PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2...prepare to hunt in November ??

Shadow20002
07-16-2003, 02:50 PM
This is from a reliable source. But still, its JUST a rumor at this stage... Is Microsoft pulling a fast one on the competition? I'm hearing rumors that Halo 2 is in its final stages and is preparing for some heavy BETA testing for the rest of the summer and into the Fall to get it ready for its November 20 (At the latest.) release onto the Xbox.

Now that you have been given a moment to rejoice, remember that November is when most XBOX owners will lose their XBOX Live subscriptions and have to renew to play Halo on XBOX Live.

300,000 Plus new subscribers for a year? Smart thinking Microsoft.

To justify this release will most likely be a statement saying they finished it in time for 'The Christmas season' which of course is brilliant, but thats just a cover story.

Source: Rumorville, USA

borka105
07-16-2003, 03:03 PM
this would all be cool if it was a game like Malice.

BUT................................... a game like Halo doesn't need this publicity stunt!

Infact, it could only hurt sales. Don't you realize that we are talking about Halo?

all Microsoft had to do was announce this game as a November release at E3 and pre orders would have gone through the roof......

Microsoft isn't stupid....... You don't play games with a game like Halo (No pun intended). If the game could have come out this November, they would have said so to beging with.............

use your HEAD next time you read cr*P like this.

-borka105

Brevity
07-16-2003, 03:10 PM
Hummmmm I wonder. Right now though I really woud not be suprised. However, I do think its unlikely.:eek:

Kraft
07-16-2003, 03:14 PM
I doubt it is as much of a publicity stunt than it is a matter of timing. Chances are Microsoft has conversations like this with Bungie:

MSoft: We want Halo 2 in November
Bungie: It won't be done until January
MSoft: You must have misheard me. We said November
Bungie: Look, we just told you that...
MSoft: Let me phrase this differently. If we don't have Halo 2 by november, then Bungie will cease to exist.
Bungie: November it is.

Actually I doubt that happened but it is possible :) Regardless November is the best release date for a hit game, especially when it means MS would retain most of their XBL subscribers just for halo 2, plus get new subscribers on top of that. By the time January rolls around people are tired of spending their money and you wouldn't see near the sales of halo 2 as you would if it has a pre-christmas release.

Ford Mustang
07-16-2003, 05:09 PM
Sounds like something Microsoft would say, Kraft :)

And also, if you make it come out just before the majority of XBL subscriptions run out, people will get a small taste of the game and that will make XBL sales scream. And obviously, the game is going to sell great at any time, but Holiday season will show a HUGE increase in sales of all games, so that would be the ideal time to release the game.

Oh well

Wishful thinking never hurt anyone...:D

MerimacHamwich
07-16-2003, 05:14 PM
Borka, that would never hurt Halo 2's sales. If anything it would be a day of rejoice and heaven for gamers. There would tons of people flooding the stores. No matter when the release date is for Halo 2, there will be massive sales. The later the game comes out though, the less sales. This game is beyond the level of hype, this game is at the level of godlike. Nothing will hurt its sales but delays.

If it is true though and Bungie have implemented everything they want, well by the release date, then that would be so awesome.

No Fear 23
07-16-2003, 06:31 PM
well think about this, maybe bungie would release halo 2 in november, but the game wont be completed. the game would be completed upon downloadable contents. so who knows. but i'd rather have a game that is completed all together

cheetahmanhood
07-16-2003, 06:35 PM
2004 sounds like a perfect date to me, but this christmas is even better, but I want Halo 2 to be finished with no flaws, so it can be the best fps of all time!:D

dances with broom sticks
07-16-2003, 06:53 PM
I think november 15th would be the perfect release date. I mean they have had sumthin big on the 15th for 2 years now... y not 3?

Cybiker
07-16-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by dances with broom sticks
I think november 15th would be the perfect release date. I mean they have had sumthin big on the 15th for 2 years now... y not 3?

Exactlly what i was thinking man... Xbox, Xbox Live, Halo 2....that would be a smart move...plus everyone will get home...pop in halo2...and up will come a message "You need to resubscribe to Xbox Live"....heh...

embedded_rage
07-16-2003, 08:52 PM
I would rather the game be done and not pushed to a early release date,that could really hurt the sales if the game has flaws more than waiting til 2004.

lotec16
07-16-2003, 11:02 PM
whats your source for this info? are you sure this isn't old stuff, cuz thats what tey were originaly going to do but then they pushed it to 2004

shrew king
07-17-2003, 12:14 AM
That'd absolutely suck if they rushed Bungie into putting this game out prematurely. Hopefully this is untrue, because if they push for a November release chances are it will feel rushed, and be missing some great things.

evil xbox king
07-17-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by lotec16
whats your source for this info?

