believe the X overheats or gets to hot to touch are devoid of any common sense whatsoever. There's no way to be nice about it because the lack of common sense is horrible. Why would any console manufacturer make a console that gets to hot to touch. If its too hot to touch then it will burn skin if it is touched to long correct? So why then would a console maker open themselves to lawsuits from parents of kids who burnt themselves on the console or who burned down their house, where U gonna set something that will catch your stuff on fire. I'm not even being harsh enuf for this lack of common sense, I'm sorry but don't believe everything U hear. P3s don't have a heat problem ok, the Xbox gets as warm or less warm than any system that has ever been made. It doesn't overheat unless U stupidly block the vents with duct tape or wrap grandmas sweater vest around it. Next fools will think U have to install a water cooling system in it that MS sells to be able to play it for 2 hours. This is completely ridiculous. NUFF SAID!

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 03:16 PM
The only way an XBox will overheat is if you don't have a naked wife and her recent college grad friends waving palm tree leaves on it to keep it cool.......well, atleast that's what I tell them :D ~Psssssssst~ ....dudes, don't say anything :D

maneatingcow
12-13-2001, 03:24 PM
lol Maximus.....

hmmm... blackmail :D I want your copy of Azurik and Amped...

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by maneatingcow
lol Maximus.....

hmmm... blackmail :D I want your copy of Azurik and Amped...

LOL...I'd rather give you my wife's naked friends :D I love those games, man!

~~XboX pRyDE!!!~~

Hugh_Jass
12-13-2001, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
The only way an XBox will overheat is if you don't have a naked wife and her recent college grad friends waving palm tree leaves on it to keep it cool.......well, atleast that's what I tell them :D ~Psssssssst~ ....dudes, don't say anything :D

Can I come over? :D

huskerman
12-13-2001, 04:37 PM
Me Too!!!

l Maximus l
12-13-2001, 04:38 PM
lol, Hugh and Huskerman....No sword fighting at my house :D

XAddict
12-13-2001, 05:01 PM
The next retard that makes a post about the xbox overheating should just go buy a friggen gamecube. THE FACTS the xbox does not overheat i played it over my friends house for about a week straight not once did the beautiful box overheat. Oh yeah my cousin got a gamecube and took it back withen a week

YESSSS