PDA

View Full Version : Action Replay

jelgiad
07-17-2003, 11:28 AM
i was thinking about buying an Action Replay for Xbox. Does anyone here have one and can give me any comments on them?

P.S.
I am not a cheater. I always beat a game at least once before i use any kinds of codes. :cheers:

Kraft
07-17-2003, 12:31 PM
I have yet to use one, but would like to comment that I believe there is nothing wrong with cheating, either kind. You have one kind of cheating that is my favorite, which is pretending you are god and walking around doing impossible stuff. One of my favorites was turning on god mode in Doom and got thwacking some hell demons with a knife, or a rocket launcher from 2 ft. away. The other cheating, cheating to advance in a game, is cool too if you are geniuinly stuck at a certain point. A lot of times the game makers overlook stuff when setting difficulty levels (if they have those at all) and some gamers can find certain parts almost impossible to accomplish. Using a cheat to bypass that part and continue on with the game can save hella frustration.

AloneInTheDark
07-17-2003, 12:41 PM
I have to disagree with you kraft, I think you should always beat a game first, to get the full umm..effect of a game, after that cheat away. But thats just me :cheers:

BigJosh359
07-17-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
I have to disagree with you kraft, I think you should always beat a game first, to get the full umm..effect of a game, after that cheat away. But thats just me :cheers:

No. you play the game the way you want to and most of the time its whatever it takes to have the most fun from the game.

Play your games your way, everyone else will play it their way. :p

ZooLaBuS
07-17-2003, 04:33 PM
I personally have an Action Replay and LOVE IT! I would definently get one, but not an Action Replay. I would trade mine for this one any day: Mega X-Key.

Features:
* Portable, Lightweight, Easy-to-Use
* Holds 32 MB (4x capacity of standard memory card & action replay)
* Preloaded with loads of exclusive saves and cheats
* Supports XBox Live Save Game data
* Skins support
* Allows you to run XBox-Linux using 007/Mechassualt save hack
* Allows you to resign your hack save games
* Includes Mega X-Key Software (Free Software Updates)
* Plug-and-Play though USB port on your PC
* Software requires Windows 98 or higher
* Hardware requires PC with USB port

http://www.megaxkey.com

Dyslexic Chaos
07-18-2003, 10:16 AM
I won one is the 30 day giveaway. It's awesome for what I use it for, which is unlocking stuff in Live enabled games that I dont want to have to play through the boring single player to get

IE: all the guns in GR
Wolf 3D in RTCW
All paint jobs and cars in MM3
All Tetris Online cheats *wink wink* 1337 HAXORING FO LIFE, Right alone???

WynnFire
07-19-2003, 08:10 PM
I have a Action Replay for the Xbox. It has saved my butt in several games. Certain areas I couldn't pass, I downloaded the saves that were past that. It was either that or breaking the game disk into little pieces. I only download when I absolutely positively need too.

Discretion
07-21-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Jerred B
I won one is the 30 day giveaway. It's awesome for what I use it for, which is unlocking stuff in Live enabled games that I dont want to have to play through the boring single player to get

Wolf 3D in RTCW
That's exactly why I bought myself an Action Replay!

l Maximus l
07-21-2003, 01:34 AM
I've never owned such a thing. I just like to play games the way the developers intended for gamers to play it. I have no qualms that anyone else does, it's just for me, I'd rather play it from scratch.

AloneInTheDark
07-21-2003, 08:36 AM

Wolf 3D in RTCW

Hahaha you're funny...wait, no youre not. And Josh, I never said people couldnt do it, I was just saying I perfer to beat a game first :mad:

Toder
07-22-2003, 10:44 AM

Wolf 3D in RTCW
All Tetris Online cheats *wink wink* 1337 HAXORING FO LIFE, Right alone??? ]

You just sold me on buying this product. I have GR and bought it soley for online play. But all of the kits and and game types you have to unlock. well that game got tosted aside and been playing other games but i will pick up this product in a few hours. I've played GR on my pc alot I've become very patient on waiting for the time to take my shoot. Oh i will also be picking up RTCW to see what all the commotion is about.

Jafo232
07-23-2003, 02:47 AM
I try to beat the game without any cheats, once finished and if I really liked the game, I will cheat my way through it so I can take my time and find cool stuff.

treyz3
07-24-2003, 10:49 AM
They're great for sports games, too. For instance, you can download rosters with all of the players named in NCAA Football 2004.

mrmp3
07-24-2003, 12:42 PM
I don't like using cheats though I see there is nothing wrong with using them. I just hate the people who are like "Vice City was hard for you? Man it was so easy I beat it in 2 days" then you go over load their game and they got infinite cash all guns, all cars, etc. If you cheat you have no right to brag.

The only time I got a significant amount of use out of a cheating device was my Gameshark Pro for N64. First off, it was fairly easy hacking infinite health and infinite ammo codes. Second, the good hackers literally change the game as much as a mod (i.e. The No Mercy hacking scene completely changed the game. New Matches, moves, attires, etc. For the time and the hardware they had, it was quite impressive).