Originally posted by Shadow20002
Source: Rumorville, USA

----

Halo 2 coming out in November would be great!
:cheers:

borka105
07-17-2003, 08:17 AM
keeep dreaming.....................

games like Counterstrike, Vice City, Top Spin, Amped 2 and PGR 2 are enough to satisify my needs.

you guys are sounding like MS needs Halo 2 to come this year or they will cease to exist..............

w/ or w/o Halo 2, MS still has the best titles coming out this holiday season and there simply is no reason to rush Halo 2.

-borka105

ChiZel_MunKee
07-17-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by borka105
keeep dreaming.....................

games like Counterstrike, Vice City, Top Spin, Amped 2 and PGR 2 are enough to satisify my needs.

you guys are sounding like MS needs Halo 2 to come this year or they will cease to exist..............

w/ or w/o Halo 2, MS still has the best titles coming out this holiday season and there simply is no reason to rush Halo 2.

-borka105

Don't forget about Fable. Looks like it's time to get a second job.

borka105
07-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by ChiZel_MunKee

Don't forget about Fable. Looks like it's time to get a second job.

fable isn't coming out this year.

-borka105

Shadow20002
07-17-2003, 03:52 PM
First, for who have seen the 15 mins demo of Fable, you should know that this game is almost in the final stage. I got a feeling that this one will be out this year. :cool:

And for Borka105, i was report something from other Xbox fan sites, that wasn't me writing this.

here real source : Xbox 365 Dot Com

lotec16
07-17-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
First, for who have seen the 15 mins demo of Fable, you should know that this game is almost in the final stage. I got a feeling that this one will be out this year. :cool:

And for Borka105, i was report something from other Xbox fan sites, that wasn't me writing this.

here real source : Xbox 365 Dot Com who has seen the 8 min in game demo of halo? that looked done? i don't think you can really tell just by demo, but does n e one know when bungie is going into beta testing? they are probly nearing completion of a full game, full of bugs

ghost 009
08-06-2003, 01:31 PM
same thing i said. You know halo2 isn't coming out in 2/2/2004 cause they're either gonna come out with it at christmas or 5 months after christmas.

I saw the 8 minute demo like a hundred times. I think its done to. If you look at my thread it says pretty much the same thing on here.

Hugopolo
08-06-2003, 03:56 PM
They could have been done with that part of that level you it takes more than 8 mins to finish a level plus there are more levels they might not be done with

lotec16
08-07-2003, 12:07 AM
who has seen the 8 min in game demo of halo? that looked done? i don't think you can really tell just by demo, but does n e one know when bungie is going into beta testing? they are probly nearing completion of a full game, full of bugs

good thinking, i never thought of it, but they siad when its done, and maybe "done" IS a month after christmas, but i think i am going to agree with you, it will probly come out in the summer

TuffEagle88
08-07-2003, 10:13 AM
*I'm hearing rumors that Halo 2 is in its final stages and is preparing for some heavy BETA testing for the rest of the summer and into the Fall to get it ready for its November 20 (At the latest.) release onto the Xbox.*

I don't think that is reliable information at bungies homepage it said that it would be finished when it is finished and that they are sticking to their policy of not telling the public of release dates. It also isn't going to be Beta tested. The only people who are going to be testing demos are selected employees of Bungie.

Sorry to rain on yalls parade.

SoccerCJM77
08-07-2003, 11:39 AM
So what is the reliable source that you think halo 2 is coming out in november. You haven't told us yet. It would rock if it came out in november. But it probaly won't be completely finished. Many people will have to download it from xbox live, or get it from a friend a XBL downloadable content disc or they could get it from the OXM disc. Actually it would be alright if halo 2 came out in november, or I think they should give it another month into december because that is when it will sell best. also bungie said they wanted Februruay but I bet microsoft is going to push them for a earlier release. I hope it comes out in november. So how I'll get all the downloadable stuff somehow

E Nomini Patri
08-07-2003, 01:52 PM
Wow, you guys sure know how to ignore the most important thing. Bungie announced the game won't release in 2003, so stop hoping.

ghost 009
08-07-2003, 02:44 PM
i still think that they might just be saying that incase something does screw up you dont get your hopes up for christmas

No Fear 23
08-09-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Butterz
i still think that they might just be saying that incase something does screw up you dont get your hopes up for christmas

halo 2 will never come out this year. it will come out next year. period. theres no rush.

jbrentk55
08-17-2003, 06:08 PM
whether it comes out november 20th or like january 20th makes no difference to me..It would just give me something to look forward to and would enshure that the game is not rushed.

