PDA

View Full Version : Question

Tommy0512
07-17-2003, 11:46 AM
Ok all I know I am a noob here and a noob to the XBOX. I am still considering ditching my PC for XBOX. But to the question

Do you guys think your Sega NFL K series is better than the Madden Series? And why?

ARONO129
07-17-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Tommy0512
Ok all I know I am a noob here and a noob to the XBOX. I am still considering ditching my PC for XBOX. But to the question

Do you guys think your Sega NFL K series is better than the Madden Series? And why?

For me the answer is easy. EA doesn't support LIVE so I don't support EA.

Robflare
07-17-2003, 01:59 PM
Football is such a personal preference thing it's hard to tell you one is better than the other. I have played both and 2k/ESPN plays faster and players respond more quickly to the controller in my opinion. Madden looks nicer--maybe not this year, but it has in years past. Also, Madden is going to have a very serious ownership mode this year, that will allow you to move your team, change coaches/assistant coaches, etc. Personally, I won't use those features. I like playing the games and getting on Live and playing vs. sitting in front of the TV by myself imagining I'm a team owner.

As for thinking about buying an XBOX, I think you are crazy not to do so. I have played video games on my Dell and it's annoying as hell when the screen freezes, dealing with heavy lag, and acting like a software tester, having to download patches, etc. First person shooters like Return to Castle Wolfenstein are done extremely well on XBOX Live, and it's much easier to use than GameSpy for playing on line games.

Robflare
07-17-2003, 02:11 PM
http://www.football-gaming.com/

This covers both very well.

Rooster
07-18-2003, 12:55 PM
I beleive that the 2k series, (ESPN football now) is better for a few reasons. One being the scale of the players they use. 2k3 really shined here, but in every 2k game the players are sized well. Punters are short, qbs are tall and trim and the linemen are the big guys, etc. These high resolution style players give the 2k series a feel like no other football game has, you feel like you are actually playing with a NFL size guy.
The other thing that I enjoy about the series is that they never made it easy to beat, this series has always been challenging and I like that. There are very few money plays here, you have to read the D and find there holes, then adjust and do it again.
Overall the entire feel of the game is just more authentic to me.

Now I have nothing agaisnt Madden, they make a fun football game with tons of extras. I just do not like the player models, the money plays, etc. When I play Madden I feel like I am playing with smurfs after playing a 2k game. Rent both and you will see the difference. You will be happy with either one as both games improved/polish their games up, but I reccomend 2k4/ESPN Football. That game is also the only game with a first person view, I have seen a trailer of it and I am sold on this game. YOu may also want to rent Fever 2004, this game has gotten great previews so far.