PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about

Tommy0512
07-17-2003, 11:34 AM
Hi all. I am new guy here and no I dont have an XBOX. Here is what I been thinking. I am a long time PC gamer and its time for that dredded major upgrade again. Only this time I was thinking of upgrading to XBOX and not going the PC route anymore due to the cost and stuff of the pc upgrades all the time.

1. How do XBOX games compair to PC games?
2. Do you guys get alot of the same titles?
3. Do they make expansion packs for XBOX games?
4. Anybody else ditch PC games and go console?
5. Should I forget XBOX and stay PC?

Xbox Owner
07-17-2003, 11:55 AM
They have almost all the same games..

IE. Halo (Of course), Knights of the Old Republic, Splinter cell, Ghost Recon, Return to Castle Wolfenstien, Motogp 2, and a bunch more.

And upcoming games that are on Xbox/PC

Doom III, Half Life 2 Counterstrike are all coming to Xbox and/or PC, and a lot more, those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head, because those are the one's I want. :)

Well, expansion packs aren't really "expansion packs", they're more like sequels for consoles, but if you get Xbox Live, you can download content which is a expansion pack in a way.

I can't say I ditched the PC for consoles, because my PC has always sucked, and I don't have enough cash for an upgrade. I am getting a new PC in a few months, though. :)

Well, it's really up to you to say with PC or go Xbox. Xbox Live is pretty damn good compared to PC gaming, IMO, and plus, you can play multiplayer with your friends on split screen (eh..) just incase a friend comes over. Sports games are usually better on consoles, just because you can control them better, same with most racing games, IMO. PC has much better graphics of course, but not all PC games have great graphics. (Niether do Xbox games, but still..)

Plus, there are a bunch of awesome games coming out that won't be on PC, Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden, Fable, B.C., and if you like sports games, there is XSN (Xbox Sports Network) for all the Microsoft sports games (sucks it wont be the 2k's), but you can like make clans and have brackets for tortaments and that kind of stuff.

Well, I hope this helps you out...maybe you should get an Xbox, I mean, it's only $180, well, $230 if you get Xbox Live.

ARONO129
07-17-2003, 12:01 PM
I bought my Xbox instead of playing the PC upgrade game. That was one of the best decisions I've made. Not only do I not have to worry about upgrading my PIII, 700mhz but Xbox games are great and I don't have to worry about conflicts like I used to when installing a PC game.

Tommy0512
07-17-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ARONO129
I bought my Xbox instead of playing the PC upgrade game. That was one of the best decisions I've made. Not only do I not have to worry about upgrading my PIII, 700mhz but Xbox games are great and I don't have to worry about conflicts like I used to when installing a PC game.

Thats one of the reasons I am thinking of going console route. I figure this uprage is gonna cost me about 1400 bucks and then there is always more stuff that needs done down the road.

Papke
07-17-2003, 12:28 PM
If I had to choose between an xbox and a PC strictly for gaming. Xbox wins hands down. In my opinion, the only reason pc gaming is so popular is to play online. Xbox live has you covered there. Don't get me wrong, I play my pc just as much as my xbox, but with games like Half life 2, HALO 2!! and Doom 3 on there way to xbox and no need to worry about spending 3,000 bucks just to be able to play them, xbox wins.

AloneInTheDark
07-17-2003, 12:54 PM
I love my xbox dearly, but there are some games that I just cant go without playing (bf1942 and Raven Shield) So I am upgrading, but the xbox is great, get live and rtcw and you'll be set for ages.

jelgiad
07-17-2003, 01:53 PM
there are also some game types that suck on console. You hardly see any rts games on console, and when you do, they really suck. if you like games like that (warcraft, aoe/aom, civ, etc.) then you may want to go the upgrading route

X-Fan
07-18-2003, 02:36 AM
dude there are a lot of headaches in pc gaming but u know sometimes it could be worth it but on the other hand i say if uare willing to go either one of those and u vcant afford both then u gotta go xbox man coz in the long run run not only it would save u a lot of money/headache u can be sure when u see the xbox logo on the jewel case that whatever the game its going to run on ur xbox which is unlike pc.

Duke
07-18-2003, 10:54 AM
I was in the same situation. Tired of poor performance on new pc games, but not really wanting to invest the money really needed to get everything out of pc versions.

Went w/ xbox. No regrets. But it's a purely personal decision. Many pc gamers rarely touch or even ditched their xboxs. Maybe because I first got into games on a console, but I prefer them.

One of the most attractive things to me are the level playing field. I don't have to worry that I didn't buy the newest gfx card, or need a faster processor to compete. And, as far as I know (with the exception of bugs) still no ways to cheat on xbl.

Laxeph
07-19-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Tommy0512

Thats one of the reasons I am thinking of going console route. I figure this uprage is gonna cost me about 1400 bucks and then there is always more stuff that needs done down the road.

Your a damn fool if you are gonna spend $1400 on an upgrade.

frog11983
07-19-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Laxeph

Your a damn fool if you are gonna spend $1400 on an upgrade.

not really. an upgrade can be considered buying a whole new system, and for a good system it could cost about $1400. for example, to play doom 3 or half life 2, many are going to have to buy a whole new system just to run the game at normal performance...

kenji
07-19-2003, 01:35 PM
I go with Xbox because most of my computer games lag a lot and I always have been a console player. I don't feel like upgrading because I can buy Xbox games for the price to upgrade. I play the computer a lot, but Xbox is better to me.

I'm going to have to go with Xbox Owner all the way because you can't play split screen with your friends. All of my friends have really good memories when we are playing games together. It is really your choice which you choose Xboc or PC. Xbox Owner has my same views.:cheers:

AlBoogy
07-19-2003, 01:41 PM
You should really only have 2 questions. Do you prefer playing in a chair or a couch/bed/beanbag. And do you think you can make the transition from aiming with the mouse to the thumbstick. Thats usually the hardest thing for a PC gamer to let go.

CrazyCougar
07-19-2003, 03:08 PM
PC Gaming has its advantages and one of my favorites that wont be near as deep on the xbox would be Links. On the PC there are over 600 courses to be downloaded for free which makes the gaming just go on and on. On Xbox, we'll be lucky if we get an downloadable courses without Micorsoft charging for them. MS charges for them on the PC so whats to stop them from doing it on the xbox too.

Thats just one of the examples of a game not being as good on the xbox console. On the other hand, Xbox Live is great and is a lot of fun. Just like it was said before you can hang out on the couch with controller in hand and play all night. There are a lot of great games coming out for the xbox as well as Live titles. So I'd be hard pressed not to invite ya to purchase an xbox ALONG with a new PC...LOL Hey wait a little and expect a price drop around xmas . SHould be going for about $150 by then.