MatrixMaul
08-29-2003, 05:34 PM
Releasing Halo 2 in november wouldn't be a stupid idea at all(duh).
Reasons:
1.November is the perfect time for people to renew their Xbox Live subscriptions; this gives the customer even MORE of a reason to not miss out.
2.If Halo 2 is released in January, many people will still have backlashes from Christmas(Quanza, and whatever the cr*p else people celebrate)....people will basically be out of money for a while.
3.GOOD GOD, MAN! Its Halo! Who wants to wait the extra few months??!?!

ghost 009
08-29-2003, 05:58 PM
Well if it does come out in november we have about 2 or 3 months and the first 2 months of school usaully go by fast.

Hugopolo
08-30-2003, 02:54 PM
Great comment butterz

mattgame
09-05-2003, 03:09 PM
There will be a demo out for Halo 2 by Christmas and that's it. I don't want them to rush this game and ends up being screwed up. March 3, 2004 is fine.

lotec16
09-06-2003, 12:31 PM
There won't be a playable demo by the public, it's way to big of a game to do that, thats like a AA game might do that, but this is a AAA game times 5!

lethaldosex
09-17-2003, 12:04 PM
If you read in the xbox mag. i think its in octobers under loose talk it might have been pushed to early summer!!!???!!!!

Rob86ZX
09-17-2003, 05:07 PM
This holiday season already has enough great games: PGR2, CounterStrike, Rainbow Six 3. I will be happy to wait on Halo 2, well not happy but content with what games will be coming out until then.

Prankster101
09-17-2003, 08:08 PM
I also saw that in the xbox mag it kinda scared me. :cry: :cry:

lethaldosex
09-17-2003, 09:57 PM
if it is real... man i will be so ****ed off. I can wait till march but not almost a year come on!

mattgame
09-18-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by lethaldosex
If you read in the xbox mag. i think its in octobers under loose talk it might have been pushed to early summer!!!???!!!!

Oh God No!!!!!!!:cry:

lotec16
09-18-2003, 08:21 PM
well, at least by then ill be able to drive myself before the store opens, and i havn't even gotten my temps yet :watchout:

Douchesforfun
09-24-2003, 04:30 PM
that would be kool.... if it came out earlier, although i dont see how it could hurt sales if it came out around christmas time. All i think that would do is improve sales. Enlighten me on the subject im a little confused

TuffEagle88
09-24-2003, 08:29 PM
It will never get out this year. NEVER! Count on a few months after Christmas.

mattgame
09-25-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by stripwire
that would be kool.... if it came out earlier, although i dont see how it could hurt sales if it came out around christmas time. All i think that would do is improve sales. Enlighten me on the subject im a little confused

I guess what they're saying is if a product is rushed then it may not be as good. Then again they could be saying that there are so many hot titles coming out that Halo2 would be affected by the stiff comp. I think it should come out when it is perfect and prepared to take over the seat as the best game ever.

Doom3_
09-27-2003, 09:30 AM
:)

AC/DC Halo Man
09-28-2003, 01:44 AM
MS wont die if it takes a little longer to come out...I mean I love Halo alot i mean i barely get enough time to get on my computer cuz im on my xbox playing halo and soul calibur 2 with some mech assault.

I'd rather, though, have the game be perfect, and january may be the best time to come out with it, considering us kids get birthday money, and january people will be too broke to get it, and more chance of me getting it....

Anyway, Halo 2 is gonna rock and im willing to wait paitenly for it, just as i wait paitenly for Bungie to claim world domination!!

:D :)

AC/DC Halo Man
09-28-2003, 12:29 PM
dont you guys review? im new and i do! Its coming out spring of 2004, so dont get any early hopes up

SnoochyBoochy
09-28-2003, 03:35 PM
sheesh if halo 2 does come out in november, i'll be buying counterstrike and halo 2!!! i'm gonna have to work extra hard to come up with the money for this. plus i have to save for everyone else's christmas presents. where's that money tree when i need it?

AC/DC Halo Man
09-28-2003, 04:05 PM
Like i said its coming out so far from now, april about, so you should have enough money bout then SO you better be watching out :watchout:

Shadow20002
09-29-2003, 11:11 AM
Yeah, now the true is that it's gonna come in April 2004. ;)

Stygard
10-03-2003, 06:26 PM
My vote is for November. Microsoft has got more class than to send out an unfinished game. Other companies however( Blizzard and Diablo II). Microsoft realizes if Halo2 fails in any way they are just opening the door for other consoles to make up ground. Halo and XBOX are synonomous withFPS. Bungie has alot of pressure to have aamazing and finished game by November. Microsoft could make them very happyy...

AC/DC Halo Man
10-03-2003, 09:27 PM
First of all, Diablo 2 is not a company, its a game by the company you mentioned which would be Blizzard. You are retarded. And November being a release date would be to early for this game. Halo 2 is still in the process of making the game perfect, so when it comes out, it'll be worth the wait.

Stygard
10-04-2003, 01:12 AM
Retarded seems like a word to big for your limited thirteen year old volcabulary.
When you understand how to apply the word corectly perhaps they will let you into Junior High. Being retarted means having diminshed mental capacity, like yourself for example. When I refered to Blizzard and D2, I was talking about the ****ty job they did with that game, releasing it before it was ready. Of course you were still feeding from your mother's milk when that game came out While I did definetly did not think "Diablo II" was a company, you might have thought yourself clever. Next time you want to insult someone, go find a pre-school student, you might not embarass yourself.

AC/DC Halo Man
10-04-2003, 03:22 AM
First of all, im never embarassed, secondly, my "13 year old vocabulary" is alot bigger than you precieved possible. Oh, and if i wanted to insult preschoolers i dont see the problem in insulting you for that role, you maybe older, but you sure dont act it. If you think your more mature than me, and you told me what you did, i'd think twice, so watch how u speak to people, i really didnt mean anything but two can play at insulting.

AC/DC Halo Man
10-04-2003, 03:31 AM
oh not to mention, if you dont want people thinking that when you say "Other companies (like blizzard and Diablo II)" You mean both of them as a company, thang reword your sentances, im 13 and i know. I dont really want a fight, yet i will defend pride and confidence, if you try and tear it down i will fight for it. Your insults really didnt strike a blow because i know im more mature than you tell me i am. So when you think next time an 8th grader has the vocabulary and maturity of a preschool child, your mistaken, so plz, only say things you know are true.

AC/DC Halo Man
10-04-2003, 03:39 AM
Ya know, i keep checking your post, and im bugged by what you say. D2 didnt come out till 1998 so i definatly wasnt still on my "mothers milk". If i was one of such "Low mental capacity", tell me why my vocabulary and ability to handle this situation more maturely seems to be exceeding that of your own mental capacity. So when you wanna insult some one, insult some one on your own very low brain level, so you wont embarass your self. Oh and if your anticipated reaction comes out, "I will insult people on my own brain level, but your to low for that" or something in anyway as such, let me tell you now you are one sad person and obviously u didnt get the message.

ghost 009
10-04-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by SnoochyBoochy
sheesh if halo 2 does come out in november, i'll be buying counterstrike and halo 2!!! i'm gonna have to work extra hard to come up with the money for this. plus i have to save for everyone else's christmas presents. where's that money tree when i need it?

yep, and even if halo 2 doesnt come out I will be playing cs like crazy cause it doesnt work very much on my computer.

Stygard
10-04-2003, 05:08 PM
look kid, enough is enough. With age comes experience, the fact that I was playing original Nintendo before you were born doesn't give me the right to insult you. You are obviously smarter than I assumed. If you really want to know I do, I am a unniversity student studying to be a Lutheran Minister. There think twice! Be cool, stay in school!!! Age is something I should not fault you for, you have no choice in the matter.

To the general audience: I still think that halo2 should come out in november, I very well may not, but as far as markerting would go, November would be genious. ::D

Stygard
10-04-2003, 05:10 PM
typo correction:

"i very well may not",-----> IT very well may not

ghost 009
10-05-2003, 06:19 PM
People need to stop getting so offensive when it comes to games.

Stygard
10-05-2003, 08:33 PM
;) Right on, I agree totally

mattgame
10-06-2003, 09:28 AM
What is going on? This thread is about Halo 2 right?

Shadow20002
10-06-2003, 11:33 AM
Hey.. guys stop cussing or the mods will erase this thread in a sec.

Now back to Halo 2.... ;)

AC/DC Halo Man
10-10-2003, 10:07 PM
Well Stygard, i thank you for that and i apoligize myself. I may be thirteen but i love to write and im not one of those jerk jocks, im a scholar and i have a huge list of vocabulary, someone that would be called a "Nerd". I shouldnt have blatenly and straight out just called u a retard, im sorry for that. So my reaction as well as yours, were both very uncalled for so we are even and i hope things are clear between us now. good luck to you at the university i plan to make my way to a university to be a writer, so nice talking with ya. And i agree, tempers need to be controlled.

CarGuy
10-12-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by AC/DC Halo Man
Well Stygard, i thank you for that and i apoligize myself. I may be thirteen but i love to write and im not one of those jerk jocks, im a scholar and i have a huge list of vocabulary, someone that would be called a "Nerd". I shouldnt have blatenly and straight out just called u a retard, im sorry for that. So my reaction as well as yours, were both very uncalled for so we are even and i hope things are clear between us now. good luck to you at the university i plan to make my way to a university to be a writer, so nice talking with ya. And i agree, tempers need to be controlled.

You need to work on your commas little scholar boy. ;) Also, don't forget you should never start a sentence with "And".

TuffEagle88
10-12-2003, 09:10 PM
A nerd that doesn't know jack-squat about grammar;). Oh well, I've seen worse.

AC/DC Halo Man
10-15-2003, 11:44 PM
First, i dont need a school lesson from you. I started the sentence with "And" because if i kept going it would be considered a run on sentance. You are not my teacher, or my parent for that fact, so plz dont bother me on my grammer. My argument was with Stygard, not with you and it was ended. Dont start another.

Dark Prophet
10-15-2003, 11:51 PM
if you were not in the conversation, stay away from it. im sure you need to read the whole argument to get whats going on so keep to your own business, unless your invited into it.

Your just giving a reason for people to hate or become annoyed with you.

Stygard
10-16-2003, 12:01 AM
Strangely enough I am backing up AC/DC here. You can start a complete sentence with "and".
That is beside the point, he and I honourably came to an understanding and the argument is over.

The real issue here is that as October drags on, the likelyhood (as I perhaps hopefully predicited) that Halo2 would come out in November is growing smaller.

Soon we will know fo sure that I was wrong when Microsoft doesn't release Halo2. Oh well, sure was nice to dream....

:( ;) :eek: :D

Dark Prophet
10-16-2003, 12:05 AM
Stygard and AC/DC seemed to have worked this out, so see? dont get into others business.

AC/DC Halo Man
10-16-2003, 12:09 AM
THank you dark prophet, we have. In fact, i wouldnt mind getting to know Stygard as a friend now that our little escapade is over. So, the dicision to make friends is up to you Stygard, so just let me know:D

Stygard
10-16-2003, 12:17 AM
Ya dude, I'll be your friend. I sent a PM, check it out. But all of us are abusing this thread.

So does anyone still think that Halo2 will come out in November?

AC/DC Halo Man
10-16-2003, 12:20 AM
Right you are and i just pmed you back so check it out later. And your right, we are abusing this thread.

Halo2s probability of coming out this november is small, but with every small opportunity, there is still that small chance of it happening. For you and your dreams, i hope it does, and if it comes out sooner, the better. I just hope coming out sooner means it will be perfect.

Stygard
10-16-2003, 12:32 AM
Despite my dreams I would want it to be perfect, rather than sooner. But still, as soon as it is perfect, the Master Chief and I will have a date, a very long date.

AC/DC Halo Man
10-16-2003, 12:34 AM
u wouldnt mind if i joined would ya? If it comes out in november, then its as perfect as they could make it, bungie and MS arent stupid (or to uneducated) enough to do a stupid stunt as such. So if it comes out, great, if it doesnt, they're making it perfect, and i can wait, i guess.

Shadow20002
10-16-2003, 01:03 PM
Well, that's what we want: a fight ended being friends. Congratulations guys !!! ;)

AC/DC Halo Man
10-16-2003, 01:15 PM
Thanks Shadow, thats exactaly how it should end, friends. We started off bad, now we are buds. So enjoy debating this and i've done my contributions to it im just waitn for a reply but hey, be cool! stay in school!

AC/DC signing off

TuffEagle88
10-16-2003, 02:39 PM
damn! me and car guy are catching all of this ***** over two posts we made. I don't know what makes any of you think that I don't know what they were arguing about, but I was one of the first ones to reply to this thread and have read everything since. You don't have and shouldn't expect to have a private agruement inside of the forums without having other people comment on it.
If carguy and I don't have the right to comment on posts then none of you have the right to scold us. We were both kidding which was obvious to anyone with half a wit, but evidently some of you don't have that.
I'm glad that you could all work out your squabble without resulting in bloodshed, but you need to give us some slack. If you can't do that I suggest that you get some hemroid ointment, take a prozac, shut the heck up, and then take a nap.

AC/DC Halo Man
10-16-2003, 03:10 PM
first tuff eagle, i admitt we were a little jumpy, but, however, typing is not an easy way to tell if your kidding and if you go insulting my wit or Stygards wit, back down boy cuz we wont stand for it.

Yes it is good we solved the problem, but u are just starting more by calling us "Half Witted". So if you want a fight u have one, but i suggest u apoligize, and on top of that im sorry my self.

TuffEagle88
10-16-2003, 06:15 PM
alright I appoligize and definately don't want to see another non-halo related arguement, especially be responsible for starting it. Off topic arguements really cheapen the threads, and turn them into an episode of jerry springer. You are right that it isn't always easy to tell if someone is joking, but I would like to mention that both of us had smilies in our posts. Alright I'm through, back to Halo 2.

Its almost Nov. and there hasn't been a release date anounced or any clue that it is gonna come out soon, so I'm gonna bet that it is still gonna come out around March to April

AC/DC Halo Man
10-16-2003, 06:34 PM
Thank you and i am sorry as well. I hate jerry springer any way so....

...back to halo 2 in november probability.

Well, if it comes out in november, it better be perfect, and if it isnt, Bungie is gunna hit the bottom of the drain, and fast. MS wont be affected, they will secretly brush it off, pretending bungie never existed. bungie right now is strongly depending on Halo 2 because other than halo, alot of their games suck. So in conclusion, whether it comes out in november or not is not the concern for me, its if its gunna be any good.

bungie cant afford this kinda downfall

mattgame
10-17-2003, 10:07 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's not gonna happen. Can we close this now? I mean unless someone has some concrete proof why drag this out? :huh:

AC/DC Halo Man
10-17-2003, 12:54 PM
Y do u need to contridict everything t_howell? Y cant we discuss this here? We made this one, we replied, and we can talk all we want about it. So plz, if you think its so pointless, just leave.:huh:

mattgame
10-17-2003, 01:39 PM
Y do u need to contridict everything t_howell? Y cant we discuss this here? We made this one, we replied, and we can talk all we want about it. So plz, if you think its so pointless, just leave.:huh:

Are you still here? Well since you are let's do this. I don't understand what contridict means. Are you trying to say contradict? If so there is nothing contradictory about my statement. I was simply suggesting that if someone could please provide me with a reason for this thread to continue it's meager existence without a thread (no pun intended) of evidence. That's all sir. There is no need to be so harsh as to wish I no longer participate in what brings me so much joy. There is no need to type such strong words when there is no way they could be proven whether you could make an individual leave any situation. Let's grow up and at least pretend we're adults. K? ;)

AC/DC Halo Man
10-17-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by t_howell

Are you still here? Well since you are let's do this. I don't understand what contridict means. Are you trying to say contradict? If so there is nothing contradictory about my statement. I was simply suggesting that if someone could please provide me with a reason for this thread to continue it's meager existence without a thread (no pun intended) of evidence. That's all sir. There is no need to be so harsh as to wish I no longer participate in what brings me so much joy. There is no need to type such strong words when there is no way they could be proven whether you could make an individual leave any situation. Let's grow up and at least pretend we're adults. K? ;)

All you do is bring more problems to this thread that we dont need. And yes, i made a typo error, so what? U are not a teacher to me or a parent in that fact so lay off. U dont need to go around correcting everything everyone says. Yes there will be typo errors, and yes this thread may not have much a point but it can change into something else, y destroy it? You are just one of those people that try to bring everyone down to your immaturaty level by causing problems and being an annoying spell check person. No one cares, niether should u.

Mephestipholes
10-18-2003, 03:20 AM
I dont want to start anything, but t_howell, lay off, leave AC/DC alone, if they want to continue the pointless thread let em, dont go buggin everyone about it and u shouldnt care. But i dont want to start anything, and i have seen how u and a bunch of others have been buggin the hell out of em from that Eminem post, so just stop. He really wasnt saying anything to you, we was saying it to Eminem, so leave him alone plz.

mattgame
10-18-2003, 02:22 PM

All you do is bring more problems to this thread that we dont need. And yes, i made a typo error, so what? U are not a teacher to me or a parent in that fact so lay off. U dont need to go around correcting everything everyone says. Yes there will be typo errors, and yes this thread may not have much a point but it can change into something else, y destroy it? You are just one of those people that try to bring everyone down to your immaturaty level by causing problems and being an annoying spell check person. No one cares, niether should u.

I hear you sir. There is no harm intended in my statement. I guess I just released some frustration about having to wait so long for this game. However, I am allowed to state my opinion and if anyone disagrees by all means that too is their right. I encourage people to disagree often times disagreement leads to solutions. Now, we can discuss this issue in an adult fashion or we need not communicate any further. Please enjoy the rest of your day sir. :)

mattgame
10-18-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Mephestipholes
I dont want to start anything, but t_howell, lay off, leave AC/DC alone, if they want to continue the pointless thread let em, dont go buggin everyone about it and u shouldnt care. But i dont want to start anything, and i have seen how u and a bunch of others have been buggin the hell out of em from that Eminem post, so just stop. He really wasnt saying anything to you, we was saying it to Eminem, so leave him alone plz.

I think he was bugged because of the way he presents himself. I learned early on that the mods and the participants on this site are serious. Therefore, when an individual comes off as being less than that he or she will be addressed immediately. Opinions vary so much. They are like a- holes, evreyone has one. You say I shouldn't care, I say who are you to determine what I care about. Those are opinions. We should not be so sensitive to them. Instead maybe you or AC/DC can explain to me the point of this thread. Give me your opinion. Don't whine about what I wrote. We're bigger than that gentlemen. Have a nice day. :)

mattgame
10-18-2003, 02:42 PM
BTW which address are you going to use AC/DC or methamphetamines or whatever your alter ego is.:rofl:

Mephestipholes
10-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Like i said in the eminem post, im not AC/DC im his friend simply spending the night at his house and he instructed me to make an account, he tells me he may never get on this place again, and, i will give u my opinion on continuing this post: it may say to talk about Halo 2 but its probably going to end up being a discucssion of social activity instead of Halo2

So again, sorry to burst any bubbles Sherlock.:p

If you want to discuss this like gentlemen, by all means, start up, im interested in what u have to say:)

mattgame
10-20-2003, 08:34 AM
Like i said in the eminem post, im not AC/DC im his friend simply spending the night at his house and he instructed me to make an account, he tells me he may never get on this place again, and, i will give u my opinion on continuing this post: it may say to talk about Halo 2 but its probably going to end up being a discucssion of social activity instead of Halo2

So again, sorry to burst any bubbles Sherlock.:p

If you want to discuss this like gentlemen, by all means, start up, im interested in what u have to say:)

I am certain that this game will not be out in November as I am sure most of us who are not immersed in denial are sure it will not be out in November. This thread is about Halo 2 hunt in Nov. Therefore, we know it's not possible. Subsequently, in my opinion this thread has become pointless. :)

TuffEagle88
10-20-2003, 09:34 PM

I am certain that this game will not be out in November as I am sure most of us who are not immersed in denial are sure it will not be out in November. This thread is about Halo 2 hunt in Nov. Therefore, we know it's not possible. Subsequently, in my opinion this thread has become pointless. :)

Yea I agree. IMO, if you want to discuss something other than Halo 2 possibly coming out in November, which never will, but someone could be praying until December, then I think that you should perhaps create another thread or find another one to discuss whatever you want to talk about in. But, I also understand those who want to let this thread wander and become something else, but as of yet I have seen nothing come from the conintuation of this thread other than pointless arguements. ??????????? What to do? Whatever are we, poor souls to do??? :huh:

mattgame
10-21-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by TuffEagle88

Yea I agree. IMO, if you want to discuss something other than Halo 2 possibly coming out in November, which never will, but someone could be praying until December, then I think that you should perhaps create another thread or find another one to discuss whatever you want to talk about in. But, I also understand those who want to let this thread wander and become something else, but as of yet I have seen nothing come from the conintuation of this thread other than pointless arguements. ??????????? What to do? Whatever are we, poor souls to do??? :huh:

Yeah, I know. I just had to give it to this character. I am not even gonna waste my time on this thread anymore.

EHWfedPres
10-21-2003, 01:24 PM
Can't we all just get along?

mattgame
10-21-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Can't we all just get along?

Yes we can and for the most part we do. I am a pretty nice guy but I know how to get down too.:D

EHWfedPres
10-21-2003, 01:52 PM

Yes we can and for the most part we do. I am a pretty nice guy but I know how to get down too.:D

Well you should learn how to get up also. :huh:

mattgame
10-21-2003, 01:54 PM

Well you should learn how to get up also. :huh:

:huh:

EHWfedPres
10-21-2003, 01:56 PM
I dont know what that means either.

mattgame
10-21-2003, 02:01 PM
I dont know what that means either.

:D

TuffEagle88
10-21-2003, 03:56 PM
t_howell, I thought you were leaving????;)

Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Becausepeoplearejackasses Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Itsbecauseofthecommunists Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Thedamnliberalsareruiningtheworld Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends?

That my friends, is what we call subliminal messaging. Why I did it, I don't know, maybe a pepsi commerical made me do it.

mattgame
10-21-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by TuffEagle88
t_howell, I thought you were leaving????;)

Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Becausepeoplearejackasses Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Itsbecauseofthecommunists Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Thedamnliberalsareruiningtheworld Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends?

That my friends, is what we call subliminal messaging. Why I did it, I don't know, maybe a pepsi commerical made me do it.

Now this thread has meaning;) I keep trying to leave but the public won't let me go. It's only when I start to bleed is when my pain will show. I don't know why I wrote that I just made it up.:)

TuffEagle88
10-21-2003, 04:04 PM
Just doing my part to bring this thread to an important issue, how pepsi is brain washing hard core coke fans into becoming hooked on mountain dew.:D

Mephestipholes
10-21-2003, 06:34 PM
im sorry your right, and dont listen to those subliminal messages!

mattgame
10-22-2003, 08:24 AM
im sorry your right, and dont listen to those subliminal messages!

Welcome Meph!:)

gerbil
10-22-2003, 09:23 AM
who has seen the 8 min in game demo of halo? that looked done? i don't think you can really tell just by demo, but does n e one know when bungie is going into beta testing? they are probly nearing completion of a full game, full of bugs

actually, when the halo2 preview came out ... it was awesome .. tons of 'OHHS' and 'AHHS' .. but a month later the same video was out online where u can d/l it .. if you look closely on some of the scenes it was different from what they showed on E3 ...

mattgame
10-22-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by gerbil

actually, when the halo2 preview came out ... it was awesome .. tons of 'OHHS' and 'AHHS' .. but a month later the same video was out online where u can d/l it .. if you look closely on some of the scenes it was different from what they showed on E3 ...

Is that good or bad?

Mephestipholes
10-22-2003, 06:25 PM
thank u for welcoming me!

StudioAlex
10-23-2003, 09:53 AM
I love ya'll Xbox owners! PS2 and Sony rulz the toilet. and Game cube too. you peole shoud never go a die and shut up the xbxo critics.

I just wanted to post something in this ridiculous thread.

CrazyCougar
10-23-2003, 12:43 PM
Hey Studio, getting around the site censors is a major NO-NO. Dont wanna see that again, man. Consider this your warning. Also, don't post in a thread if you dont have something productive to say.

StudioAlex
10-23-2003, 04:25 PM
Just a joke, big man. Jeez...

In the future, just delete the post. I'd rather you not edit it.

Shadow20002
10-23-2003, 04:58 PM
It's still going far this thread...yup keep going until Halo 2 launch.

Prankster101
10-23-2003, 06:08 PM
Anyone think being a covenent during mulitiplayer will be a little weird,

running like under warthogs as a grunt :D

Will being diffrent charecters give you diffrent abilities like moving faster and jumping higher ect...?

StudioAlex
10-24-2003, 11:53 AM
Why would I play as a grunt? I want to be the big ape thing! Or a jedi. They have those in Halo right? Can I import my level three mage/thief?

TuffEagle88
10-24-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Prankster101

Will being diffrent charecters give you diffrent abilities like moving faster and jumping higher ect...?

That would be pretty cool, be an elite, or a hunter or those big ugly monkeys. It looked to me that those things would be too easy to kill, but it looked awesome how they could jump on the warthog, and its really nice that the marines can drive now.

Shadow, love the new sig, very cool.

JediMasterChief
10-26-2003, 01:31 AM
Halo 2 will be very different...but better. I can't wait. However, it will probably be released March 2004 if all goes well.

Has anyone noticed that this thread is getting quite long.

ghost 009
10-26-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Prankster101

As long as the level will be good, playing as a covenant will be good. EX: I would hate playing as a covenant on Blood Gulch because I would rather play as a covenant on Sidewinder or a building

mattgame
10-27-2003, 01:02 PM
Where am I? Oh I thought this thread was over. Okay, I have a question though: Is playing as different characters what is meant by mods or something like that?

George89
10-29-2003, 06:16 PM
That would be so cool if it came out in November. In my opinion, i think they are sticking to the April 2004 release.

mattgame
10-30-2003, 08:31 AM
Can someone answer my question?

TuffEagle88
10-30-2003, 04:03 PM
Can someone answer my question?

Your question? oh, the one about where you are or if the character selection is what the mods were? As far as I know of course there are several variations of the warthog, a few new cov. vechiles, a bunch of new weapons, new enemies, and you can now do combo melee attacks, but I think that we all knew this already. So what is your question?

StudioAlex
10-31-2003, 11:33 AM
Where am I? Oh I thought this thread was over. Okay, I have a question though: Is playing as different characters what is meant by mods or something like that?

Mods are usually custom skins players use in deathmatch. I think people are talking about wanting to play dm as elites and what not.

mattgame
10-31-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by StudioAlex

Mods are usually custom skins players use in deathmatch. I think people are talking about wanting to play dm as elites and what not.

Thank you sir. That's what I thought.

xXx-Tricky-xXx
11-02-2003, 03:08 PM
atleast w eknow you can fly banshees in multiplayer
and blowing up tires when someones driving it will be cool
so im guessing u can actually blow up vehicles now

Conchord
11-02-2003, 07:49 PM

A mod, for PC gamers, can be anything that 'modifies' the original game. they are downloaded into the game's folders, and they can change anything-vehicle skins, character models, add new levels, enable multi-player in a single-play game, create NEW levels altoghter, create new missions, and so much more. Usually, mods from xbox LIVE! are generally useless....player skins and game saves...until they really utilize it like they did for Kola Cell, thats pretty much all we're gonna get.

mattgame
11-03-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by xbocks

A mod, for PC gamers, can be anything that 'modifies' the original game. they are downloaded into the game's folders, and they can change anything-vehicle skins, character models, add new levels, enable multi-player in a single-play game, create NEW levels altoghter, create new missions, and so much more. Usually, mods from xbox LIVE! are generally useless....player skins and game saves...until they really utilize it like they did for Kola Cell, thats pretty much all we're gonna get.

I thank you for that info.